Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
crucifix

I am quitting smoking

I have tried that patches, the gum and all that shit. I am going cold turkey. Excuse my bitchiness in advance.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
AWESOME! Cold turkey is how I quit. If you make it ten days you are home free!
Chewing gum helps, ice tea, anything but a cigarette. Remember the money you will save, think of your lungs healing and becoming pink again.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:59 AM   #3
jack_the_knife

I quit smoking, mostly because of health issues, partly because of finance. But now my voice has changed, and I preferred it the way it was before. The way I quit was just not even considering a cigarette as an option. I didn't think gum helped at all. I've never tried patches. I don't regret quitting smoking but I regret losing the voice I wanted.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #4
Elysiume

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
I quit smoking, mostly because of health issues, partly because of finance. But now my voice has changed, and I preferred it the way it was before. The way I quit was just not even considering a cigarette as an option. I didn't think gum helped at all. I've never tried patches. I don't regret quitting smoking but I regret losing the voice I wanted.
Like I said, just let a few sick people cough on you, and soon your voice will be all husky and sexy again!

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
SKULHEDFACE

I quit smoking cigarettes about 9 months ago along with my girlfriend and have to say that we are both better off for it. For me it was entirely mental and as soon as I was positive that I wanted to quit.. it was done, and I never picked up another cigarette again. In my case smoking was to cope with stress or stressful situations, it may be different for you, but make sure you are prepared to deny yourself that craving when a situation arises when you would typically pull out a cigarette and start puffing away. I wish you the best of luck.
SKULHEDFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix
I have tried that patches, the gum and all that shit. I am going cold turkey. Excuse my bitchiness in advance.
Good for you! When it gets bad, go for a jog. Better yet, play a computer game with loads of guns, zombies, and gore!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #7
MollyMac

^Sez the guy that wants to try pot^

Got for it- but a word of advice- have a game plan ready. Have a distracting hobby, especially for times when you would notmally smoke- breaks, after meals, etc.

When my hubby quit, the only issue he had was the awkward feeling during those times when he would smoke. He missed that, not the actual cigarettes.

Hope it is as easy for yo uas it was for him. It was hard as hell, but he has been smoke free for seven years. Much success! Much luck!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
Steppenwolf

Hmmm last time It was from August until October . I started to sing again , to exercise (2-3 hours walking/day every single day!) and even to think better (you bet!)
Then I lost my job and started again ... Hahahaa (sad laugh)
You got a month of cold turkey (my case) , and has been said it's about 3 months before you can really call yourself free from it .
However , it's hard when you follow smokers with the eyes and start to gain weigh ... So here I am again , stinky and stupid ...
It's the worst drug EVER .
Old 11-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #9
AshtrayKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix
Apparently, nicotine replacement therapy is pretty much a scam. It does nothing but extend nicotine withdrawal symptoms past that critical 3 day hump.

Here's an excellent site if you need one:

http://whyquit.com/
AshtrayKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #10
Sanguine Mind

It's really hard, But keep it up!!!

When I quit, whenever I would get cravings I'd drink something. It didn't really soothe the cravings, but it would help take my mind off of them.
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:43 AM   #11
bleedingheart344

The economy is very good for us to smoke. Think about it, you buy some cloves, it's about 1.50 a pack here since no one buys them. Compare that to 3-4+ dollars a pack for regular ciggies. They practically sell themselves.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #12
Elysiume

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
The economy is very good for us to smoke. Think about it, you buy some cloves, it's about 1.50 a pack here since no one buys them. Compare that to 3-4+ dollars a pack for regular ciggies. They practically sell themselves.
Ok, this probably sounds kind of dumb, but what is the difference between cloves and regular cigarettes?

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
HellforgedX

Cloves have cloves in them. They taste like Christmas.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #14
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysiume
Ok, this probably sounds kind of dumb, but what is the difference between cloves and regular cigarettes?
I don't know about other people, but I think they tasted vaguely of mint. I never liked them much.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #15
Sanguine Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellforgedX
Cloves have cloves in them. They taste like Christmas.
LOL!! I've never really had a word to describe them until now!! So true.
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote