Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #7626
Solumina

Last night I managed to trip and fall a bit down the stairs, thankfully I caught myself before I fell far but not before my knees and shins hit hard, now I have terribly swollen bruises that seem to have developed a talent for bumping into anything and everything, which is super awesome as we still have boxes of stuff to unpack so I have to navigate around those.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #7627
Mir

You could always use the situation as motivation for hurrying up with the unpacking/stowing away boxes process. You can even use your shins/knees as an excuse for getting your partner to do most of the work! ;o)
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #7628
honeythorn

Titus Died Monday morning ( rabbit ) I gave him some fresh water he looked fine ( well as fine as he could since he's been hill but he was back on his feet at least ) and ten mintues later I went up to get something from the spare room, and he was dead. He was 12. I thought he was 9 but he belonged to my cousin before I took him on ( her freakish child was scared of a very docile hand reared rabbit) And she confirmed he is/was in fact 12 years old.

Apparantly that's unusual for a rabbit. I wasn't aware it was. My last rabbit was about 13 when she died, and my nan had one that was 15 when it finally went. Scraggly nervous black thing , I remember it.

Feel empty. I don't think I'll ever have another rabbit again.

RIP little brother .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #7629
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
You get brownie points for this.
I don't typically have anything to bitch about.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #7630
Solumina

I know Jake is really stressed about dchool and life in the navy but he is starting to get really clingy.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #7631
Class-Punk

Ice cream melted.

INB4 First world problems.
Class-Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:39 AM   #7632
Fruitbat

i'd live in middle ages, so i wouldn't have to put up with tosses on the internet who get all big headed that their opinions are better than others.

But then I've never been a pack rat.

My shift key isn't working... hmmm.. must be more cat hair.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:26 AM   #7633
Mir

OH NO YOU DIDN'T.... :waggles a finger at you and frowns:

:grins:
Old 07-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #7634
Jaye Jang

Had what started out to be a good shift last night, then it all went downhill. By the time I got back from "lunch" at around 4:30 a.m., it was still going downhill and did not get any better. Wound up in one of those Catch-22, DIYD/DIYD situations. The only thing that will take this from the Rant thread to the "Made My Day" thread, if is I don't get one of those IMON (In My Office Now) e-mails from the boss. *sigh*
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #7635
ape descendant

Argh, neighbor kids have been driving me nuts. I forgot just how shitty and cruel children can be to each other. :'( Which would break my heart if they didn't take turns bullying and ostracizing each other. The sad thing is that they're not even that old 4, 5, and 6 I think. It would be easier to ignore if they were quieter and didn't mess up my garden.

Ah well, I've taken to talking to them about being mean, throwing tantrums and not messing with my poor little plants. I'm sure if their absentee mothers have a problem with it they can come talk to me, and be told to keep their little monsters out of my yard or deal with it.

At least every day can be a reminder as to why I've chosen not to reproduce.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #7636
Fruitbat

But Ape darling, the poor little blighters are just expressing themselves (or that's the excuse the parent's use)... or my other favourite one is they are just exploring their world, just like I'm exploring my world when I launch a size 10 boot right up the parent's behind.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 AM   #7637
AshleyO

...I'm about to lose a buddy over racism.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #7638
Solumina

That's really unfortunate.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #7639
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
But Ape darling, the poor little blighters are just expressing themselves (or that's the excuse the parent's use)... or my other favourite one is they are just exploring their world, just like I'm exploring my world when I launch a size 10 boot right up the parent's behind.
I'm pretty sure its just the parents giving zero fucks about their offspring. I'm sure things will quiet down significantly after school starts, I don't think I've ever been so excited about school starting before.

And gawd, batty, they're so nosey. Always "whatcha doin'?" or "why are you wearing that shirt?" or "where's your cat?". I would love if they actually asked cool questions like "what are stars" or "why is the sky blue?" But no its always stupid shit, a constant reminder of all the kids I didn't like in elementary school.

I do have a strategy, I'm just going to talk to them about whatever irritating behavior they've got going on at the time when its irritating me. I decided this the other day, it will do one of two things, they will eventually listen or they'll get tired of having a lecture every time they misbehave and they'll quit bugging me. Total win-win.

If my plan doesn't work, perhaps I'll have to get a cane to shake at them whilst chanting "Geeeeeet ooof mer laaawn, damned hooligans" increasing volume each time it is repeated.

Be Kind
Old 07-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #7640
Mir

ha, I love the phrase "giving zero fucks about ....". Always makes me laugh.

If the cane thing doesn't work, invest in some guins. Couldn't help but notice your location information... <.< >.>
Old 07-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #7641
ape descendant

People do tend to frown upon those who point guns at children, even in CO.

Be Kind
Old 07-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #7642
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
I'm pretty sure its just the parents giving zero fucks about their offspring. I'm sure things will quiet down significantly after school starts, I don't think I've ever been so excited about school starting before.

And gawd, batty, they're so nosey. Always "whatcha doin'?" or "why are you wearing that shirt?" or "where's your cat?". I would love if they actually asked cool questions like "what are stars" or "why is the sky blue?" But no its always stupid shit, a constant reminder of all the kids I didn't like in elementary school.

I do have a strategy, I'm just going to talk to them about whatever irritating behavior they've got going on at the time when its irritating me. I decided this the other day, it will do one of two things, they will eventually listen or they'll get tired of having a lecture every time they misbehave and they'll quit bugging me. Total win-win.

If my plan doesn't work, perhaps I'll have to get a cane to shake at them whilst chanting "Geeeeeet ooof mer laaawn, damned hooligans" increasing volume each time it is repeated.
Oh Ape, I fall more in love with you every day!

I found a way to stop babybat's constant Why questions. We pulled up at a red light and he said "Why we stopping mummy?" so I went on about how it's in the road rules that we must stop at a red light and blarbed on for the entire time we were stopped and he was either dumbfounded or totally bored!

So lectures do work. When they ask about the shirt, you shoudl give them a free lecture on fabrics, sewing and the reasons why you chose that colour.

MIR to answer your question about ducky.... No I haven't seen him around for a long time. You see he and I had a torrid love affair, until i found out he was infact a swan and he discovered I was a flying fox. Apparently he has a thing against flying foxes and regardless of how many times I pleaded with him to love me for who I am, he refused, and migrated East for the summer (because he's pretty bad with directions)....

This story is much more interesting than the truth... I think he got banned (again) or bored.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #7643
Angelic Dissonance2

I did my ranting on Facebook.

It was about the Chick-Fil-A issue--not that the owner is against gay marriage, but that people are taking sides. Like, "Oooo, Look what I'VE got--a Chick-Fil-A sandwitch! I support free speeEEEEeeccccchhh!"

Dipshits.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #7644
Solumina

I really don't get how people morphed that into a free speech issue.

There is no dishwasher in our apartment, pretty much no apartments here have them, so I have to hand wash everything, which is slightly annoying but whatever. The bigger problem is that I haven't found my gloves so this means my hands spend a lot of time in hot, soapy water and they are getting really dried out, no amount of moisturizing seems to help.

Also I seem to have fucked up my thumb again and it really, really hurts.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #7645
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I really don't get how people morphed that into a free speech issue.

There is no dishwasher in our apartment, pretty much no apartments here have them, so I have to hand wash everything, which is slightly annoying but whatever. The bigger problem is that I haven't found my gloves so this means my hands spend a lot of time in hot, soapy water and they are getting really dried out, no amount of moisturizing seems to help.

Also I seem to have fucked up my thumb again and it really, really hurts.
You're still awesome. And thank you.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #7646
Solumina

Not sure what for but you're welcome.

Also good to know that I'm still awesome even with scaly hands and a gimpy thumb.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #7647
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Stop sucking at life? That's harsh, Solumina! Harsh!

Verbane: This is not a gothic.net thing. If you're looking for acceptance or etc, Internets is completely the wrong place for you to be! Just say whatever the hell you feel like saying, and accept that people will respond to it whichever way they see fit. Don't get all upset about it!

Ahhh! It's like slipping on a comfortable, well worn pair of running shoes. You slip them on, and you're back running!

Do Ducky and Molly Mac still come around?
I miss Molly! I had her on myspace for the longest time, then I forgot I had an account. My guess is that she's riding moose up in Canada and still doing her 'catch & release(catching local strays and having them spayed/neutered, then releasing them)' program and doing her bellydancing/highland fling under the full moon. She was a hell of a writer.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #7648
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
...I'm about to lose a buddy over racism.
That really sucks.

I know someone who thinks that just because they slept with a black guy once nothing they say is racist...I can't even fathom that kind of logic. Sleeping with someone of another race isn't a free pass to get away with saying racist shit.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #7649
Mir

The idea of the phrase 'another race' bothers me for some reason, and it always makes me think of races in RPG games i.e. elves, dwarves, gnomes, etc.

No, I don't play games. Biggest waste of time ever.

Moving on, being non-white, if a girl rom 'another race' slept with me, I'd be totally okay with her saying whatever the hell she wanted afterwards. :laughs and shrugs:
Old 08-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #7650
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I miss Molly! .... . She was a hell of a writer.
She was one helluva woman!

I deleted my MySpace account ages ago, and coupled with the fact that I do not have a facebook account either, I just lost all contact with lots of really awesome peeps from here and elsewhere.