Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Anonymoose

Video and informative article on Waterboarding

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...ns_video200808

I'd say it's torture. :-/
Anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

I don't understand what's awful about it.
I mean, obviously it is, but it seems like one of those things you have to experience.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
Barfing_Rat

That look fun!

Seriously... I think war is a dirty business and others who aren't involved should stay out of it. It's too easy to sit at home and talk about how war should be fight and everything but when you're on a battle field, it is a entirely different world and your state of mental will completely change.
This remind me of cocky high school seniors, they think they'll get a good career and make six digits a year and buy a house in less a year until they move out then they get struck in the face with reality.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
CptSternn

Waterboarding was invented by the Spanish Inquisition. That right there speaks volumes.

Another historical tib bit - 8 Japanese officers were executed by the US after WW2 because they had water boarded P.O.W.s. The US and the UN ruled waterboarding WAS torture, and the US had the authority to try those men for war crimes since they actively participated in torture.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfing_Rat
That look fun!

Seriously... I think war is a dirty business and others who aren't involved should stay out of it. It's too easy to sit at home and talk about how war should be fight and everything but when you're on a battle field, it is a entirely different world and your state of mental will completely change.
This remind me of cocky high school seniors, they think they'll get a good career and make six digits a year and buy a house in less a year until they move out then they get struck in the face with reality.
Yeah! No one who hasn't killed a man with their bare hands on a battlefield has any business having an opinion on the subject. What presumption.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfing_Rat
Are you black? If not, what right do you have to have an opinion on the rights of black people? Were you an enemy of the Nazis circa the Holocaust? Then what right do you have to condemn the Holocaust?

I could go on all day with how your opinion sucks.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:26 AM   #7
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Are you black? If not, what right do you have to have an opinion on the rights of black people? Were you an enemy of the Nazis circa the Holocaust? Then what right do you have to condemn the Holocaust?

I could go on all day with how your opinion sucks.
But you are not Barfing Rat, therefore, you have no right to an opinion on BR's opinion.

Yay for the total inertia of society!!

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote