Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
quiescence13

Introduction.

I've never been good at all with introductions. I'll just fill out the questions from the sticky for now...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I enjoy piano particularly. I don't play it well, but I love the sound. I write a small bit, but it is not one of my strong points. I draw as well, but again, I am not great with that field. I am best with my voice, and my singing is probably my best hobby and the one I take most seriously.

2. Where are you from? Jacksonville, Florida. Home of Yellowcard, Limp Bizkit, Lynard Skynard and The Cruxshadows.

3. Who is your favorite author? I don't have a single favorite author. I'm afraid I don't read as much as I should. I'd love to have you suggest a good book for me, though, as I do enjoy reading.

4. What are your favorite films? Chicago, The Corpse Bride, Big Fish.... I don't watch many movies. I like Tim Burton films, a bit, but I'd like to see more.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Sadly, I doubt that I'll be getting married any time soon. My government will not allow it. But.... in some optimistic world where I COULD get married.... I don't know. "Kiss Them For Me"?

6. At your funeral? "Resume", by Sopor Aeternus?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Shot in a hate-crime in broad daylight for everyone to see.

8. What kind of casket would you want? I'd be dead, so it wouldn't matter to me. Put me in a cardboard box for all I care.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? As of now, a nice pair of dress pants and a black striped formal shirt. And a bow-tie. That'd all be nice.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Having no desire for sex whatsoever.

11. What's your favorite band? Good question. I will answer with Katzenjammer Kabarett. Cinema Strange or Sopor Aeternus may dethrone them soon, though. Bauhaus is also close behind, but is damned to an eternal fourth-place-or-below state. Non-goth bands I like are Jack Off Jill, Evanescence's old music, The Dresden Dolls, and Straylight Run. Almost all of that appeals to the angsty teenager in me. But again, Sopor Aeternus could easily replace all of that.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I am a freshman in high school right now. I go to an art school, majoring in vocal music. We got to sing Carmina Burana a few months back. It was magical.

13. Why did you join? To learn. I would like to hear bands that I never would've found otherwise, read books I overlooked in the library, watch movies I've never heard of... And while this won't directly do any of that, I can at least find out about their existence. It's also a chance to talk to people with similar interests as me, which is otherwise hard since I can't go to any clubs.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Male.

Any other questions, I'd be glad to answer them.
quiescence13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
disorder

Welcome, Quiescence Have you read The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, and the series thereof? Genius. I'm sure you'd like
Old 04-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
quiescence13

A combination of the movie and a shoddily-done oral report on the book really turned me off to it.

I really liked Ender's Game, which I connect to The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy for some reason. Are they similar at all?
Old 04-24-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
disorder

Hmmm I'm not sure. I've never heard of Ender's Game before. I'll check it out
Old 04-24-2006, 07:46 PM   #5
Crom Crauch

Yer both crazy, but there is a connection... read both books, then think about his description of the fleets going to earth. And... quiescence, just because the movie sucked, and there was a shoddily done report on it... take a chance and read it, they're highly enjoyable yarns.

Iucunda macula est ex inimici sanguine

Quod sum eris
Crom Crauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
Tuk Keedair

jIH laid jIH'egh bIng je Qongta'. jIH awakened; vaD joH'a' sustains jIH.
Tuk Keedair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
roserougesang

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiescence13
I've never been good at all with introductions. I'll just fill out the questions from the sticky for now...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I enjoy piano particularly. I don't play it well, but I love the sound. I write a small bit, but it is not one of my strong points. I draw as well, but again, I am not great with that field. I am best with my voice, and my singing is probably my best hobby and the one I take most seriously.
I can completely agree with that post . I did piano until the end of Grade Six and for some unknown reason gave it up. Wish I hadn't though..
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
Blushing Heliophobe

An Escher fan do you draw/paint?
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:36 PM   #9
quiescence13

Crom Crauch, you are right. Shame on me for ignoring "never judge a book by its movie."

I do draw a small bit, but my work is all very simplistic and sketchy. It usually accompanies my writing.