Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 12-01-2004, 11:43 PM   #51
Alain

The Sandman, of course! Books of Magic, Yami no Matsuei *glomps Muraki*, Hellsing, X/1999, and *hangs head in shame* Hagane no Renkinjutsushi and Ragnarok: Detective Loki.

Gah. Far too much manga. Need to go and read Fables and Y the last man like my good friend ordered me to.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:48 AM   #52
FenrisQueen

Alain, I would like to point out that you can never have too much manga. :oints to bookshelves alphabetized by series, chock-fullof manga goodness.::
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 08:30 PM   #53
winged_dreams

Yes, you can never have too much manga. I have my manga alphabetized by series too although I've run out of space. And I'm only allowed to have two book cases. *cries* It's so unfair. Just joking. I love books and manga so I have a tendecy to buy a whole lot of books and I'm slowly running out of space.

Anyways, some manga that I like are Chobits, Fake, Eerie Queerie, Hellsing, and Cowboy Bebop.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:00 AM   #54
FenrisQueen

::hugs winged::

Yay! you like fake! Have you read 7 yet? I had to hide that from my mom!I have 3 bookshelves, 2 1/2 are filled with manga. The rest are my wicca books and newtype magazines. I dont have a limit on bookshelves, but I'm out of room! My loft is really small, so I'll probably have to throw out some more furniture to fit in another bookshelf.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 12-31-2004, 08:30 AM   #55
vmprbitch666

comic

Jonny the Homicidal Maniac
vmprbitch666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 08:49 AM   #56
FenrisQueen

vampire, EVERYONE likes Johnny the homicidial maniac. Jhonen is a god among men. Women too.
I commend you on your taste.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:14 AM   #57
vmprbitch666

the Crow too.
Yes, I love Jhonen. Johnny makes me sad sometimes though...We're too much alike...
~Drusilla~
vmprbitch666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 09:29 AM   #58
winged_dreams

I haven't gotten the 7th one yet but I'm so eager to. I have to wait until I get paid again (poor college student) but then I'm so running out and buying it!!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 09:34 AM   #59
FenrisQueen

johnny is beautiful. I want a man or a woman just like him, to love, and hug and kill-I mean cuddle with. :oops:

Winged, you poor thing! NOt reading 7 yet::weeps:: Be careful, dont show it to minors::evil chibi super-deluxe grin!::
Old 02-10-2005, 04:35 PM   #60
psyche

Speaking of the DC/Vertigo world...

I chopped it up with Warren Ellis of Transmetropolitan infamy for a spell on New Years Eve at a fetish event here in da citaaay of SF.

What he was doing there, who knows, but if he was there for the reasons I was there... then I gotta say that he's a f-r-e-a-k. So getchafreakon!

It put a smile on me face... his girlfriend was midnightlazerbeamin' up and down my an-i-mal tribesman gear, but y'all didn't hear that from me. No you didn't! But what you did hear was...

I loooooves Transmetro!
"Focus your attention on the link between you and your death, without remorse or sadness or worrying. Let each of your acts be your last battle on earth. Only under those conditions will your acts have thier rightful power." ~Don Juan
psyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:18 PM   #61
SweetDarkThea

Sandman, *Death*, Kabuki, The Crow...
Death is my favorite though..
SweetDarkThea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:08 PM   #62
ThwanCondu

New school Daredevil comics by Brian Michael Bendis are the sex.
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:50 PM   #63
Trasaric

I like the Conan comics the best.
Trasaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:09 AM   #64
Epiphany

Sandman,JTHM & Squee
Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #65
Pathogen.

Re: What's Your Favourite Comic Book?

I no longer read nor collect comicbooks. Stopped doing that 4 years ago. But when I did read/collect comicbooks, these were my favourite titles: 1)Spawn, 2)Johnny The Homicidal Maniac, 3)The Crow, 4)Batman, 5)Daredevil, 6)Any based on Clive Barker's writings, 7)Razor, 8)Grimjack, 9)Heavy Metal Magazine. There's a host of others, but that's all I can think of right now
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:47 PM   #66
oje

there are a lot of great comics out there, like Faust or Satanika. but the ones i like the most are Lady Death(not the crossgen LD though) Evil Ernie, any other Brian Pulido title, except Belladonna. and of course Johnny. Just the other week, i've picked up a good one, called Elsinore, and Army of Darkness. i almost forgot X-Men: Age of Apocalypse
oje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:25 PM   #67
Pathogen.

Re: What's Your Favourite Comic Book?

I used to be a fan of Lady Death, Satanika & Faust myself. Back when I did collect/read comics, my nephew Taquan would sift through boxes of comics that I had & immediately took interest in my Lady Death comics. So, far as I know, since I've given him & his little brother Tarik my old comics before leaving southeastern Virginia for good 4 years ago, Taquan's a Lady Death fan, too. I've had no idea that CrossGen took on the Lady Death comicbook series. When did this happen, Oje?
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:24 PM   #68
Morbideus

I was big into comic books years ago, but haven't bought one for close to 15 years? My favorites were The Punisher, Wolverine (of course) Swamp Thing, The Watchmen, Miracleman. Pretty much anything by Alan Moore (is he still around?). HellBlazer was good too, I was irritated that they gave the Role of Constantine to Keanu...
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:29 PM   #69
ice

I don't remember what I had in my comic collection.. I had abuncha cool stuff though.
I read Preacher "Gone To Texas" or whatever it's called recently.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:24 PM   #70
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I stopped collecting for money issues abouta year ago.

But my favorites at the time were X-treme X-men (pre-re-emergenace of Kitty Pride (love her, but that story line was crap)), and Abadazad (why cross-gen, why?).

Recently I picked up The Big Fat Kill from Sin City, and that's pretty good, too. But I'm going through a thing with the visuals formt hat movie, so I guess it's to be expected.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:47 AM   #71
dreamydancer

Yes, I know a lot of people already said that The Sandman was one of their favorites, mine too. Johnny The Homicidal Maniac is pretty good too, and it's growing popularity shocks me. I haven't been through that many comics yet so I could change my mind.

They're actually worth blowing off about $20. But why must they cost so much?!! :cry: Oh yeah, hard work and money goes into printing them, putting the comic strips together, the writers need to be overpaid basards, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.( I mean no offense.) That's why I usually read comics at Borders and put them back on the shelves.
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #72
WolfMoon

Pathogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
I used to be a fan of Lady Death, Satanika &amp; Faust myself. Back when I did collect/read comics, my nephew Taquan would sift through boxes of comics that I had &amp; immediately took interest in my Lady Death comics. So, far as I know, since I've given him &amp; his little brother Tarik my old comics before leaving southeastern Virginia for good 4 years ago, Taquan's a Lady Death fan, too. I've had no idea that CrossGen took on the Lady Death comicbook series. When did this happen, Oje?
As near as I can tell after Steven Hughes(illustrator of Evil Ernie and Lady Death, one of the founding fathers of Chaos Comics) died in Feb. 2000 they had to find another illustrator. Lady Death was too popular a character to just not produce after Hughes kicked off. Although I quit reading the series really after his death, I can't stand the thought of seeing her drawn by anyone else. I fell in love with the way Hughes drew her and the storylines he helped create. It's just not the same........

*sniff*

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index..../longbox/2079/

Still miss your work, bud.

RIP
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 05:48 PM   #73
Deadhymn

Wolfmoon, do you recall how Hughes would sign his name inside of that yellow cross? I was looking at a recent Lady Death book (the property was picked up by AVATAR COMICS earlier this year with Pulido still writing), and the artist actually had the stones to sign his name inside of a yellow cross exactly the way hughes would have. he even had it down in the lower right hand corner of the page, just like Hughes.
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #74
edible_eye

Old 07-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #75
edible_eye