Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #526
the-nihilist

I used to have a pet rat. That had to be one of my favorite pets.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #527
korinna5555

I was never allowed to have a rat, as my mother couldn't STAND their tails..
I loved the class rat in first grade, though. His name was Wilbur, and I fed him Nilla wafers. I miss Wilbur! D:
Old 05-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #528
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobel black View Post
One of my rats died today. I discovered a rapidly growing tumour the weekend before last, and she went in to have it removed today.
When the vet opened her up she found that it had already spread around several important veins and the thyroid, so she was put down.
My condolences. I had two rats, its really sad when they die :-( Poor thing.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #529
korinna5555

Having a newly pierced nostril and a stuffy nose.. =/=

>_<
Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #530
isobel black

Thanks for your support, guys. It was pretty sad, especially since I hadn't expected it to be so bad. She's the first to go of a group of 5 who were born with us.

Two of her sisters have had tumours removed and came through without much trouble, so I was expecting this to go well, even though this one was much more aggressive.

At least she didn't suffer, and at the rate this growth was progressing she wouldn't have lasted much more than a week anyway.

Rats make such great pets, it's a shame they don't live that long and are so cancer-prone.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #531
Delkaetre

cold cold cold cold cold cold cold cold

And some teenage tosspot, some pissant prepubescent today decided to revive a yell I thought long dead. Upon seeing my black leather trenchcoat clad self walking home, his first reaction was not to think "oooh, a slender lady dressed in well cut black leather", but to yell "Maaaaay-triiiiix!".
I thought that joke died ten years ago. There are so many other movies with black leather trenchcoats in them.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #532
Duane

That movie is awesome...

I hurt my ankle Pogo Dancing, I think I'm doing something wrong.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #533
Tam Li Hua

Fuckin' Idiots. >_<

I'm not in a good mood.

I would feel better if I could actually get through to my Dad's room at the surgery rehab place so I can know how he's doing.

Fuckin' hell; ANSWER THE DAMNED PHONE, PEOPLE!! Who doesn't answer a phone at a FUCKING HOSPITAL??!!

Idiots.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #534
Solumina

I danced/thrashed too much last night and now my neck and legs are sore (though I think my legs would be okay if I had been in heels as I am just not used to dancing in flats). I think that was the first time that I have stayed until last call, at least we all had fun.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #535
Saya

Quote:
Thanks for your support, guys. It was pretty sad, especially since I hadn't expected it to be so bad. She's the first to go of a group of 5 who were born with us.

Two of her sisters have had tumours removed and came through without much trouble, so I was expecting this to go well, even though this one was much more aggressive.

At least she didn't suffer, and at the rate this growth was progressing she wouldn't have lasted much more than a week anyway.

Rats make such great pets, it's a shame they don't live that long and are so cancer-prone.
I know what you mean, I loved having rats but I don't think I could deal with that heart ache every two or so years.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #536
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
And my grandson's father's isochronal cycle of sobriety->drunken thoughtless diatribe ->sorrowful hangover continues. His own mother won't even talk to him anymore. It would be pathetic if it hadn't happened countless times already. What a fucking loser.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #537
korinna5555

HP, sorry to hear that's still happening. :[

Del, my brother and his friend used to call me Matrix [like it was my NAME] because I had a pair of sunglasses that VAGUELY resembled Neo's.. it must be a 'tween boy thing.

I am irritated because my kitty is all worked up. She keeps yowling, and I don't know what's wrong..
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:28 AM   #538
Darcnyss

Last night some friends and I decided to go out for some drinks. We were all dressed up and in full goth regalia, and, in hindsight this was a BAD idea, decided to wander around the student hub in our city looking for a good place to have a few pints. I cannot recall the last time I actually got the type of reaction from a crowd of people like we got last night, since all of us are pretty used to being quite a common sight in the area we live.
Calls of "Beware the coffin kids!", "Don't look at them, they'll curse you" and "Just remember, Jesus loves you" followed us all the way through the square.
We finally decided it wasn't worth the trouble and ended up at a friend's place drinking wine.
Not being used to this type of thing anymore, having almost completely blended in with the local wildlife over the years, it was a rather disconcerting experience.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:00 AM   #539
Apathy's_Child

Quote:

Condolences - it's always sad when the little guys go.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #540
strange_pleasure

just got back from the gas station and some asshole stormed inside the store, cut in line in front of everyone and threw his change and recipt on the register and started freaking out because the cashier shorted him $1.
damn dude if you are that broke you probably didn't need those cigarettes anyway FUCK I can't stand these pricks who think they have the right to yell at cahsiers/customer service people everyone makes mistakes
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #541
Duane

Fortunately, I reserve the right to kick people out permanently.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #542
strange_pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
Fortunately, I reserve the right to kick people out permanently.
do you work in customer sevice/retail?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #543
Duane

I'm a Cashier/Manager/Owner.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #544
strange_pleasure

Oh, okay, well maybe you should do what these people did...

I used to go to this little family run burger joint and they had a homemade sign that said "we appreciate your business, we don't appreciate your attitude" LMAO suprisingly, they were always busy and very friendly!
Old 05-17-2009, 01:27 AM   #545
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Worst part is some of these people consider themselves to be nice.
I'm upfront in my douche baggery.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #546
honeythorn

I saw a job online on Friday. Recently added, and with an agency I've not used before . It was past 6pm so I couldn't call up about it because there wouldn't have been anyone in the office at that time. So I called this morning and asked for the woman the ad told me to ask for. I was told she was out could I call back at midday. Fine no problem say's I. So I call back at midday. I was told she's in a meeting with one of the directors and she would call me back......OK . I'm getting slightly annoyed at this point.

The guy took some details about my experience for that job ( I have PLENTY) .

That was at around 12.30.... It is now 4.20. I have just called because SHE DID NOT CALL ME BACK. The bint who answered the phone ( who did not identify herself as the woman who was meant to call me so I am assuming some sort of receptionist ) told me....had the bastard gall to sit there and tell me THE JOB HAD BEEN TAKEN. >

HOW FUCKING RUDE of that bitch not to have the common fucking courtesy and decency, to call me back AS SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO and tell me herself . How long does it take? 5 MINUTES MAXIMUM .

I understand they are busy people in agencies, I get that
, but 2-5 minutes on the phone is all it would have taken to quickly explain that the post was no longer available. That would NOT have disrupted anything or caused the world to cease existing. > > >

I AM SERIOUSLY INCENSED BY THIS LACK OF FUCKING COURTESY

I have to stop. I'm getting upset sorry.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #547
Delkaetre

Today
- I questioned one of my superiors, leading to bad temper when I didn't get an answer, and a talking to.
- the photocopier broke, again
- thanks to the photocopier breaking, the seventy pages I was copying went everywhere. Since the client didn't bother to number them, I have no way of putting them back into order.
- That was just one of three documents, all of similar size, that need to be done by 11am tomorrow, by the way.
- I left my debit card at home and had to walk all the way home and back in the rain, with just enough time to buy lunch and get back to my desk within my lunch break
- The microwave at home is broken
- The cooker remains something I will not use. Vile thing.
- I have had to spend £15 on takeout because that's the minimum delivery, and everywhere would be closed by the time I walked there.

Thank god the pizza's good.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #548
Duane

It's not my fault the price for cigarettes went up...
Old 05-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #549
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
It's not my fault the price for cigarettes went up...
Yes it is.
Just like it's my fault that idiot bought the wrong size shirt.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #550
Duane

It's always the employee's fault, just like the customer is always right.