Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #26
Beneath the Shadows

The number of topics in the short period of time was quite annoying, but I see nothing wrong with the topics themselves. Besides, it's not like it takes a huge amount of effort to scroll down to find the topic you actually want to post in if it gets pushed down.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #27
Underwater Ophelia

...really, though?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #28
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekajo View Post
no.

QGirl is probably from Blueblood here to "liven things up" so that makes her untouchable. Unless you want to be banninated.
Bingo, you win the prize.

Based on your negative attitude, your abusing someone just because you feel they made the tragic mistake of trying to liven conversations up here, and your blog post justifying trollishness and such childish acting out here, it seems like you've got some kind of personal problem which is just going to bring others down.
DirtNap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #29
Man In Room 5

Has nobody else noticed that posts critical of Gnet's new actions are mysteriously missing and other posts are being reassigned to new threads? I mentioned it here;

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...&postcount=175

Considering that a couple other critical posts have also vanished since then and those which are already missing haven't been restored I suggest this is intentional.

Also, am I wrong or were posts moved to the Whining section which had originally appeared elsewhere? This thread ("Call the Whaaambulance, QGirl posted too much") and the "When asked to clean it up a little" thread both contain posts which were shifted out of the "Feedback on Community Functional Changes" thread. It seems that whenever you complain too much your posts get dumped into the Whining section.

Once this is posted I'll be taking a screen shot to prove it existed later.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #30
DirtNap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
It seems that whenever you complain too much your posts get dumped into the Whining section.
That was the whole point of creating the whining subforum.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #31
gothicusmaximus

Whoa, DirtNap, did you ban Tekajo? If so, I'm slightly confused. From my end, the case seems to be that he did absolutely nothing but disagree with you in a rather civil fashion. Can you possibly produce some justification for his removal from the boards?

MiR5, yes, the new policy appears to be that if anyone starts complaining within a thread on another board, the subsequent dialogue will be dumped in the Whining section.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #32
Man In Room 5

So you confess to that much. Now tell me where my missing posts are.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:31 AM   #33
DirtNap

Missing. Duh.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 AM   #34
Man In Room 5

Look, I already have an apadravya. I don't need another dickhead mod.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #35
jack_the_knife

I have missing posts too. I love your pathetic efforts to try and censor us. Male sex organ licker Male sex organ licker Male sex organ licker
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:29 AM   #36
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Great, just great, Gnet is becoming a giant circle jerk followed by a pat on the back for, because we need to be protected from anything remotely negative or controversial, all this being regulated by a mod who is blithely unaware of how shit a job he's doing.

*screenshots for proof of existence*

Also, criticism isn't anti-order, it's a review of your skills, you should use what people say to better your work. Just a handy hint.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:34 AM   #37
jack_the_knife

Oh wow, my avatar has been removed. Time to find someone else. Gee, thanks G.net : D
Old 03-19-2009, 04:40 AM   #38
jack_the_knife

I'll give rep points to the person that gets this one right. = D Isn't this fun?
Old 03-19-2009, 05:36 AM   #39
Tam Li Hua

I didn't read any of Qgirl's posts, simply because posting that much in such a short period of time just doesn't seem that legit.

Due to these and other problems, I wonder if I should take a break from Gnet until things are a little more sane around here.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #40
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Nap
Based on your negative attitude, your abusing someone just because you feel they made the tragic mistake of trying to liven conversations up here, .... it seems like you've got some kind of personal problem which is just going to bring others down.
The same thing could be said towards you about Banning Tek as you've already made a decent portion of the legitimate Gnet population (A.K.A. GothicusMaximus, Solumina, Underwater Ophelia, Jack_The_Knife etc etc) have their moods be brought down.

Seriously, by trying to "Prevent" harm to the boards you harm the general mood of posters, thus utterly ruining your logic about banning Tekajo.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #41
Delkaetre

Huh.
Came back because things finally seemed to be, well, picking up. We had fewer trolls, and the ones we did have were at least interesting.
Now there's been a big shiney restructure, we suddenly have mods with massive interference tendencies, people are going missing, and the bots are being protected from valid criticism by the members. Valid criticism, often phrased as a genuine request for clarification, is being shunted out to Whining where no one has to see it.
Hm.
Might fuck off again for a bit, maybe till Dirtnap vanishes or falls notably silent. I liked the trolls better. No guarantee I'll be gone, I do have car-crash curiosity, but boards with heavy intervention that ignore, mistreat or bitch at their longest standing active members aren't really my favourite place to lurk.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #42
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
we suddenly have mods with massive interference tendencies, people are going missing, and the bots are being protected from valid criticism by the members. Valid criticism, often phrased as a genuine request for clarification, is being shunted out to Whining where no one has to see it.
That's simply not true. No bots are being protected. Reasonable valid constructive criticism is being solicited and responded to. Although it is true that pointless complaining and unreasonably negative speculative accusations are not being responded to as positively. If you really liked the horribly abusive and disruptive trolls, then yes, you might enjoy yourself someplace else now though.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:49 AM   #43
jack_the_knife

I don't recall Tekajo and Mond being trolls. Just because you call something a dog, it isn't necessarily a dog.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:47 AM   #44
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife View Post
I don't recall Tekajo and Mond being trolls. Just because you call something a dog, it isn't necessarily a dog.
I my estimation, Mond was a troll. Other users seemed to think so and even Albert said it was hard to tell for sure if they were or were not a troll. In my estimation, Tekajo was not a troll.

It was probably inaccurate of me to associate Delkaetre's comment "I liked the trolls better" with the various people that have claimed they liked Albert or Duckman or whoever else was trolling the boards here, and my commentary should really have been directed at them, since that wasn't actually the sentiment I think Delkaetre was trying to communicate with their statement.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:42 AM   #45
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
In my estimation, Tekajo was not a troll, but we still banned him anyway.
That's great! I feel so warm and safe on these forums now!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:08 AM   #46
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
In my estimation, Tekajo was not a troll.
I think you'd have a hard time finding someone here that disliked Tekajo. Which combined with the lack of reason for banning him means it's hardly surprising that so many members feel threaten by the extra moderation now in place.

I can see that your posts are polite, but DirtNap's are not. They may not be offensive as such, but he is more hostile than Tek ever was. Perhaps he did something the rest of us are unaware of, though that seems unlikely based on DirtNap's accusations of negative attitude.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote