Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #551
Alarica

I want to slap your mother. She clearly didn't raise you to have any self respect.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:55 AM   #552
Nightgaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Durdurdur.
Nightgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #553
Solumina

Good lord that is terrifying
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #554
Catch

The video is done!!!!

http://catchgothstyle.blogspot.com/2...your-look.html

Wow. It was tough but a semi goth video is complete with blog to explain the premiss so all of you can look better and take over a smal town in the Midwest.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #555
CrimsonPythonidae

That video goes for far too long. I can't help but wonder why you keep doing that to yourself.
The dodgy spread-leg pose on the chair was no good but it did make me laugh, so you have created something positive with that today . . Comedy Gold!
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #556
Needlefeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch's video
I have long legs and an hourglass figure. Therefore, draw attention to the legs and fit clothing around the waist.
Dear God! Anything to draw attention away from the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonPythonidae View Post
That video goes for far too long. I can't help but wonder why you keep doing that to yourself.
The dodgy spread-leg pose on the chair was no good but it did make me laugh, so you have created something positive with that today . . Comedy Gold!
I second that.
The spread-leg pose was hilarious.
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #557
Catch

Thank you. I try.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #558
crucifix

What is the point of this thread, telling people how to dress? Isn't that one of the 'perks' of being goth that you can wear basically what you want in your own way? Take me and my friends, we all are goth, but the three of us that hang out the most look completely different. I tend to look formal inspired, my best friend is very "classic" goth, and my other friend is very cyber goth. It is bull shit, catch, to say that you are tired of people not knowing how to dress themselves. We do know "how to dress ourselves," however damn well we please. And the hair, dammit. There is no such thing as goth hair. Take my hair for example. Over the past two years I have had every damn variation of the bob known to man. Inverted, square, rounded, and even layered. Why? Because I like the bob, and it works with my personal clothing choices. So, yes, catch, we can dress ourselves, you on the otherhand have no point in telling us how to in any way shape or form. Alright, rant is over
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #559
crucifix

and another thing that bothers me is that so many people are concerned about what looks 'goth' (note the quotation marks) when they are dressing. In my opinion, there is no such thing as goth clothing. I find that when people wear what they want and are confident and happy in it that is much more better than trying to look uber super immensely goth. Now, am I saying that running around decked out in hollister and abercrombie is goth if you are confortable in it? Oh hell no. Take my favorite outfit for example. Black skinny pants, black shoes, black button down and my vest. Yes, head to toe black. Yes, people think I am a little intense with the black when I dress and I get the whole you-look-like-a-future-mortician comment alot (which actually makes me happy). Is is stereotypically 'goth' so to speak? No, but it is what I like. This is the subculture based on music, originally, and a lifestyle, that I assimilate to. But I also still wear what I want. Now, catch, this is what is bothering me quite a bit about you. You want to wear what you want? Correct? So do it, dammit, and own it. But like I said before, don't even for a second tell other people how to dress. That is not ok. Someone asking an opinion and advice is one thing, but the first post of this thread really pissed me off: ' I am so tired of people not knowing how to dress themselves.' No, catch, you are tired of people not dressing like you. Get the hell over it. Now. End of discussion.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #560
honeythorn

It's people like Catch that make me even more ashamed to be the size I am. We are of a similar size and shape and frankly these videos get more and more horrifying.

I wouldn't leave the house on a day off looking like that.

It's like a train wreck, I have to keep looking and reminding myself that stuff this vile looking actually exists.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #561
Catch

If anyone took the time to read the associated blog, it has tips for all body shapes and sizes. This is a basic idea of putting together outfits to enhance a person's natural appearance not tell them what style they should wear.

It is amazing how few pick up on that. I like more old fashioned, retro or industrial kind of stuff. Maybe one day I'll get out the old black light. Anyway, everyone is different. Read the tips on making different better.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #562
honeythorn

I don't need your fucking tips moron. I know how to dress myself in unusual clothing without looking like a total cock.

Quote:
It is amazing how few pick up on that
Fear not, you are one of these exalted few.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #563
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I don't need your fucking tips moron. I know how to dress myself in unusual clothing without looking like a total cock.

Fear not, you are one of these exalted few.
I disagree. BTW, I'm kind of chubby, yet still have a musclar, fit build. So I'm not stick thin, but not even near as fat as you.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #564
Xombie

Quote:
I disagree. BTW, I'm kind of chubby, yet still have a musclar, fit build. So I'm not stick thin, but not even near as fat as you.
It doesn't even matter what kind of build you have. As long as you kept the same taste in fashion, you would look like an obnoxious, clueless dolt no matter how thin you were.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #565
Lady Christine

Quote:
You're just pissed Honey is hotter then you could ever dream to be.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #566
Alarica

Quote:
You really are fucking deluded. You sure as hell do not have a muscular, fit anything. But then again you could look like a supermodel and you would still be ugly. Nothing about you is attractive. You are insulting a diverse subculture's dress sense, and claiming you look better. You just look like a fat cunt trying to look thin. You have no style or dress sense and look like your mum dresses you. Your hair is nothing to write home about and sure as hell doesnt sit you in a position to comment on others, and your ideas on makeup are beyond a joke. You are clearly in need of mental help and should seek it.

Honeythorn on the other hand, I personally think is stunning. She clearly cares about the way she looks, takes the time to do her makeup well and her hair.

I'm fat and sick and yet even on my worst days when I dont have the strength to even get dressed, I don't even feel as bad as you look, but then I'm a realist. I admit my many, many flaws.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Old 07-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #567
honeythorn

Quote:
Oh gosh how will I ever survive this terrible emotional blow?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #568
Catch

Well good. I guess you guys are fully in control of giving people ideas on how to dress, like throw flour on your face. Yep, I've only witinessed potentially the worst advice ever on this forum. However, there are a whole bunch of you, to that's all better.

Not to mention in most redundant threads the advice was the same. It is kind of nice seeing other question. Not anything particular cool, but at least not the same question over and over and over again.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #569
Lady Christine

Quote:
Well good. I guess you guys are fully in control of giving people ideas on how to dress, like throw flour on your face. Yep, I've only witinessed potentially the worst advice ever on this forum. However, there are a whole bunch of you, to that's all better.

Not to mention in most redundant threads the advice was the same. It is kind of nice seeing other question. Not anything particular cool, but at least not the same question over and over and over again.
Shut up. Really. Just Shut up.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #570
Alarica

Quote:

Oh fuck off Catch. Instead of devoting time and energy into being a turd, buy a dictionary and learn how to use it. It's good to see you're finally getting annoyed though and just rattling off responses. It shows you are actually reading posts and taking the contents of them into your tiny, damaged little brain.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #571
honeythorn

Quote:
Well good. I guess you guys are fully in control of giving people ideas on how to dress, like throw flour on your face.
No one has suggested this.

Quote:
NO ONE has asked you for fashion advice and been serious about it Catch. NO ONE.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #572
Catch

Okay, so the "Catch Goth Style" thread is re-born for another day.

Covering the topic of hair dye, came up with this article and video "Dye Goth" to explain several tips on the topic:

http://catchgothstyle.blogspot.com/2.../dye-goth.html
Old 09-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #573
viscus

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #574
OnyxBat

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Oh gosh how will I ever survive this terrible emotional blow?
I don't know how you look like honey but your personality it much more prettier and fuller than hers. Just remember there are large ignorant women and then there are large smart women.
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #575
Catch

Sure. I feel fairly good today, so whatever. Yes, it is two plots combined through one pun.