Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #126
whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistentialDisorder
I believe completely that it should be the woman's right to choose. Its her body. The guy made his choice when he decided whether or not to wear a rubber.
Yes it should be her choice since she is the one whos carring all the problems of "creating" and reasing a child.
But u forgot something way important MACHISM or what ever and also waht the family has to say. For example where I live Mexico City. in here what the family things and says of you is way important and also what the male thinks, (also that most of the pregnancy occurs to womens of really low resources) but that will be another subject (relegion is also important).
Ithink I would be in favor of theabortion ( if having the baby would endanger her life)but that is entairly(is it spelled corectly ? I think not) A choice of my gril.
whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:09 PM   #127
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
I am pro-choice, but if you don't want a child take preventative measures. Too many abortions(three generally) will render one sterile.
I thought this might be appropriate...
http://www.deviantart.com/view/22661479/
Old 06-30-2006, 01:58 AM   #128
Puppet Master

Pro choice, why put a baby into a life where no one wants it?

Also the world is overpoulated enough to be full of "little" mistakes.

I hope my bluntness has not offended anyone
Puppet Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:01 AM   #129
belle hawk

In some conditions abortion should be done especially when the woman is attacked and the mother's life is at risk.Wanting a woman who was attacked to give birth isn't fair.They already has had to live through much thing and for most of them giving birth makes it more difficult to bare.Also when the mother's life is at risk,it's nonsense to be obstinate to give birth.When you are trying to bring a baby, you choose to commit suicide.Last year in my city there was a woman who was pregnant to seven baby.Doctors always said her to abort four of them,otherwise both the babies and her life would get in danger.But she didn't accept and lost all of them,and she had to stay in hospital for several months.The family already has a son,if she had listened the doctors,now they wouldn't have to live so much thing,also the family's economy wouldn't be able to feed 10 people.When someone decides to give birth,they should take everything into consideration
belle hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #130
SweetAbsinthe666

Apparently, having an abortion brings to my mind many pros and cons about it. Sometimes, I wish I were aborted when I get depressed. However, the mother has the fetus inside of her that only she can choose to either keep or abort it before birth. I'm pro-life but I know if you call a woman a slut or a murderer, that would eventually cause more harm than good based on my logical explanation of some of the things even Freud would love to get his mind into. All of us do have the ability to have free-will. Sometimes, when a person have an abortion or wants to have the divorce, some of us can assume that they are out of their mind because of their emotions.

However, there is such the thing as instinct that we all rely on. That is what some psychologists call it the "Id". Sometimes, both the id and the superego can be conjoined so strongly, that sometimes, the seemlingly wrong thing like abortion might benefit a woman's life in a healthy way according to some situations including ****, incest, very bad health problems, and even if they don't have money to support the child. Why would a woman be forced to give birth because of that demented idea that women who have abortions are selfish pigs or too emotional? We don't know the woman's view of her situation when we think in a biased manner. Some women are rightly emotional because they need to let out the steam. But if a woman is emotional and sane, does that make her more like a sensitive creature that has no control over her emotions? Sometimes, we should let her make a choice and perhaps answer for herself instead of judging her just because she has the abortion. For me, I rather answer to myself if I were to give birth in the overpopulated world instead of me answering why did I shoved a woman or give her the Quality Pregnancy card and tell her that she should go to that instead of Planned Parenthood just because she wants an abortion. We can't stop all women from having abortions. That should be laid to rest for now.
SweetAbsinthe666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #131
Lady Victoria Pareesis

And what about simply give the choice to the mothers?
No one else should be allowed to do so in their place.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #132
Godslayer Jillian

What if a woman doesn't want the baby, but the man does?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #133
Godslayer Jillian

Welcome back, Santarea
Too bad you missed my birthday.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #134
SweetAbsinthe666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Victoria Pareesis
And what about simply give the choice to the mothers?
No one else should be allowed to do so in their place.
That is what I'm trying to explain.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:44 AM   #135
Child_of_Fury

I'm a pro-abortion, too. I mainly think of the part of a woman getting forced to the act and thus pregnant. Or when the mother simply couldn't take care of the offspring. Of course abortion is a radical decision, but sometimes it is the only option. Better to be aborted than abandoned.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #136
SweetAbsinthe666

Thinking about misogyny, there is one saying that I closely held to my heart.... "Let sleeping dogs lie"... You can't tell the woman to not have abortions. In my second to last post, even though I made a typo about Quality Pregnancy (pisses women off), I do hate abortion but yelling at a woman and shoving her for having an abortion is a fucking misogynist practice that deepens the wound between pro-lifers and pro-choicers in this era as well as telling her that she murdered a child or should contact Birthright because she's pregnant.

However, I believe that women should be given the choice instead of being chased for being a murderer or even killed in the back alley abortion. If you think I sound crazy....Check out how many misogynist families are in this world right now including the pro-life ones.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #137
SweetAbsinthe666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
It is not so much misogyny as it is an ape-like propogation of the species. Most people don't realize that with the evolution of opposable thumbs came decisions of a higher consciousness. Not a choice- A DECISION. A rational thought process.

Rational, not religious although religion may be a factor. Although looking to a religion that man created to worship a god that man created in his image so that the god could create us in his is bollocks to me. May as well ask L. Ron Hubbard for his Nacho recipe.
Okay, I'm calming down. I know the abortion issue is really infuriating me. But you need to know that if you don't agree with me, then I'm sorry I had an opinion about it.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #138
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
I personaly have never been put in front of such a choice: abortion or not. But in any case, i think that a woman has the right to have an abortion if she wants to. What if she was ***** or has to earn money so she can't take any time off for the birth? People that believe abortion is a crime of course think about the rights of the unborn baby but they seem to forget that they have a live woman if front of them who also has rights and a life.

A few weeks ago there was a program in the TV about a woman that gave birth to 9 children secretly (not even her husband knew) and then killed them and burried them in the flower pots on her balconey. When the police found out, she was brough to court and i believe got 15 years. This example has nothing to do with abortion but it illustrates how people care more about unborn people than about the mother. A baby is a part of a woman, it is something she carries inside of her and I believe she has the absolute right to do with it whatever she pleases. How can a being that isn't even born or was born a few hours ago already have rights?

Maybe, I will see things differently when I myself will be put in front of such a choice. But at the moment I simply cannot understand people that consider abortion a crime.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #139
Crying_Crimson_Tears

It's a woman's choice, no doubt about it. It's her body, she will choose what she wants for her and her baby. If we made it illegal women would just go get back door abortions, and that would end up very, very badly.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #140
Gilthoniel

I am pro-choice. I think most people alive today should have been aborted. I also believe that being pro-life is not the same as being pro-birth (which is what pro-lifers really are).
Gilthoniel is offline   Reply With Quote