Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #8276
Solumina

Damn Saya, that's kind of crazy but at least everyone is okay.

This feels really dumb and weird to whine about but whatever. My mom is comfortably well off so I'm used to her paying for things when she would visit me but we always kind of pretended that it wasn't because I was poor and that it was just that she was the one picking what we did (even if it was picking from a list of my suggestions) so she paid. I mean we both knew what was going on but it made it feel a little less awkward. John (her boyfriend) doesn't do that. He isn't boastful or rude about being rich, just matter of fact and he now pays for pretty much everything when they visit but he also never wants to decide what to do, just because he is laid back and honestly doesn't care as long as the rest of us are enjoying ourselves. I feel slightly awkward about it because there is a lot of awesome stuff here, especially restaurants, but some of it is really expensive and on the one hand I feel like a mooch but on the other we get to do stuff that we couldn't afford to do ourselves.

For example while we were in San Fran last weekend we went to an art museum, Japanese tea garden, and botanical garden which all had entrance fees but we only spent maybe 4.5 hours between the three of them (including lunch) when we could have easily spent all day in the museum alone but since they were close together, and we had expressed interest in all of them, we went to all of them.

It doesn't help that Jake is feeling a little inadequate because he will never be a rich as my mom's boyfriend. It doesn't matter that John is in his late 60's or that he was really lucky and had amazing timing as not only was he working in a very different economy as the one we are dealing with now but he had a small info-tech firm that he build from the ground up and sold right around the height of the tech bubble, that just isn't something you can hope to replicate.

I know first world problems and all that but still I wish I could just enjoy their visits instead of there being distracted by this crap.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:29 AM   #8277
Acharis

I get what you mean Solumina. I'm not getting as many hours as I want and it's awkward because my boyfriend has always insisted on paying for dates.

Things are pretty unsatisfactory at my end. I'm getting fed up with all kinds of shit, not seeing my partner as much as I'd like.. and wish I had some awesome friends, instead of club acquaintances I can't seem to have much of a conversation with.

I need to kidnap Solumina, Saya and Ape for a feminist stitch and bitch group.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #8278
Saya

I actually have a lot of anxiety about the income difference between me and Versus. When he was here last I told myself I wasn't going to worry about it, and he took me out to dinner a few times, and it eats away at me remembering it now XD He's suppose to visit next month and I'm trying to make a list of cheap/free things to do this time, as well as treating him to the tea house. To ease my mind.

Also, stitch n bitch tiny chat?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #8279
TheLonelyGhost

Man, I am tired of constantly hearing nagging around me. Any chance I ever get to myself and seem to finally relax more things keep coming my way. It seems as if everyone around me always wants to bitch. Sure I know it's life and everyone needs to vent, but I need a break from all of this chaos.

Ugh!
TheLonelyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #8280
Solumina

I'm not so awesome at the stitch part but I'm in for the bitching, y'all just let me know when.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #8281
Acharis

If it's at a time I can do it, that sounds awesome.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #8282
Solumina

Ow fuckety ow my ankle gave out and to top it off I hit my ass on the corner of the coffee table as I fell. It's sprained but I can walk on it (though I'm borrowing one of Jake's canes to make it a little easier). I'm sure it will be perfectly fine in a couple of days but for now it really hurts and kind of freaks me out as I was just walking barefoot across the perfectly level floor and there is no real reason why it gave out.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #8283
Saya

I feel bad that you're hurt, but I might have laughed at the thought of you just randomly falling. You're like the heroine of a shojo manga.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #8284
Solumina

Oh shit I kind of am, Jake even literally dropped what he was doing to come help me up and excessively fret over me...of course now he has moved on to mocking me but whatever.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #8285
Saya

Solumina the number one rule of shojo/magical girl anime/manga is that your love interest will fawn over you and then make fun of you. You have to have at least forty episodes of pretending to not like each other.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #8286
Solumina

Well shit we totally did that
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #8287
Solumina

Update: the bruise looks like an arrow. Take a wild guess where it points.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #8288
BourbonBoy

SB5 might be dead for now, but what worries me is how it got to that point. The rednecks in my state of residence tried to change the dating to yesterday to pass it anyway until the computer dating made it quite clear that they approved the measure well after midnight. One shudders to think what would have happened if the computers hadn't been working properly.

I can't wait to relocate to a more enlightened state.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #8289
Saya

Rick Perry is a douche nozzle, he's reviving it.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #8290
Acharis

The Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case and how the defense attorney is speaking to Rachel Jeantel. Kind of racist.
(Normally don't hear much about these kinds of cases or American news so if I'm ignorant about them I'm sorry, one of my feminist pages shared this one.)

My partners ex keeping his child away.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #8291
BourbonBoy

That doesn't surprise me one bit Acharis. It is the South and people are more open about their racism, even if they claim they aren't. The region has been notorious for kicking and screaming when being dragged into the modern world.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #8292
Saya

I can't follow the news about the Zimmerman trial at all because it just makes me so angry that there's any controversy about it at all.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #8293
FlorenceFearne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I can't follow the news about the Zimmerman trial at all because it just makes me so angry that there's any controversy about it at all.
Er, I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but which side of this are you landing on? For Zimmerman, or against? Not starting a debate, just curious.
FlorenceFearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #8294
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceFearne View Post
Er, I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but which side of this are you landing on? For Zimmerman, or against? Not starting a debate, just curious.
Oh, sorry! Few new people stick around lately so I forget that not everyone hasn't been here for ages and remember what we've said before. Against Zimmerman.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #8295
Jonathan

Is anyone other than Zimmerman actually for Zimmerman?

Wearing the shirt I got from the Peter Murphy secret cover tour and was unironically asked if it was Sheldon Cooper.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #8296
BourbonBoy

Sadly, there are other people rooting for Zimmerman. What baffles me is the fact that his defense is, "I was getting my ass kicked, so I shot him. But it was self defense."

That would annoy me as well Jonathan, I've lost count of how many times I've worn a band t-shirt and someone my age has no clue who the band is.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #8297
FlorenceFearne

One thing that initially really annoyed me re: this Zimmerman trial is that initially all the picture of Trayvon were from when he was like, 8 years old. There are current pictures available, so what's that about? To me it feels like someone basically said, "Well, everyone agrees that young black males in backwards baseball caps are all dangerous criminals, and that people should shoot them on sight. Let's go with the cute little kid picture instead." How in the world do people expect to address racial tensions if we cannot even acknowledge that maybe someone could dress in a way we might associate with negative stereotypes, and STILL be a decent person who is given a fair trial?
FlorenceFearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #8298
Frozen_Stars

Weekend whining

Ok, here's my whining. Been crazy busy and realised afterwards it wasn't really worth all the stress and sleepless nights. Also, I cancelled all my plans to see a friend today (we had been planning it for 2 weeks) and NOW he tells me that he's feeling this and that and it might ruin our friendship so he doesn't want to meet up today. I have to say, I respect his honesty, I just wish he could have told me a wee bit earlier... -_- Oh, and I'm still coughing like a Victorian chimney sweeper (got sick last weekend).
Frozen_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #8299
Acharis

Being torn and not knowing what the fuck I'm doing.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #8300
Frozen_Stars

I know that feeling all too well...
Frozen_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote