Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-31-2008, 05:01 AM   #51
badteccy

Hot Topic is a place I will hopefully be working at soon.

I'm so fucking broke.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:56 AM   #52
MollyMac

Scotland trumped USA in obesity, and England has Madonna and Gwenyth Paltrow. It's like a macrobiotic Kabbalah herpe.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:13 AM   #53
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Scotland trumped USA in obesity, and England has Madonna and Gwenyth Paltrow. It's like a macrobiotic Kabbalah herpe.
I think you'll find the correct stereotype of English people held by Americans is bad teeth.

It's a little harsh to mention Madonna. All countries have problems.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #54
Catch

Modonna is everywhere and won't go away.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #55
Johnny Gnar Gnar

http://www.questionablecontent.net/comics/46.png

I think this explains Hot Topic well enough. Speaking of, as much as I hate to admit it, I will probably be going in there tomorrow. It is my big break to the big city, which usually happens once a month, to go see a show. So, I will probably stop at HT, hoping that there is some jewel hidden amongst the shat.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:16 PM   #56
Godslayer Jillian

Also
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/49/
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/328/

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #57
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz
No.. I'm just not obese.. I mean American..
I hope this was just an unwarranted, hypocritical attack on Americans as a whole and not an attempt to call me fat. While the former is idiotic, it's not anything I wouldn't expect from you; the latter, however, is exceptionally laughable considering that I could stand to gain 10 pounds.

Quote:
Oh by the way, you wanna stop with all this bollox? You post around 1-2 posts a day because you are trying to come across as this superior, interlectual person, it takes so fucking long,
Although this may come as a shock to you, a great number of people are able to make use of BIG INTERLECTUAL WORDS like 'establish' or 'tremendous' without painstakingly flipping through a thesaurus. The act of contributing to gnet is hardly one that I find substantially time consuming. Plus, did you seriously just make an effort to insult me on the grounds that I don't post to these boards enough? As it happens, dumbshit, the reason for which I don't make seventy posts a day isn't that I require 10 hours per message, it's that most of my time is devoted to making money, having sex with women, reading books, and other such activities that, I have no doubt, are alien to you. Perhaps had I the free time necessary to spend my day refreshing a traffic cam in hopes of spotting emokids, you might witness more posts from me, though you should be glad I don't, for in the absence of more interesting discussion topics everyone has to pretend they care about your Pikmin dolls.

Quote:
So what if i'm insecure man? Have been all my life, not something i'm proud of, but you gotta deal with this kinda shit.
So what if, in observing how pathetic you are, I'm disgusted and provoked to ridicule you?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #58
Extraordinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
So what if, in observing how pathetic you are, I'm disgusted and provoked to ridicule you?
Sorry, but you can't ridicule anyone.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #59
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraordinary
Sorry, but you can't ridicule anyone.
Sure I can. With extreme ease. Watch me ridicule Richard Gere right now, just by mentioning The Mothman Prophecies.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:44 AM   #60
Extraordinary

Richard Gere?

You aren't fit to ridicule Rick Moranis in a kickboxing match.

yay! rick moranis! ^_____________^
Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #61
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraordinary
yay! rick moranis! ^_____________^
I am glad that some people recognize Rick Moranis as exciting and worthy of manga emoticons.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:29 AM   #62
Edward Strange

*Strums guitar*
Gather round children and I shall tell you a tale of the Blue Banana!
*Guitar string snaps*
Alas, it'll be many a year before someone flushes down another guitar string.

Anyway.
As far as I can tell Blue Banana and Hot Topic could be seen as different versions of the same beast.
They both sell alternative clothes in the same big chain store sort of a way and tend to keep up with the current trends, so there isn't much gothic clothery hanging around as things like emo and the like are 'in'.

Which makes sense as they have to pay the rent, it's by no means dishonest business, as far as I can tell. Although I would rather support the local businesses, not just because they are a little bit cheaper!

Someone mentioned going in just to see if they have anything cool, I do that too on occasion but doesn't really find anything I like very often, at least, for a price I could afford to pay. I sometimes look on their website as well for much the same.

They've got shops dotted here and there, I've been to the one in Exeter and the one in Cardiff. While they don't really have anything I like or want to buy especially (alot of it seems geared for someone younger and more in touch with the fashion of the day then myself).
But I wouldn't have said it was too bad...
The staff are quite friendly in a 'you must buy or I will get sacked' kind of a way.

I tried to get a job there once, but I don't think I had enough piercings or tattoos...

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #63
Chazz

Quote:
I hope this was just an unwarranted, hypocritical attack on Americans as a whole and not an attempt to call me fat. While the former is idiotic, it's not anything I wouldn't expect from you; the latter, however, is exceptionally laughable considering that I could stand to gain 10 pounds.

Although this may come as a shock to you, a great number of people are able to make use of BIG INTERLECTUAL WORDS like 'establish' or 'tremendous' without painstakingly flipping through a thesaurus. The act of contributing to gnet is hardly one that I find substantially time consuming. Plus, did you seriously just make an effort to insult me on the grounds that I don't post to these boards enough? As it happens, dumbshit, the reason for which I don't make seventy posts a day isn't that I require 10 hours per message, it's that most of my time is devoted to making money, having sex with women, reading books, and other such activities that, I have no doubt, are alien to you. Perhaps had I the free time necessary to spend my day refreshing a traffic cam in hopes of spotting emokids, you might witness more posts from me, though you should be glad I don't, for in the absence of more interesting discussion topics everyone has to pretend they care about your Pikmin dolls.

The thing is, I enjoy being by myself, I don't like company.

Don't make me laugh.. Sex with women, riiiight, you're one of the most fuck ugly people i've ever seen, you look like a bloody woman.
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #64
(heartofflames)

Quote:

Don't make me laugh.. Sex with women, riiiight, you're one of the most fuck ugly people i've ever seen, you look like a bloody woman.
For the sake of your safety, and your relatively unburned butt, I suppose you should shut up. You have resorted to physical attacks because you have nothing left to say.

Charlotte: You're probably just having a mid-life crisis. Did you buy a Porsche yet?
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #65
Edward Strange

Why do we always fight in this forum..
The only forums I've ever been on where people don't fight at all are when everyone using them has been police officers or prison guards!

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #66
badteccy

Quote:
I am glad that some people recognize Rick Moranis as exciting and worthy of manga emoticons.
You are my new favorite person.

It's kinda dumb these days that people get all uppity at Hot Topic because it's for "poseurs" or some bullshit. Who cares, honestly. It's JUST a store, and sometimes they have some cool stuff. If you don't like it, fine...go shop at Angry Young and Poor or something (I like that store).
Old 06-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #67
Chazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
You are my new favorite person.

It's kinda dumb these days that people get all uppity at Hot Topic because it's for "poseurs" or some bullshit. Who cares, honestly. It's JUST a store, and sometimes they have some cool stuff. If you don't like it, fine...go shop at Angry Young and Poor or something (I like that store).
I looked at their site, only decent things they had were the Mario and Zelda shirts.
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #68
Rorschach Twin

Hot Topic is a store that will infinitely ruin a subculture after it has it's way with it.
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #69
MollyMac

No. Seriously, it's just a store. The subculture will do itself in with it's own bullshit. Hot Topic and Yoko Ono just carry the blame for destruction of culture because they are tangibles outside of your self-created drama.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #70
badteccy

Quote:
I looked at their site, only decent things they had were the Mario and Zelda shirts.
Nerd.
No just kidding, that's just an opinion. Much like how your post is an opinion.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #71
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
That's fine, I can respect that you don't want to have friends, a job, or a sex life. Many individuals for whom I have great respect lead similar lifestyles. Then again, Lovecraft and Thoreau wrote treatises and short stories, not barely intelligible ramblings about Pikmin.

Quote:
Sex with women, riiiight, you're one of the most fuck ugly people i've ever seen, you look like a bloody woman.
Heh, you realize that, even if I did 'look like a bloody woman', that fact would be a pretty illegitimate justification for calling me fuck ugly on a goth forum. Regardless, I can back up what I say.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #72
Graveyard.Crow

I like femenine guys. /grins
Old 06-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #73
Underwater Ophelia

I like girls who can spell.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #74
Mir

hahahahah! Fehmanin!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #75
MollyMac

Bloody women help me boost my iron intake.