Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 10:14 PM   #1126
Manimal

1) Learn to spell
2) You are a cute chick at a comic shop... think about it.
3) You ARE too young to be hanging out with highschool boys - or older.
4) Familiarize yourself with Ladder Theory - it's silly but there's a lot of truth in it.
5) I spent a lot of money on comics back in the day. I wish I would have saved for a better car instead.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:21 PM   #1127
rockandrose

The following is taken from this website: http://www.laddertheory.com/

Sally: We are just going to be friends, OK?
Harry: Great, friends. It's the best thing...You realize, of course, that we can never be friends.
Sally: Why not?
Harry: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape, or form - is that men and women can't be friends, because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry: No, you don't.
Sally: Yes, I do.
Harry: No, you don't.
Sally: Yes, I do.
Harry: You only think you do.
Sally: You're saying I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all want to have sex with you.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: They do not.
Harry: Do too.
Sally: How do you know?
Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive.
Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail them, too.
Sally: What if they don't want to have sex with you?
Harry: Doesn't matter, because the sex thing is already out there, so the friendship is ultimately doomed, and that is the end of the story.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #1128
tekajo

Manimal has some excellent points. All five of them. Instead of taking offence i suggest taking heed.

i was going to say something intelligent, but then remembered that i'm supposed to be still in my self imposed exile.

Damn.

Still not back.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:31 PM   #1129
angel_dark_demon_bright

The guy probebly had an interest in you. But because of the age difference didnt want to tempt fate i guess, by pushing forward to be doing something that might get himself thrown in the slammer.

I had that kind of thing almost happen to a friend of mine. He was 18 and we went to a festival of sorts where he met my little sister's friend (both 13 btw) who was physically mature for her age. He made a move and didnt find out her age until i told him. Her mother found out and called the cops on us both. They were asking me where he lived, his phone number etc and threatened to arrest me if i didnt tell.

Most men want more than to be just friends. If a guy you've never met before starts talking to you its probebly because he wants something.

However, there do happen to be guys out there who are genuinely good people. They're just a little harder to find...
Old 11-20-2005, 11:56 PM   #1130
winged_dreams

*is lucky she has good male friends* Besides, even if they did or still want to have sex with me, they can't and it never interferes with our friendship.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 11-21-2005, 12:17 AM   #1131
rockandrose

ajspear, you are indeed only fourteen years old and still have a lot to learn in life. It's natural to be somewhat 'ignorant' of the opposite sex and to be at the stage where you are beginning to understand 'why boys are they way the are' and 'why they do the things they do'.

At this point in time, I think you are teen-curious!
Old 11-21-2005, 01:57 AM   #1132
edible_eye

it's exactly the rant we all thought it was going to be - except for maybe the comic shop slant. next time, put your rants in the ... anyone wanna guess what i'm gonna say?

the 'RANT' thread.

even if you had started to prattle on about guys only wanting to wear boxers and you were dead set on bringing back the ol' tighty-whities, it would still amount to a rant.

a rant is a rant is a rant - and yours isn't so new and unique it had to stand alone.

that said, you're in a precarious position in life, aj. 14 is only a couple of steps away from childhood and still a few steps away from adulthood. i'll let you in on a secret, especially as you're entering the later teen-age years - guys, even when they're interested in you as a friend will always have the sex thing in their head as well. read the small excerpt rose transcribed from 'when harry met sally'. it's accurate.

strip away the power to speak and you have animals without fur. and in the human species, the desire and drive to procreate is huge. be thankful he decided to clam his trap instead of pushing on. at least he had enough wherewithal to back off where he didn't belong.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:54 AM   #1133
edible_eye

i was thinking more along the line of 'merged' - after all, if others have anything to add, they should.. check back in a bit.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:54 PM   #1134
secretboy

Work is frustrating, to say the least. I have no writing career anymore, I work at my computer job nights, weekends, all the time. We're a startup with a good amount of money, and actually making money as opposed to just letting it all fly away like some companies I've been in.

Friday they laid people off. Today I'm sitting at my cubicle wondering why I'm here. What the hell am I doing here? What's the point of me being here?

Blah. At least it's not the tech support hell I was in last year at this time.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #1135
edible_eye

you never need to apologize to me, beautiful. and i'm sorry you're having a crabby day.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #1136
Scythan

Yesterday I decided to reformat my computer. All of my stuff would be burned onto 5 disks, and that was only after I put all 800 songs on my iPod.

After reformatting, I loaded iTunes on and plugged my iPod in. A window came up saying something like, "Would you like your iPod to be associated with the iTunes on this computer?" I of course said Yes. The Yes button was highlighted and it seemed innocuous enough.

The next thing I saw was a status bar saying, "Updating iPod".

So, I have no songs now; it wouldn't have been so bad if it had taken longer than two seconds to delete all my songs. I didn't even get to experience my songs being deleted. Bleh.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:01 PM   #1137
rockandrose

I hate Ipods and was going to buy one about two years ago. Luckily, I didn't.

The ipods are too commerically advertised and is simply an 'okay' myp3 player.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 PM   #1138
Demonista_Ravenesque

I hate the kids who turn up to school just to be a fuckin' nuisance.

HELLO!!! The school is a learning environment, not a dipshit ghetto....

For fuck's sake...

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 11-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #1139
urian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu

Oh and as far as I and many others are concerned, anyone this person tricked us into thinking was awful and did bad things, the slate is wiped clean. I am sorry for believing shit about you secondhand.

There's is nothing more violating than finding out that someone you put your trust into has, in fact, used you for money or food or a place to stay or countless other things. No. What's worse is finding out that the same person is still doing the same things to good people. It just pisses me off to no extent.

Al, we all make mistakes and we all have believed things about others that we've heard secondhand. We've all been guilty of that so consider it a "no foul, no fault" situation.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:46 PM   #1140
tenet_2012

I hate drunk girls, you know the type. All they do is talk about how drunk they are, fall over all the time and sleep with the first thing they meet that has a dick.

I also hate drunk jocks. All they do is be annoyingly loud and break shit. Fucking stupid people.

--Geisha
Old 11-22-2005, 10:29 PM   #1141
Moros-doom@hotmail.com

Can anyone help me I am computer stupid and when I registered I accidentally left the@hotmail at the end of my name I cant remove it open for suggestions?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:33 PM   #1142
rockandrose

Unfortunately, you are stuck with the nickname you registered with, unless you would like to abandon this current account and re-register in another name.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:44 PM   #1143
Moros-doom@hotmail.com

Thats what I thought But I cant change names so I guess i am stuck
Old 11-22-2005, 10:47 PM   #1144
rockandrose

If the nickname is no big deal and you know that in time you will get over it, then just let it be.

I'm judging you by the nickname you hold.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:56 PM   #1145
Moros-doom@hotmail.com

Well the nickname is not that big of a deal so I will fix it but what do you mean your going to judge me by my nickname shouldnt you at least find out if i am intelligant or if I am stupid at least thats worth judging me over.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:03 PM   #1146
rockandrose

I meant to say "I'm not judging".

I apologise for the error.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:08 PM   #1147
Moros-doom@hotmail.com

I know I was just bored and it seemed like a good topic to talk about how can any of us judge another person

I know you weren't judging me so theres no reason to apologize
Old 11-22-2005, 11:12 PM   #1148
rockandrose

So, you like drawing?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #1149
Moros-doom@hotmail.com

Oh ya I cant say that Im great or anything but I have a little talent I really like to use black ink
Old 11-22-2005, 11:17 PM   #1150
rockandrose

calligraphy?