Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #5376
Versus

I have maybe a dozen space book friends, and even that's a bit much for me. I really don't care to talk to some of them anymore, but it's useful if I need to get a hold of someone.

Why do people not answer their phone, but reply within the hour to space book?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #5377
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I have maybe a dozen space book friends, and even that's a bit much for me. I really don't care to talk to some of them anymore, but it's useful if I need to get a hold of someone.

Because having a ton of friends and responding quickly on facebook makes them feel important - well those that need to feel important.

Oh hang on I have to go check farcebook.

Back to the thread topic, I'm so darn angry today, even getting on the treadmill and almost getting flung off it due to speed didn't temper my mood.

Control. That's what I need more of. Control. Willpower. Determination. And a bloody big water cannon mounted on the front of my car so I can blast the crap out of the morons in the world

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #5378
The Divine Ms. M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
That's one kind of luck. You would have been luckier if he was just a streaker or some other kind of foolishness.

I'm glad that you were just a little shook up and recovered.
Lol, too true...thanks Ben!

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #5379
Saya

Quote:

Its my preferred means of communication, I only have a prepaid cell phone right now.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #5380
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Oh hang on I have to go check farcebook.
I really doubt that you have facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Its my preferred means of communication, I only have a prepaid cell phone right now.
At least it keeps you from texting nonstop. I swear that's the most impersonal way to communicate with people... it's a shame it's so convenient, sometimes.

But yeah. I make fun of people who text all the time by pretending to be their monologue out loud.

"Dear Boo,

Established outer cordon of target building. Air weapons team moving off station. Please update my facebook status."

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #5381
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Because people care they send me messages on facebook like this:

Look, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not attacking you when I write this, I'm just outlining what I've seen and why it worries me.

Thing is, when your posts aren't about nothing in particular they're often profoundly introspective. Whilst a little introspection can be a good thing, yours have this obsession over "what am I feeling/repressing/failing to repress". There's this cyclical nature to them - you begin by absolutely believing everything you feel; then you reject them and try to distance yourself from your emotions; and finally you return to the overpowering feelings, normally via some artistic non-statement of fire/ice/burning/etc. It seems that you have a real issue with what you feel, whether that be from an inherent belief that what you feel is invalid or the most essential piece, but it's not stable and (fluctuaioning views on emotions) is normally a symptom of menatl helath problems.

This brings me to the dream you had. I know it was a while ago, and I do have to plead guilty to cowardice for not continuing the discussion on it when I started it. You see, it kind of perturbed me. I've looked quite a bit into dream analysis, and Jungian archetypes. Your dream kind of sent a pretty clear message, especially when you then told me that you have a christianity/paginism semi-debatish thing happening.
Your dream basically said that:
The quest of the pagan ritual to raise the old/sleeping god (archetype that normally equates to latent skills/familial talents) was actually being subverted by the Devil/Demon (the negative aspects of yourself) to bring it out as the dominant figure in your psyche. When the trappings of Christianity were emplyed, they were powerless to halt the demon's progress (Three guesses what that means). The demon went on to destroy the world (the World is the self. This doesn't mean you keel over dead, it means that psychologically, socially, emotionally you become more untable, until either all that was this Matthew is gone in favour of a destrucitve ego (abusive of ones's self, or others. Drugs or violence are the most common).).

Basically, I'm worried about you. From what you've said about your father (sorry for the punk move on asking)It doesn't sound as though you had a great start, especially when it comes to the animus.

I'm not saying "You're bat-shit crazy! get thee to a shrink!". Firstly, you aren't. Secondly, most psychs suck (humanism and CBT aren't much help when it's clearly a conflict within the psyche), and secondly they're tres expensive. I'm just voicing concern, in case you hadn't noticed this about yourself.

Yeah...

Fuck way to make me feel like I'm not coping that well anymore. Most of the emotional shit is true, but I have my reasons for repressing some feelings, if I engaged them along with the backlog of stuff I had to repress to survive in highschool I wouldn't be able to live life I would implode. That's a big admission from me, because i hate appearing to be weak or destructible...

Fuuuuuck.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #5382
Saya

1. Dream interpretation is bunk. BUNK. Jung is good to study for retrospect.

2. Using facebook as a means for some type of intervention is a douche move.

3. Most people's facebook statuses are introspective. If you don't like it, hide it! Don't psychoanalyze when you're clearly not qualified.

4. Fuck this guy/girl? in the ear.

5. I they're projecting.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #5383
Sir Canvas Corpsey

In highschool every alternative kid wants to be 'crazy' so why people exile them can be explained in their mind, then comes the time in life when you feel like you are actually going crazy and you wonder why you ever wanted this.

I digress, you're probably right Saya, still, it's messages like these that throw life off kilter the moment you feel like it's stable. There's always a grain of truth as well, and the truth is I don't deal with emotion well and sometimes I barely know who I am but then... finding grains of truth which disturb us happen everyday in every aspect of life, we just ignore them mostly. Ugh. Maybe if I repress the angst from this situation I'll feel better, oh fuck, perpetuation suckz ballz.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #5384
Saya

I know what you mean, I have an anxiety disorder and it really gets me down when thats all people comment on, especially when I'm feeling really good about where I am now.

There may be a grain of truth, but complaining that you're too introspective and then trying to psychoanalyze you and then discourage counselling is incredibly dickish. We all need to reflect on ourselves sometimes but trying to psychoanalyze yourself can be incredibly poisonous. I felt so much better when I stopped doing that, it was like picking a wound over and over and not letting it heal. Counselors are great for when you need an unbiased, objective opinion on what you're feeling, and they help sort it all out.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #5385
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I see my College Chaplain every now and then and she runs Non-Christian sessions with me which is great.

I feel like going outside soon and communing with the forces. Sometimes it's great to just feel the wind on you and let your mind's eye track the path of the wind around you. If that makes any sense xD

I picked the wound of identity right into a crisis that festered and spewed puss all over my life. So I try to hold back now, and when the guy from the psych team at Dandenong Emergency Hospital evaluated me after anxiety and stress gave me the symptoms of a heart attack he tentatively gave me a diagnosis of a mild form of Paranoid Personality Disorder which actually gave me a lot of peace.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #5386
Saya

It makes sense! I used to take long walks in the woods when I got too angsty. When I moved into the city I felt crippled without that.

Gah, stupid identity. I gotta go back to the counselor soon and talk about my sexual and gender identity. Its not really the lack of identity that bothers me its just such a tangled mess when I try to analyze it myself, and like I said I try to avoid that. It feels like an elephant in the room now.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #5387
Sir Canvas Corpsey

See this is why the wind is a perfect 'peace force' it's universal!

Sexual and gender identity is funnily enough the one thing that appears to be in the all clear for me, spiritual identity and vocational identity on the other hand...
Old 03-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #5388
Saya

Spiritual identity? May I enquire?

And you're a theology student, right?

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh...i5z8o1_400.jpg
Old 03-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #5389
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I am indeed a Theology student, specifically a student of Christian Theology.

You may inquire!

I'm caught in a wrestling match between doing perspective its justice, reason, experience, faith, Christianity, Paganism, a belief that we give God too much credit for some things but cannot reconcile things such creation/big bang with science, a deep connection with nature but also a reliance on technological innovation, a belief in the 'abilities' of certain people, an often absent word from any deity in the present and the coming together of two seemingly opposite faiths to form one moment of revelation is the short, summary of what my spiritual identity crisis is.

In ultra short: I'm Agnostic, yay!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #5390
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post

You may inquire!

I'm caught in a wrestling match between doing perspective its justice, reason, experience, faith, Christianity, Paganism, a belief that we give God too much credit for some things but cannot reconcile things such creation/big bang with science, a deep connection with nature but also a reliance on technological innovation, a belief in the 'abilities' of certain people, an often absent word from any deity in the present and the coming together of two seemingly opposite faiths to form one moment of revelation is the short, summary of what my spiritual identity crisis is.

That was very long winded, but I couldn't help but laugh.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #5391
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post

You may inquire!

I get you. I really find it weird that Christians are so resistant to big/bang and evolution. Christians used to think that the natural world was the expression of God, a miracle could be a perfectly natural event. Because while its logical and scientific, what are the odds? What a miracle! Actually I find the more I learn about it, the less certain I am that I know Christianity XD

Have you ever read Nathan The Wise? We're learning about Enlightenment Christian thought, and it was a wonderful play about the consolation of different faiths, miracle through natural events, etc.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #5392
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Not yet but I am doing Christianity: Reformations through to the Modern Era and I think we do in fact do a week or two on the enlightenment, the lecturer already talks heavily about that period as it is.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #5393
Saya

Thats what my course is called XD We spent a lot of time on the Reformation, we're playing catch up now.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #5394
Sir Canvas Corpsey

The reformation was fucking sexy and Martin Luther was a smart smart and gorgeous (hearted) man.

I'm glad I provide amusement Versus.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #5395
Saya

This might help you with the final exam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt5AJr0wls0
Old 03-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #5396
Sir Canvas Corpsey

That's hilarious!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:46 AM   #5397
Fruitbat

Quote:
I really doubt that you have facebook.

At least it keeps you from texting nonstop. I swear that's the most impersonal way to communicate with people... it's a shame it's so convenient, sometimes.

But yeah. I make fun of people who text all the time by pretending to be their monologue out loud.

"Dear Boo,

Established outer cordon of target building. Air weapons team moving off station. Please update my facebook status."
Versus, please ask your boots how I keep in touch with them? Of course I have farcebook, I'm a loser who needs to feel important!

Why you wanna be my friend? I actually have two facebook accounts, one as fruitbat and one as me, the real me, the actual real me.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:33 AM   #5398
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Versus, please ask your boots how I keep in touch with them? Of course I have farcebook, I'm a loser who needs to feel important!

Why you wanna be my friend? I actually have two facebook accounts, one as fruitbat and one as me, the real me, the actual real me.
That makes more sense. I know you take your secret identity seriously.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #5399
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
It makes sense! I used to take long walks in the woods when I got too angsty. When I moved into the city I felt crippled without that.

Gah, stupid identity. I gotta go back to the counselor soon and talk about my sexual and gender identity. Its not really the lack of identity that bothers me its just such a tangled mess when I try to analyze it myself, and like I said I try to avoid that. It feels like an elephant in the room now.
I don't get how people get hung up about gender identity. If you feel like being a boy, be one. If the next day you're a lady, be one. If you're a man's man who wears lipstick or a superfemme with a fake cock in her pants, be that.

Seriously, how is it a problem?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #5400
Fruitbat

Quote:
That makes more sense. I know you take your secret identity seriously.
Well it is really difficult being wonderwoman. I mean everyone wants me to get out my golden lasso and whip them into shape and half the guys want to wear my sexy little outfit, particularly the wristbands so they can deflect bullets.

Saya knows my secret identity but I'm not lending her the invisible jet again. She had a vulcan party in it last time... Those vulcans are party animals!

Oh and can I just say that its a PITA when I start twirling at parties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5V1C...eature=related