Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
LovelyxBlackLace

Hi ( : So I'm kind of new here...

First of all, you can call me Abby. I'm 16 and I've always felt like I've lived in the shadows of people around me.
I've battled depression for a long time. I suck at first impressions, so I hope I'm not striking a really awful one right now; I love literature and listening to power metal. My favourite band is Nightwish. Their music completes me.
Anyway, it's really nice to meet all of you

Sorry for sidetracking. Here it goes.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm a junior in high school. I like to draw, listen to music (symphonic and power metal are my favourite), read romance novels and gothic/erotic literature

2. Where are you from?

New York. But I moved to London like 2 years ago. I miss the city

3. Who is your favorite author?

A LOT!

I read all nineteenth century novels I love how the gothic genre is used as a medium in literature to address the universality of female suffering and their passivity. I'm into all that twisted shit. Heh. I can relate to the excitement that arouses within a man whilst ****** a woman. It's the fear and struggle they like to anticipate on our faces; degrading the weaker sex, using her fertility to encumber the mind and body. After ****** her, the tyrannical male usually kills her; giving the story an grotesque twist of uncanny despair and overwrought emotions.

Anyway. I digress a lot.
So a few of my favourites include:

Jamaica Inn - Daphne Du Maurier
Northanger Abbey - Jane Austen
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
The Mysteries of Udolpho - Ann Radcliffe
The Monk - Matthew Lewis
Salathiel the Immortal - George Croly
Melmoth the Wanderer - Charles Maturin
Dracula - Bram Stoker

The list can go on forever...books complete me; though sometimes I hide this part of myself from people because I am so terrified of judgement.

4. What are your favorite films?

SAW 1, 2, 3, 4
I know what you did last summer
Donny Darko
Sweeney Todd
Final Destination 1 and 3
The Hitcher
The Hangover
The Ugly Truth
Aliens in the Attic

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Paid in Full - Sonata Arctica

6. At your funeral?

Amaranth by Nightwish

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I want to have a dramatic death. Something symbolic I guess. The whole point is for people to remember me and feel BAD about the way they pre-judged and treated someone who was so kind to them.

* Fill a bathtub with water. Cut the main arteries in my arms so the water will be entrenched in a deep, crimson red I'll bleed to death. The sight will be absofuckinglutely awesome.
My suicide note will be written on the mirror in black marker ink (I've considered the use of blood, but it's not very effective when it comes to being exposed to water or whatever; besides I want my final words to be EXPLICITLY CLEAR okay?)
Also, I want to look graceful when I die, so I'll curl my eyelashes, put on several coats of green mascara (my favourite) and some purple and magenta eyeshadow with light pink lipstick to accompany the death-angel look. *

You can suggest more ways for me - can't wait to hear them.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Never thought about it. Honestly. Suggestions?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Hard question...but it's easy to come up with new ideas every day since I'm ironically, a pretty laid-back person. Usually I would stick with a short cotton black slip-on skirt from zara, black lace-print panties (pretty much all my underwear are lace), a bra (duh), a lace tank top that accentuates my upper curves, floral-print tights (translucent black)and a pair of flats to go with it. Maybe put on my lace headband when it's a pretty nice day...I'm referring to the weather here. It depends on my mood generally.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Everything!
I miss my childhood days so much; it's hard to believe that life is so full of dramatic change.

When you're a teenager you feel like the world is literally sitting on top you; people backstab you, your friends backstab you, teachers and parents who yell at you 24/7, drugs, ****, sex, stoner parties, guys who tell you they love you and take advantage afterwards.
Sometimes I wish I could just fall asleep and never wake up.

11. What's your favorite band?

Nightwish. Their music completes my life.
Long live Nightwish and their music.

I also love Avantasia, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom, Dragonforce, Within Temptation, Five Finger Death Punch, Bullet for my Valentine, Echoes of Eternity, Hammerfall, Mushroomhead and so much more. Mostly power metal and symphonic metal music.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

English Literature at Cambridge
I hope

13. Why did you join?

Because life's a bitch...lying and suffering are the only ways that get me through. I've been misunderstood my entire life and getting blamed for all the wrong things. I hope to find some kind of solace here. I'm really scared people might reject me though... Is it normal to be so scared of being judged?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

A girl.
LovelyxBlackLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Geoluhread

Heard of Kamelot?
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
LovelyxBlackLace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
Heard of Kamelot?
Way too medieval. I used to listen to them though.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Geoluhread

I think they`re way better than the all the bands that you listed put together.
Funny, you though very carefully of a way to die, but never thought of a coffin.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
LovelyxBlackLace

Quote:
I think they`re way better than the all the bands that you listed put together.
Funny, you though very carefully of a way to die, but never thought of a coffin.
I don't want to die yet. I want to kill other people first.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
PortraitOfSanity

Stratovarious > Kamelot

Oh, and if you like Nightwish, you'll love Epica.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
Geoluhread

Epica suck.

Startovarious are awesome, I likes them.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #8
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Epica suck.
They're a lot better than Nightwish... Which album(s) did you listen to?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 11-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
Geoluhread

The phantom agony.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #10
LovelyxBlackLace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Stratovarious > Kamelot

Oh, and if you like Nightwish, you'll love Epica.
I love Epica they're awesome. Echoes of Eternity are great too.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #11
PortraitOfSanity

@Geo I didn't think that one was bad. I liked what I think is their newest one, The Divine Conspiracy, the best. Try that out.

-Mr. Filth
Old 11-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
Geoluhread

I`ll give it a try ^^
Thanks
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 11-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
Krick Wurkheiser

My girlfriend loves Sonata Arctica... I never heard them.

Hello Abby, make sure to contribute to the board a bit before you do anything rash, hey? Kidding. You know, life might turn out okay after all. And the original term for a 'goth' was 'positive punk'!

Have you ever read Emily Brönte's Wuthering Heights? I bet you have, but if not I highly recommend it. Also, J.S. LeFanu's Uncle Silas for a more gothic horror novel (as opposed to gothic romance) is a great read.
Krick Wurkheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #14
Still Jack

Oh fuck sonata arctica, my sister listens to that ear carcinogen. She bitches when I've got sex fiend on, but then she plays shitty metal about running away from were-wolves...
Old 11-08-2009, 03:17 AM   #15
LovelyxBlackLace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krick Wurkheiser View Post
My girlfriend loves Sonata Arctica... I never heard them.

Hello Abby, make sure to contribute to the board a bit before you do anything rash, hey? Kidding. You know, life might turn out okay after all. And the original term for a 'goth' was 'positive punk'!

Have you ever read Emily Brönte's Wuthering Heights? I bet you have, but if not I highly recommend it. Also, J.S. LeFanu's Uncle Silas for a more gothic horror novel (as opposed to gothic romance) is a great read.
Yup, it's definitely a good book but it's got a too happily-ever after ending; I prefer books with virgins in distress and the uncanny kind.
Thanks, I've heard of Uncle Silas and I'm planning to read it after finishing my last chapter on The Yellow Wallpaper. Say hi to your girlfriend for me (:
Old 11-08-2009, 03:24 AM   #16
LovelyxBlackLace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Oh fuck sonata arctica, my sister listens to that ear carcinogen. She bitches when I've got sex fiend on, but then she plays shitty metal about running away from were-wolves...
It's not ear carcinogen! They have an awesome keyboard player. I would recommend listening to these: 1. Paid In Full
2. Blinded no more
3. Fullmoon
Tell me what you think. Lol. Peace.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:25 AM   #17
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I've never listened to them. I highly doubt I'd like them at all...
Old 11-08-2009, 04:30 AM   #18
Krick Wurkheiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyxBlackLace View Post
Yup, it's definitely a good book but it's got a too happily-ever after ending; I prefer books with virgins in distress and the uncanny kind.
Thanks, I've heard of Uncle Silas and I'm planning to read it after finishing my last chapter on The Yellow Wallpaper. Say hi to your girlfriend for me (:
I don't know if I'd call it happily ever after... lots of people were destroyed in the middle! But that's what makes it so great. It was all the chills that I enjoyed, I won't fret about how a book ends when it takes me on a ride...

You should! From what I remember (this was a while back) it has a somewhat mixed atmosphere, some parts being so-so (describing mundane life, I guess it's necessary) and some parts being creepy in varying degrees, but the climax is truly fantastic. Worth a read.

I'll tell Kitt I met another S.A fan! Hah
Old 11-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #19
viscus

Quote:
I can relate to the excitement that arouses within a man whilst ****** a woman. It's the fear and struggle they like to anticipate on our faces; degrading the weaker sex, using her fertility to encumber the mind and body.
You can? I surely cannot, and I'd like to think that none of the other men here can either.

Quote:
I want to have a dramatic death. Something symbolic I guess. The whole point is for people to remember me and feel BAD about the way they pre-judged and treated someone who was so kind to them.

* Fill a bathtub with water. Cut the main arteries in my arms so the water will be entrenched in a deep, crimson red I'll bleed to death. The sight will be absofuckinglutely awesome.
My suicide note will be written on the mirror in black marker ink (I've considered the use of blood, but it's not very effective when it comes to being exposed to water or whatever; besides I want my final words to be EXPLICITLY CLEAR okay?)
Also, I want to look graceful when I die, so I'll curl my eyelashes, put on several coats of green mascara (my favourite) and some purple and magenta eyeshadow with light pink lipstick to accompany the death-angel look. *
Quote:
Nightwish. Their music completes my life.
Long live Nightwish and their music.

I also love Avantasia, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom, Dragonforce, Within Temptation, Five Finger Death Punch, Bullet for my Valentine, Echoes of Eternity, Hammerfall, Mushroomhead and so much more. Mostly power metal and symphonic metal music.
Hopefully you'll grow out of these things soon.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 AM   #20
LovelyxBlackLace

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus View Post
You can? I surely cannot, and I'd like to think that none of the other men here can either.

It's something I deeply recount for in personal experiences; I watched my best friend get ***** by a psychotic pack of men in a mosh pit. The worst thing was I was the one drugged and semi-concious; and she experienced the pain entirely awake. She never recovered from it since. It's been three years. She was only thirteen.

Hopefully you'll grow out of these things soon.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But nothing you say will stop me from loving Nightwish. No offense intended.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #21
JCC

**** fantasies, silly imaginings of your dramatic suicide and listening to symphonic metal are all shows of total mental depravity.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #22
LovelyxBlackLace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
**** fantasies, silly imaginings of your dramatic suicide and listening to symphonic metal are all shows of total mental depravity.
Heh. You wouldn't have to put me down if you could get laid in real life.

OOH Burn.
Kidding. I'd totally multi-task you and Charles Baudelaire together.
Also, symphonic metal is absofuckinglutely amazing to listen to, fills the mind with good clarity and not just shitty thrash metal that renders your eardrums in pain whilst you turn deaf.

Children of Bodom is pretty good metal though. Go listen to "Are You Dead Yet", I think you would like it JCC.

<3
Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #23
viscus

Quote:
It's something I deeply recount for in personal experiences; I watched my best friend get ***** by a psychotic pack of men in a mosh pit. The worst thing was I was the one drugged and semi-concious; and she experienced the pain entirely awake. She never recovered from it since. It's been three years. She was only thirteen.
And so now you find the thought of r.ape to be exciting? I would think it would be the opposite, after a horrific experience like that.

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But nothing you say will stop me from loving Nightwish. No offense intended.
Why would I take offense?

Still, that kind of music is juvenile.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #24
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus View Post
And so now you find the thought of r.ape to be exciting? I would think it would be the opposite, after a horrific experience like that.
Well, a fascination with something is sometimes an attempt to process it. I can understand that.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #25
JCC

Quote:
Heh. You wouldn't have to put me down if you could get laid in real life.

OOH Burn.
Kidding. I'd totally multi-task you and Charles Baudelaire together.
Also, symphonic metal is absofuckinglutely amazing to listen to, fills the mind with good clarity and not just shitty thrash metal that renders your eardrums in pain whilst you turn deaf.

Children of Bodom is pretty good metal though. Go listen to "Are You Dead Yet", I think you would like it JCC.

<3
I've heard all of Children of Bodom's albums at one point or another, and had the misfortune of seeing them live last year.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote