Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
FlorenceFearne

Intro thread, according to instructions

Well, I read the thread for Newbies, and have been thoroughly frightened into submission. Below are my answers to the intro questions. In case of accidental typo, I'd like to arrange to do penance by complimenting other people on their boots, rather than being killed horribly.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I sit in a cube all day, and do things that are both boring and difficult to explain, so I'll stick to hobbies here. I like to sew, scrapbook, knit, decorate, and read. I also enjoy fashion and architecture.

2. Where are you from?

I currently live in Washington state, in the US.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Like most readers, I have trouble choosing just one, but Jonathan L Howard, Rick Yancey, J.K. Rowling, Edward Gorey, and Scott Adams are the first few that come to mind.

4. What are your favorite films?

Again I'll go with the first few I can think of, which include Dracula (original 1931), The Addams Family, and The Addams Family Values, Shaun of the Dead, and Harold and Maude. And on a related subject, my favorite TV shows are The Big Bang Theory, Pushing Daisies, Supernatural, The Golden Girls (yes, the one with the old ladies,) and Reaper.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

If I get married again, I'm pretty sure it will be a courthouse affair. No music.

6. At your funeral?

Of course, you can't top, "Don't Fear the Reaper," but I'd like classical music. A current favorite is Aram Khachaturian's Masquerade Suite Waltz.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Quickly and painlessly, if possible. If not, I guess a bloody spectacle would give people something to chat about later.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

No casket for me, thanks. I'd prefer an old fashioned toe pincher, in black.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

I haven't worn anything I'd consider a favorite in years. I work in corporate america in a very casual office, so anything dressier than jeans makes me stand out more than I'd like. My current favorite garment is a vintage floor length black skirt with a double ruffle along the bottom. It's very Morticia Addams.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

I miss going outside and riding bikes all day long without ever feeling tired.

11. What's your favorite band?

Top five might include Miranda Lambert, Wednesday 13, The Electric Hellfire Club, Rammstein, and the Black Keys.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I'm in school right now, beginning my associates. Haven't decided firmly on a major yet, although I'm leaning toward software engineering.

13. Why did you join?

My town doesn't have a lot of goths, and even if it did, I don't get out much. I prefer my human interactions to be via computer screen. Plus, ever since the /goth site went away, I've been looking for a new place to lurk.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Female.
FlorenceFearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
MissCheyenne

Welcome to G.Net

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
BourbonBoy

Welcome to the boards
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome Madam. Given your location, have you been to the plugfest?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
FlorenceFearne

In fact, I have not. I am over on the un-Seattle-ish side of the state, where the most excitement we get is when someone's truck is painted a new type of camo.
FlorenceFearne is offline   Reply With Quote