Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #26
RadTeeJay

Unhappy

Ok haha

I'm probably the only guy thats gonna post on this thread but ...
I love black hair. But I naturally have medium brown hair. I started dying it black a few months ago and the color never stays vibrant for more then a few days!! The warm tones of the brown always come back so soon. I use Color Vive Shampoo and the same brand of conditioner by Loreal.

I use Feria's Black Leather. Because I thought a red based tone would look more natural with my olive-y skin, rather then the blue undertones of a Midnight Black. And I read on a Goth Modeling forum awhile back that it had the best results for more natural looking black hair for people with more a more medium skin tone.

Am I using the wrong brand. Which brands are most vibrant. Help plz.
RadTeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #27
Solumina

Go to a beauty supply store, most likely there is one in your area that is open to the public (Sally Beauty Supply is the only nationwide chain that I can think of off the top of my head), they will have the best prices, besides direct from the manufacturer, and they will have a much wider selection then pretty much anywhere. Most of them also have knowledgeable staff who can help pick out the type that will work best for you, know how the products will interact with past hair treatments, how the color really shows up, and how likely it is to fade.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #28
vindicatedxjin

................so I went and bought the garnier vibrant color in blue black, I'm hoping that since I haven't dyed it in several months that it will hold better, we'll just have to see.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #29
Pineapple_Juice

If your hair is in really good shape it won't hold the color very well. If it's damaged it sinks into the hair follicle better but it washes out quicker as well. Best bet is not to wash your hair every single day, and when you do, wash it in the coldest water you can stand. Try not to use too much shampoo. Hair spray that has alcohol in it will strip your color as well. Red's the hardest color to keep vibrant so I learned by experience.

Um. And nice people on some gay website called Gnet.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #30
solanine

I use Garnier Nutrisse in black and I am lucky I only have to re-dye once every 4-6 weeks. I also use a colour enhancing shampoo not sure if it helps keep the colour but my hair feels nice afterwards.
solanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:22 AM   #31
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTeeJay View Post
Ok haha

I'm probably the only guy thats gonna post on this thread but ...

Newp.

Anyway, I've been thinking of dying my hair for a while now, the problem is I am a dirty blonde, and I also sport facial hair. If it comes down to my hair color or my goatee... I'm taking the goatee.

How easy is it to dye facial hair? Also, does anybody ever notice your eyebrows? I'd love to have black hair, but the rest of my face would betray me.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #32
solanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post

How easy is it to dye facial hair? Also, does anybody ever notice your eyebrows? I'd love to have black hair, but the rest of my face would betray me.
Thinking about it I have never noticed anyones eyebrows and I know a few people that dye their hair from blonde to black and the opposite. Now I am going to be checking out their eyebrows when I see them!
Old 11-14-2009, 01:38 AM   #33
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by solanine View Post
Thinking about it I have never noticed anyones eyebrows and I know a few people that dye their hair from blonde to black and the opposite. Now I am going to be checking out their eyebrows when I see them!
Next time you watch Lord of the Rings, check out Legolas's eyebrows. They're black. Ruined the entire movie for me.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:45 AM   #34
solanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
Next time you watch Lord of the Rings, check out Legolas's eyebrows. They're black. Ruined the entire movie for me.

I am going to put the film on right now.

I once watched a programme that pointed out film mistakes (like digital watches being worn in the wrong era) wish I hadn't, can't watch Gladiator or The Bourne identity at all now I keep seeing all the mistakes.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:54 AM   #35
SiouxsiePernova

You could use a dark brown eyebrow pencil to fill in your eyebrows instead of dyeing them. It would look more natural and you wouldn't have to worry about blonde eyebrow regrowth.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #36
ragamuffin

im deathly allergic to black dye now... used to use clairol "natural blue black" (i think) and it was amazing. it lasted until i needed to do my roots. these were my teenage goth years, and when it started itching a little here and there i didnt care. eventually i had such a bad reaction i could have died. i always used the same dye too. watch out you itchy scalped hair dyers!
now i use special effects "blood red". i long for black hair sometimes still.
ragamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #37
blindNsect

It progressively got worse over how long of a period? What were your other symptoms?
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #38
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
You could use a dark brown eyebrow pencil to fill in your eyebrows instead of dyeing them. It would look more natural and you wouldn't have to worry about blonde eyebrow regrowth.
That's what I do. My brows are blonde.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #39
Asocalisten

I'm using Henna and Indigo. My mom bought it for me because it was cheaper than chemical dye. It works well so far.
Asocalisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #40
carakitty

If I can try a local source for Indigo I might put that on my hair next. I'm going to look at hennaforhair.com to see if they have examples on Indigo over dark brown hair. What does straight indigo smell like while it's being processed on the head?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #41
Asocalisten

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
If I can try a local source for Indigo I might put that on my hair next. I'm going to look at hennaforhair.com to see if they have examples on Indigo over dark brown hair. What does straight indigo smell like while it's being processed on the head?
The kind I use smells kind of like cooked spinach.
Asocalisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #42
carakitty

Interesting. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #43
crucifix

I use revlon dye and have for years. I like it cause it is cheap and the black shade makes me naturally red hair jet black without fading like so many other blacks do on me. I always, always, always shampoo my hair after dyeing it. I really scrub the hell out of my scalp. I know you are not really suppossed to shapoo right after dyeing, but I like to remove all of the residue, and I never itch or get scalp stains since I have been washing right away afterwards.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote