Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #76
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Ho. Lee. Shit.
My instinct is to respond at length to the above torrent of pure, not-from-concentrate insanity, but I honestly don't think I could say anything about it that it doesn't say more poignantly for itself. I have to sternly turn down the part of me that wants to sling off a few more ad hominems or glib ripostes, because I fear that to do so might trivialize-- or worse, somehow legitimize-- the absolute craziness that's on display right there.
The above posts embody irrationality and self-deception at their most utterly terrifying. I mean, I'm called 'nazi-esque' because I don't pretend respect for people with stupid ideas, and make jokes at the expense of those people. I'm repeatedly said to 'hate' and 'use' women because I implied that I'm not interested in a long-term relationship.
The sheer anger is kind of chilling, even to allegedly 'angry' me.
I LOVE IT! Poor Gothicus... You're completely dumbfounded. Whine, bitch, whine... Fuck you, and enjoy the rest of your pathetic life.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:10 AM   #77
JCC.

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeatheredÆtheling View Post
You are gay.
Well that's mature.
JCC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:25 AM   #78
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC. View Post
Well that's mature.
You sniveling coward... Did I hurt your feelings too? Ahhhhhhhhh... As I said before, you follow Gothicus around like a fucking puppy. Whenever he posts something, you come bounding in 2-3 posts down like a damn lapdog to piggy-back ride his idiotc remarks. You may have been here longer than Gothicus, but let's face it: everyone knows that you're his bitch. It doesn't help when you post sycophantic, drunken nonesense such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC. View Post
The great thing about GM is that he is tells he won't bullshit. Learn that.
...or any of your other juvenile replies to him. That's right, JCC; you're his dog. So, if you get banned again, do yourself a favour and use a name like "Canis Gothicus" or some shit in order to get your submission out in the open. By the way, I'm adding you to my ignore list as well. You can flatter yourself that I even took the time to directly address a crazed pansy like yourself in this last post.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:26 AM   #79
gothicusmaximus

Gothic.net: capturing nervous breakdowns in text form since 1995.

Upon reflection, I have to admit that seeing some very probably drunk kid pound out an essay-length argument of the totally moot point that I'm not nice, peppering that argument with poorly-reasoned, heavily distorted conceptions of my personal beliefs and flawed interpretations of excerpts from my poetry, is sort of a thrill. It's like I'm the subject of an NYU class.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:28 AM   #80
TheFeatheredÆtheling

This message is hidden because gothicusmaximus is on your ignore list.

Hmmm... What was that? I'm afraid that I didn't get it.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:19 AM   #81
JCC.

Smile

He said

Quote:
Gothic.net: capturing nervous breakdowns in text form since 1995.

Upon reflection, I have to admit that seeing some very probably drunk kid pound out an essay-length argument of the totally moot point that I'm not nice, peppering that argument with poorly-reasoned, heavily distorted conceptions of my personal beliefs and flawed interpretations of excerpts from my poetry, is sort of a thrill. It's like I'm the subject of an NYU class.
On another note, I'd point out a different joke to you, but you probably wouldn't get it, seeing as you are the only person on the board who hasn't noticed. For the record, I don't like Gothicus. I don't hate him. I nothing him. He's funny, and I respect that. He reminds me of how I was when I was his age and hadn't destroyed brain cells. He won't like that, but that's one of the reasons I respect him. I'd get him drunk and molest him or something, it depends on if he bought a couple of rounds, I dunno.

See, what you don't get is the obvious, that's your problem. You're one of those "Hidden Meaning" people, when there is no hidden meaning. I'm bitter and like acting like a moron because it makes life more interesting. I tell people this, which makes life more interesting. GM likes pissing people off. It makes life more interesting to him. John Cage recorded silence, Stan Lee created legends, and we irritate. We all have our things. It's just a shame yours is lame, is all. I think you just need some loving. I'd do it myself but I don't know where my penis has been. People on this site aren't assholes, we're bored. Thanks for all the fish.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 AM   #82
TheFeatheredÆtheling

This message is hidden because JCC. is on your ignore list.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:46 AM   #83
JCC.

Smile

I love it when you guys do that. It's like you think it really hurts me or something, or will deter me from posting at you. That, coupled with the fact that because I'm brilliant, everyone totally reads everything I post, then writes it all down for future reference, makes me happy.

I AM GOING TO FUCKING FIND YOU, BITCH, AND I AM GOING TO FUCKING RRAPE YOU SO HARD YOU'LL SELL YOUR SOUL TO SATAN FOR IT TO STOP. I WILL TIE A FISH HOOK TO MY COCK AND SCRATCH MY INITIALS INSIDE YOU, BECAUSE YOU ARE FUCKING MINE, YOU WHORE, YOUR MOTHER WAS MINE, AND SO ARE YOU. I WILL DRILL A HOLE IN THE ROOF OF YOUR MOUTH AND FUCK YOUR BRAIN. MY MANHOOD WILL BLIND YOU. AND WHEN I AM DONE, I WILL FEED YOU TO OUR CHILDREN AND REPEAT THE PROCESS.

WHY DO YOU NOT LOVE ME??????
Old 07-16-2010, 06:34 AM   #84
JCC

Jesus Christ GM, you fucking broke it.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #85
gothicusmaximus

Goddamnit, JCC. Now that you've posted, he's finally going to realize, as he somehow hasn't yet, that you and Duckman aren't one person, and the walls of his psyche are going to collapse completely. He might glue feathers to his skin, tie a huge firecracker to his back, and catapult through the window of my apartment.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #86
Ben Lahnger

Ætheling, first, let's do a little review. This all started on page one with GM's comment in post # 23:

Quote:
That was the obvious joke part.

Quote:
Seriously though, the lessons of my considerable experience with the opposite sex can be distilled into a single axiom: "hit it and quit it."
As far as the vast majority of women is concerned, getting actually 'involved' is like giving Twilight a few chapters to improve-- needlessly generous and ultimately infuriating.
That was the serious part, but also just an opinion. After all, there ARE people who LIKE Twilight.

The first actual insult on intelligence was made by JCC. (who, having less than 100 posts is not the same person as JCC who has over 4000 posts, a fact you've gotten confused about) and directed at AD in post #41, when he called her a dumbass. Prior to that, the verbal banter amounted to GM stating AD was slow on the uptake in this matter and AD quipping that they were both brain damaged to varying degrees.

Then the verbal bantering (now nearly a whole page after the initial comment, started rising to GM questioning AD's intelligence - post #42 and AD responding with "Your mother should have breast fed you" in post #43.

From that point on it devolved into an escalating insult war.

Also, let's not forget Alan, the person who started this thread, making this comment in post #48:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Dude.

I seriously love how I ask for genuine support coming out of the most insanely sociopathic relationship I'll probably ever have, you guys genuinely cared and gave me advice.

And then comes apewoman and completely derails the thread because she just keeps refusing acknowledging A FUCKING JOKE that did make me feel better.

How many past member can qualify to be this big of a bitch?
Then lady_cthulhu totally misinterpreted GM's original words in a nearly incomprehensible way, which led to further unravelling and caused the discussion to get more heated. Then you entered the fray and brought the converstation to insults about ego, condecension and intelligence bigotry. And that's propelled this useless, thread-jacking verbage for another page.

GM's original post (highlighted at the top of this post) is not as inherently evil or offensive as your wounded feelings would indicate. Ignore the joke part. The rest is true for his experience. I think he's over-projected with the phrase "vast majority", but that reflects his experience. (There are many women who have similar beliefs about the "vast majority" of men.)

The phrase "hit it and quit it" is not offensive ... there are women out there that like to "hit it and quit it" too. If he meets up with them, it's a perfect match.

See my comments in post #52 in regards to what response any other woman should have to that philosophy.

Finally, Ætheling, if you quote me as you did in post #68 and snip out the most salient point I was making, it irritates me tremendously. And also, regarding that post, do not assume I "cowtow" to any-fucking-one here. I have seen GM be an ass to people here many times. Sometimes they deserve it (as is the case in this comedy of errors) and sometimes it's just GM being an ass. I don't blindly support him in those cases. But it's a bad generalization to state that he's an ass all the time (and incredibly innacurate) or that no one likes him or that anyone here is humoring him.

You, with your less than two months here and all of 69 posts, should not be making such broad, insulting statements about anyone you don't know very well.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #87
JCC.

Exclamation

You put far too much effort into that, dude.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #88
ape descendant

Hey ben, GM and co are assholes... why are you upset that they're being called on it?

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #89
JCC.

Thumbs down

You are a douche. That big incredibly white text right there in GM's post? It's a fucking link, in case you packet of used schmucks didn't know. Click the fucking thing.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #90
lady_cthulhu

Ben - my interpretation of the comment isn't that unreasonable. Clearly there are other people thought the same thing. If it's JCC and GM's goal to irritate people, are you really so surprised that something they said was, well, irritating?

GM's later post put a more positive spin on his choice, but the earlier post not so much. And to compare a relationship to Twilight, with as much Twilight hate as goes on here? How did he think it was going to be interpreted? It actually doesn't matter to me how he handles his relationships (or lack thereof), I just wanted to point out how that statement could be potentially offensive to someone.

For the record, I never indicated that using/abusing women was GM's goal, and I don't think what he said was sexist. He drew that conclusion himself. Like I said, he was just trying to help Alan feel better.
lady_cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #91
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_cthulhu View Post
Ben - my interpretation of the comment isn't that unreasonable. Clearly there are other people thought the same thing. If it's JCC and GM's goal to irritate people, are you really so surprised that something they said was, well, irritating?
Three people in this thread found the comment irritating. Six people did not, including the thread starter. Get a grip.

Quote:
For the record, I never indicated that using/abusing women was GM's goal, and I don't think what he said was sexist. He drew that conclusion himself. Like I said, he was just trying to help Alan feel better.
More evidence that you didn't get his initial post or the sarcasm laden post he issued in response to your wildly misguided initial post.

Oh, and AD, my last statement covered the "when do I support people perceived to be behaving like assholes" subject quite well.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #92
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeatheredÆtheling View Post
Really, Gothicus? I suppose then that your idea of a sensible female would be a prostitute.
Now really, there's no call for misogyny.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #93
gothicusmaximus

Ben, I have to say I really do appreciate your effort to break shit down in a manner comprehensible to these people. I was tempted to do the same many times, but foolishly chose instead to continue employing sarcasm, hyperbole, and other modes of discourse with which Ape Descendant, lady_cthulhu, and TheFeatheredAethling are clearly not comfortable-- and now, regrettably it appears TheFeatheredAethling will require years of therapy. We could all learn something from you today-- I too will now make an effort to speak simply.

Quote:
GM's later post put a more positive spin on his choice, but the earlier post not so much. And to compare a relationship to Twilight, with as much Twilight hate as goes on here? How did he think it was going to be interpreted? It actually doesn't matter to me how he handles his relationships (or lack thereof), I just wanted to point out how that statement could be potentially offensive to someone.
This right here is the central problem of this whole discussion. Naturally, I understood that a person might be offended by my statement. They might misinterpret "hit it and quit it" to mean "I would like to get a woman pregnant and abandon her" like you did, or to mean "I patently hate all women", like TheFeatherAethling did. However, those misinterpretations are really stupid, so I deride them and don't afford them any respect, contrary to TheFeatheredAethling's belief that insulting stupid people makes one a Nazi.
All I said was that I like to have far shorter-term 'relationships' with women, and don't view getting involved to be worth the effort. The response of someone who disagrees should be "I wouldn't listen to Gothicus, Alan, in my experience relationships can be very rewarding, you just have to find the right girl", not "GOTHICUS MAXIMUS YOU USE WOMEN. YOU WANT TO KNOCK THEM UP AND DITCH THEM." The latter is insane.
Is it really such a shock that I'm a jackass to you guys?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #94
Apathy's_Child

You just haven't met the right one. Which brings us to the latest cautionary tale of the thread: how rolling with hookers warps your ability to form meaningful, trust-based relationships with internet strangers teetering on the brink of mental breakdown.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #95
gothicusmaximus

I've had my heart broken, Apathy. Her name... was Itchy. We were in love.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #96
JCC

Quote:
If it's JCC and GM's goal to irritate people, are you really so surprised that something they said was, well, irritating?
It's not my goal to irritate people. People often say stupid shit and I make fun of them for being stupid, that does not mean that I go around looking to make fun of everyone just because you are an asshole and I pick on you accordingly.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #97
Saya

You know, when fighting against perceived misogyny, which has repeatedly been explained that it was a joke, perhaps getting hysterical and childish isn't the best way to go. Or calling people gay. Homophobia does not douse the flames of the patriarchy.

Seriously, all he did was say he likes to keep relationships short. If he had a vagina we'd say its sexual liberation. I can kinda understand if you didn't read his original post right and you didn't know about that other thread he linked too or realized it was a link, the joke went over your head. But it has been explained a few times now. Its okay to say you were wrong instead of going down with the ship.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #98
JCC.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Or calling people gay. Homophobia does not douse the flames of the patriarchy.
Is that at me? 'Cuzif it is, you missed the joke, too.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #99
Saya

Nah, that was at Aethling calling you gay. I know you were joking, and you're not the one getting extremely upset because you detect sexism in a joke. If he was joking thats still super hypocritical.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #100
Apathy's_Child

Let's settle this with a bisexual love-in.

For feminism.