Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Alain

"Woman killed during KKK initiation rite"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...13/2418335.htm

Apologies for spamming, if this has been mentioned already. I did a quick scan and saw nothing on the list recently. A woman travelled to Louisiana to participate in an initiation ritual, changed her mind, and was shot dead. Article linked.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
Alain

Ah, sorry about the title. I copy-pasted from the header at the ABC site. Is it a basic censorship or auto-correct that changed "Mickey Mouse Klub" to "Mickey Mouse"? I'm sorry if it gave anyone the wrong idea.

Edit: Ah, I see. Yes, auto-correct. Is there any reason in particular for this one? I can't imagine how "Mickey Mouse Klub" is any more or less PC than the Kay Kay Kay it alludes to...
Old 11-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
Jonathan

That is the most surreal title I have seen in recent memory.

I'm conflicted. I dislike censorship on moral grounds, but without it I would never have experienced this particular moment as I try not to fall out of my chair laughing. Curious.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
Saya

Its so that someone who searches for K K K in a search engine doesn't find gnet
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:39 PM   #5
Alain

Oh. That makes quite incredible sense, I suppose. Thanks for clearing that up for me
Old 11-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
tekajo

i saw this on the news. Fucked up to say the least. And by the way, this happened in the "Florida Parishes"...very far from where i live. Just like the Jena 6 which also happened on the other side of state from where i live.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
It's a tad bit frightening that they knew how to clean the site so thoroughly, almost as if they've used that skill before.

We should sticky this thread to see the reactions of the members who have no idea about what the gnet censor does to Klondike killers klub(no the gnet censor didn't do that, I censored myself).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #8
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
It's a tad bit frightening that they knew how to clean the site so thoroughly, almost as if they've used that skill before.
Duh...?
Or is that what you were getting at?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #9
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Duh...?
Or is that what you were getting at?
Yeah, I was attempting sort of a conspiracy edge to it.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 11-13-2008, 08:24 AM   #10
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Its so that someone who searches for K K K in a search engine doesn't find gnet
It's still stupid. White supremacists aren't going to want to hang around a Goth forum with a bunch of liberals, and if they decide to troll, we have moderators...

I think.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #11
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
It's still stupid. White supremacists aren't going to want to hang around a Goth forum with a bunch of liberals, and if they decide to troll, we have moderators...

I think.
Only one moderator actually.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
Albert Mond

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mickey-mouse-klub
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #13
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Well there goes the idea that it'll keep us out of Google searches.