Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Verdog

Any tips on making tripp pants?

I'm considering making my own clothes.

One of the things, (pretty simple), that I want to do is be able to make tripp pants... but without the tripp.

It's kind of like mix normal pants (not jeans) with the designs and chains of tripp pants.

I mean the design on tripp pants are good, but it drives me crazy that all i can find is skinny jeans and big fucking clown pants :\...

Plus the fact that if I'm making these, I can make sure they're made durable, and won't fall apart in a few days, and make sure it won't cost me an outrageous amount of money.

Anyone have any ideas or tips on making this?

(I've never made clothes before, and it's a little... intimidating to think about it. xD)
Verdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Man In Room 5

Tips on making tripp pants?

I guess since I'm the 1st reply I get to be the 1st to state the obvious. Don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdog View Post
I can make sure they're made durable, and won't fall apart in a few days, and make sure it won't cost me an outrageous amount of money.
If your pants meet this criteria they certainly won't be tripps.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
Verdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
Tips on making tripp pants?

I guess since I'm the 1st reply I get to be the 1st to state the obvious. Don't.

If your pants meet this criteria they certainly won't be tripps.
Well I mean black pants with chains, drings, and that kind of design.

I could have just said it like that, but saying "tripp" kind of gives a better idea of what I'm going for... if you get what I'm saying.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
DRM

Okay, this is compicated so listen up carefully.

1st. Take a normal pair of pant (you can even use black if you would like).

2nd. Buy chains, drings, ect.

3rd. Attatch those to your pants.

4th. Enjoy your tackiness.

: D
Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Verdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
Okay, this is compicated so listen up carefully.

1st. Take a normal pair of pant (you can even use black if you would like).

2nd. Buy chains, drings, ect.

3rd. Attatch those to your pants.

4th. Enjoy your tackiness.

: D
I could be wrong, but I believe I sense a little hint of sarcasm. x,D

I was actually hoping someone could refer me to a website that shows how to sew, attach chains, and etc... but whatever... I kinda didn't know where to start.

I've actually found something a little different then what i was looking for, but good and cheap nevertheless, so i won't be needing to do the whole DIY thing.

Thanks anyway.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Malice In Wonderland

DRM's No.4 is right.

I never got how the whole bondage trousers thing worked with baggy jeans...

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #7
Pineapple_Juice

Funny cuz I was on Craftster and a man did the same thing except with a pair of blue jeans. I think it looked ridiculous, but it was exactly like Tripp pants.
Here's a tutorial on how to attach D-rings:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5912519_attach-ring-sewing.html
Old 03-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
Verdog

Ok everybody I've already found some pants that were cheap, better than tripps, and nothing like tripps.

I forgot to post that a few days ago.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Pineapple_Juice

Well that's stupid. You've just said you wanted to learn how to make them yourself and you went and bought some pants instead? I think Tripp pants are stupid but I would have had respect for you if you'd done them anyway. Now you just suck.

Why doesn't the world sew?!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
Verdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Well that's stupid. You've just said you wanted to learn how to make them yourself and you went and bought some pants instead? I think Tripp pants are stupid but I would have had respect for you if you'd done them anyway. Now you just suck.

Why doesn't the world sew?!
Well I both don't have the patience or time to do DIY clothes... and two, these pants were about 15 dollars, and I got them with a giftcard I got for christmas.

It doesn't make any sense to go out of my way to make some pants when I can buy them for better quality, better style, and overall better look for the exact same price as making them... especially when I bought them with a gift card I thought I'd never use.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #11
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
I'm considering making my own clothes.
if I'm making these, I can make sure they're made durable, and won't fall apart in a few days, and make sure it won't cost me an outrageous amount of money.
Quote:
Well I both don't have the patience or time to do DIY clothes.
It doesn't make any sense to go out of my way to make some pants when I can buy them for better quality, better style, and overall better look for the exact same price as making them
Do you have Multiple Personality Disorder or something?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:55 AM   #12
Verdog

Quote:
Do you have Multiple Personality Disorder or something?
No, I just found some durable, awesome looking pants that were outrageously and unexpectedly cheap.

