Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:37 AM   #1
Ben Lahnger

Bleach Fight Injures 19, Causes Walmart Store To Close

Bleach Fight Between Two Women Injures 19
Toxic Fumes Cause Baltimore Walmart Store To Close

Oct. 9, 2011
SOURCE

Quote:
A Saturday morning of shopping turned into an emergency hazmat situation at a Baltimore Walmart where two patrons threw bleach and disinfectant at one another, officials said.

Baltimore County Police responded to a call at about 10:48 a.m. Saturday and found two women fighting inside the store.

The bleach and disinfectant created toxic fumes, forcing the immediate evacuation of the entire Arbutus store, officials told ABC News affiliate ABC 2. It closed for several hours.

Fire, EMS and hazardous materials units were dispatched to the scene, as well as 10 medics.

Nineteen people reportedly received treatment, including three Walmart employees. One person was taken to the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital for treatment, officials said.

Three Walmart employees were being treated for respiratory problems, a Walmart spokeswoman told ABC News.

Police have arrested Theresa Monique Jefferson, 33, after she turned herself in to authorities, according to the Associated Press.

She has reportedly been charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault, theft under $100 and malicious destruction of property. She is being held on $350,000 bail.

The brawl was a result of an ongoing dispute between Jefferson and the victim because the victim's boyfriend is the father of Jefferson's child, according to the AP.

Police spokesman Shawn Vinson told the Washington Post that Jefferson initiated the attack when she followed the victim into the store.

For Walmart's part, "this is obviously not the type of behavior we would expect from people at our stores. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused to our customers," the spokeswoman said.

Walmart closed the store for several hours to clean and ventilate it.
DAMN!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Ugh such a stupid woman, such a horrible way to attack someone, one can only imagine which horrible dealthy fume was created from such a combination of chemicals.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
Grausamkeit

If it was ammonia and bleach(two common house hold cleaners), it was probably chloramine. Bad shit. Apparently some people are too stupid to realize how dangerous bleach fights can be.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Mr.Doobie

Am I the only one vaguely reminded of the gasoline-fight scene in Zoolander?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Every Wal-Mart and supermarket contains potentially fatal weapons, but what makes them dangerous are the humans.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #6
Grausamkeit

I've never seen Zoolander. I consider myself fortunate.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
If it was ammonia and bleach(two common house hold cleaners), it was probably chloramine. Bad shit. Apparently some people are too stupid to realize how dangerous bleach fights can be.
Yep I know, have I ever mentioned the time this summer when I forgot about bleach containing chlorine and mixed bleach and ammonia together? I had to set up fans blowing out of the small basement window, and seal off the basement door and all vents in the house, as well as open all the windows. On the bright side, they did an amazing job of getting my t-shirts whiter.

But still its quite likely she threw more than just bleach and ammonia, so think of all the stuff in things like drain cleaner for example.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 10-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
I've never seen Zoolander. I consider myself fortunate.
You should.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
areseanL

StupidS...
areseanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #10
Miss Absynthe

Everybody knows that if you are going to attack someone with bleach you do it with a syringe. That way there is no collateral damage.

Sheesh.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:04 AM   #11
Versus

Because being hit with a syringe isn't bad enough?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
Grausamkeit

They would barely feel the syringe, unless the person wielding it just plain sucks. But then, I've been attacked by nurses who couldn't wield a needle to save their lives and that was on an unmoving target...

Old 11-23-2011, 04:02 AM   #13
khdus4

Bleach Fight Injures 19, Causes Walmart Store

Its really a good article. This site is so helpful. I want to know some other information about this post. So please give some other information about this side.

led lights home
khdus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #14
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
They would barely feel the syringe, unless the person wielding it just plain sucks. But then, I've been attacked by nurses who couldn't wield a needle to save their lives and that was on an unmoving target...

That's because when the patient is reeeeeeeeeally annoying we blunt the tip of the needle by banging it on a table a few times.

No... no, we nurses would never ever do anything as sadistic as that. We would just get the doctor to write you up for an enema.

No... no, we wouldn't. We would never do anything evil like that. We would just put laxatives in your pudding cup.

No... never ever would a nurse do anything like that. We would just swap your morphine with saline.

No... we would never... well, you get the idea.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #15
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by khdus4 View Post
Its really a good article. This site is so helpful. I want to know some other information about this post. So please give some other information about this side.

led lights home
I'm totally pissed that this troll isn't advertising bathroom cleaners.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #16
Grausamkeit

If they did that it would be semi-on topic and less troll-like.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #17
CornSnake

My mother used to work at a walmart so this article doesn't surprise me one bit. It amazes me what kind of stupid people that store attracts. I remember this one time there was this lady who came in the store in nothing but a bathing suit and a bath robe. She had knocked down nearly every jar of pickles and forcefully fell down on top of shards of broken glass and pickle juice. She of course being a backwater lazy hick, tried to sue the store for her injury. Come to find out she had done the same exact thing in several Walmarts across the country.
CornSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #18
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Every Wal-Mart and supermarket contains potentially fatal weapons, but what makes them dangerous are the humans.
This is why I do my best not to step foot in Walmart. It seems to attract the most, erm, interesting characters of america's underbelly.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #19
Morpheus13

America's underbelly. That's such a nice way of putting it.
Morpheus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #20
Mitzuki_Haruko

A bleach fight? Really? ugh, people these days.
Mitzuki_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:28 AM   #21
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne View Post
This is why I do my best not to step foot in Walmart. It seems to attract the most, erm, interesting characters of america's underbelly.
I find that people of all wealth classes can go crazy, while yes many times being crazy can limit a person's wealth potential, sometimes you have to be crazy to be rich. I can only imagine how many heartless sociopaths there are on wall street or even in congress.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #22
Miss Absynthe

No, no... when these people are rich, they aren't crazy - they are eccentric.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #23
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I find that people of all wealth classes can go crazy, while yes many times being crazy can limit a person's wealth potential, sometimes you have to be crazy to be rich. I can only imagine how many heartless sociopaths there are on wall street or even in congress.
I definitely agree that craziness is not limited by socio-economic status, but somehow the Walmarts I have been in seem to attract an extremely high concentration of odd individuals and occasionally distasteful behavior.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #24
Purepsycho

I like the bit at the end from Walmart: 'We apologise for any inconvenience this caused our customers' Slight understatement much???
Its not like it was a till failure
Purepsycho is offline   Reply With Quote