Then you said I suck for not doing DIY pants, but these that I found cost the same as if I did DIY, and I bought them with a gift card, and I have no skill in DIY-ing. lol. xD
Old 03-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #13
Pineapple_Juice

You suck. suckysuckysuck
Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #14
Verdog

Quote:
You suck. suckysuckysuck
Awww, did I lose goth points for not wasting my time making something that I can buy for the exact same price as the materials?

I don't get you.

I think you're one of those "You have to go get shit at goodwill and have epic sewing skills if you're a real goth." kinda people.

Think of this logically.

Me buying:
Better style
15 dollars to make
Excellent durability

Me making DIY pants:
Shit style (I'm not experienced in making DIY)
15 dollars to make
Less than great durability

Logically, I made the better choice.

Oh, and I don't consider myself a goth.
Why?
Because why would I want to jump into a label that's not even defined, and is different to everyone? It's one of those words that can mean anything like "god" or "love".
It's like you take 3 people off the street and their definitions of "goth" will all be different.
Plus the whole goth thing seems like a religion to some people, which I find funny, but that's just one person's perspective.

You will probably ask, "Then why did you join a 'gothic' forum, if you don't like broad labels?"

That's simply because I'm into the dark side of things, I'm into dark music, clothes, etc. etc. etc.
I've been to many forums, and the only forums that have any resemblance to me or my interests are goth forums, so that's why I join them.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #15
Pineapple_Juice

What the fuck. Me telling you you're dumb because you bitched out on learning a new skill has fuck all to do with goth. What the hell are you babbling about? I was never going to ask you any of the questions you posed in your previous statement.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #16
Verdog

Quote:
What the fuck. Me telling you you're dumb because you bitched out on learning a new skill has fuck all to do with goth. What the hell are you babbling about? I was never going to ask you any of the questions you posed in your previous statement.
Who said that I bitched out on learning a new skill?

I'm still going to try to learn how to make DIY clothing.

I'm actually probably going to learn fairly soon how to maybe make a decent looking jacket, but I need to learn some basic shit first.

Ya know? Maybe find a semi-thick black jacket, cheap, and add some d rings, and maybe some straps or something. Idk.

I do, however, need to make sure that when I make my shit, it doesn't fall apart, because I remember once a long time ago I tried to sew something and it came unraveled later. -_-

But yeah, my point in all of this rambling is that I would love to learn how to make DIY clothes, and I plan to learn somehow... I just have to find some kind of basic tips and figure out how to do some basic things... like threading a needle or something, lol! I'll figure this shit out eventually.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #17
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdog View Post
You will probably ask, "Then why did you join a 'gothic' forum, if you don't like broad labels?"

That's simply because I'm into the dark side of things, I'm into dark music, clothes, etc. etc. etc.
So.... no one called you a goth, but you're adamant in that you're not a goth because you hate labels but you have no problem arbitrarily defining and completely misrepresenting what this site is because of its domain name?

Are you stupid or just hypocritical?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
Verdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
So.... no one called you a goth, but you're adamant in that you're not a goth because you hate labels but you have no problem arbitrarily defining and completely misrepresenting what this site is because of its domain name?

Are you stupid or just hypocritical?
Actually, the reasoning for me giving my opinion on the whole goth thing, is because I originally thought that Pineapple was insulting me because "real goths make DIY clothing." and I was making the point that I didn't care if real goths made DIY clothing, since I didn't consider myself a goth, and then I explained why I was on this website.
But over further conversation I've found out that she wasn't speaking in that manner, but actually insulting me because she thought I bitched out of a good skill.
Looking at it from her perspective, i can see how she could misinterpret my posts as such, just like I misinterpreted her posts as I did.

It was all misinterpretion and confusion as far as I know, so there's no need to jump in and add to it.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #19
KontanKarite

But for the most part... DIY IS better than buying something such as Tripp pants. Even if that DIY is as basic as drawing on your clothes with a sharpie.

Plust, DIY isn't exclusive to goth. DIY on any level is something that's very admirable amongst many in a counter culture scene.

Protip: If you suck at DIY and have no patience to learn it, make some friends that can do it and have them help you out. Having something that's even been at least a little DIY'd is more unique and interesting than something that came off an assembly line.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote