Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Lydia Deetz

Lightbulb I've finally learned something about forums.

I've been on many forums over the years on and off. I'll join a forum then leave either because I got ran off for daring to have a different opinion or the getting fed up with the idiots. After telling myself "Just one more forum. There is an intelligent forum somewhere on this big internet."

Then I get more and more pissed off and frustrated at people. I become determined to not let people drive me crazy. I say "Screw the forums. I have to deal with enough idiots in the real life."

But that damn part that makes me so human. The need for social interaction or else I lose my fucking mind wins over and I finally, finally realize what could have saved me so many years of frustration.

You have treat them like it's fucking high school.

You have the idiots as the majority, but then there are the few people underneath all of them that are actually worth putting up with it and that 's why I'm deciding to stay on this forum(and I was so close to leaving). The same goes for other forums that may catch my interest.

Oh, and the fact that I have a voice and I want it heard just like idiots around the net can have theirs.

Growing up is so much fun.
Lydia Deetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Hydrodyssodia

So you discovered forums are like any other type of human groups?
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
Angelic Dissonance2

Reaching out, huh? I always just let them come to me....
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
Lord Morozco

The old circle jerk. They're unavoidable it seems. Don't agree with me. :P

lol

Last edited by Lord Morozco; 11-07-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: lol
Lord Morozco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Lydia Deetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrodyssodia View Post
So you discovered forums are like any other type of human groups?
Yes, I'm stubborn like that. I'm a recovering perfectionist who has to learn things the hard way.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
Versus

Hrm. Now I'm curious why you were close to leaving. Not that I don't understand, but I mean you, specifically.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
Despanan

Who the fuck are you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
Noumi

Why are forums so important to you anyways?

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #9
vindicatedxjin

Noumi, your gif thing is making me frustrated...>.<
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Who the fuck are you?
I was thinking something along those lines.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
Noumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Noumi, your gif thing is making me frustrated...>.<
Why? Effy's the best!
:3

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia Deetz View Post
I've been on many forums over the years on and off. I'll join a forum then leave either because I got ran off for daring to have a different opinion or the getting fed up with the idiots. After telling myself "Just one more forum. There is an intelligent forum somewhere on this big internet."

Then I get more and more pissed off and frustrated at people. I become determined to not let people drive me crazy. I say "Screw the forums. I have to deal with enough idiots in the real life."

But that damn part that makes me so human. The need for social interaction or else I lose my fucking mind wins over and I finally, finally realize what could have saved me so many years of frustration.

You have treat them like it's fucking high school.

You have the idiots as the majority, but then there are the few people underneath all of them that are actually worth putting up with it and that 's why I'm deciding to stay on this forum(and I was so close to leaving). The same goes for other forums that may catch my interest.

Oh, and the fact that I have a voice and I want it heard just like idiots around the net can have theirs.

Growing up is so much fun.
Well, now that I know you know how to behave, I would like to be the first to welcome you to the forum.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #13
Angelic Dissonance2

Quote:
When I want my voice heard, I commit random acts of vandalism.
Or I scream out in public, where people can hear me.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #14
DDX

I have a dream...
DDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
Lydia Deetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Hrm. Now I'm curious why you were close to leaving. Not that I don't understand, but I mean you, specifically.
I didn't browse around as much as I should have before joining and saw there were more idiots here than I thought. I also felt the overall vibe here was immature; if most people weren't being outright idiots then they were being condescending under the disguise of intellect/intelligence.

I had been to enough forums like that and the first thought was for me to leave, but I was beyond sick of jumping from forum to forum so I decided to stick it out and because I've seen that there are people here who are mature and they're still here so there must be something worth staying here for.

Noumi: Forums aren't important to me. I actually hate I had to come back to them, but where I'm from it's nearly impossible to find someone I can relate to and I get lonely sometimes so here I am.

And for the two smart asses who want to know who I am, read my post in the Introductions section.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #16
Versus

Quote:
I didn't browse around as much as I should have before joining and saw there were more idiots here than I thought. I also felt the overall vibe here was immature; if most people weren't being outright idiots then they were being condescending under the disguise of intellect/intelligence.

I had been to enough forums like that and the first thought was for me to leave, but I was beyond sick of jumping from forum to forum so I decided to stick it out and because I've seen that there are people here who are mature and they're still here so there must be something worth staying here for.
I know what you mean. I think, as with any relationship, it's important to remember that while it will never be perfect, there are certain endearing qualities which can make that perfectly okay.

I think I have a good example: My wife was very, very whiny. Everything was the end of the world to her. It was extremely irritating. Something I noticed though, was that it made her very easy to please. Like, if it was very cold, I could give her my jacket and her face would light up. That perspective sometimes changed my perception of an otherwise annoyance into a positive one.

Anyway. I think you lurk more then you post, but having read your prior contributions, I'm glad you've decided to stay at least in that capacity. I think people like you are a breathe of fresh air, honestly.

And I wouldn't be bothered by the others. I don't think it's that they haven't seen your introduction, I think the implication of their response to your comments about the forum, which they are a part of, wasn't literally "Who are you," but "Who are you to judge me?" I don't think it was very offensive, honestly.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #17
Despanan

Quote:

Noumi: Forums aren't important to me. I actually hate I had to come back to them, but where I'm from it's nearly impossible to find someone I can relate to and I get lonely sometimes so here I am.

And for the two smart asses who want to know who I am, read my post in the Introductions section.
Translation: "Fuck you, and fuck your forum. Most of you are immature idiots but some of you are okay and hang out with these idiots so this forum must be cool...or not, I actually hate it but I can't be bothered to go anywhere else because I'm tired and lonely and I NEED PEOPLE I CAN RELATE TO. Now go read my other posts I can't be bothered to answer you here."

Yep...you've totally got everything figured out. I'm sure you'll fit right in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #18
Lydia Deetz

I'm human and fitting in is overrated so you can hate me now. I can tell you get off on it. Just don't cum too hard. You must might mess up something.

You're not the only one who can be a smart ass.

Versus: If that's what they may have meant then they should have just said it. I can't stand it when people feel the need to be a smart ass about everything. You may not find that type of bullshit to be annoying, but I do.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #19
Angelic Dissonance2

From the looks of things, you fit in perfectly.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #20
MinervaLiRenfield

I don't know, I've found everyone here to be super friendly and nice! There was even this awesome stranger at the door who gave me some candy and said there's going to be an after party later in his van parked out back!
MinervaLiRenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #21
Angelic Dissonance2

It's true... I really do have candy, and solo van parties with free invites...

How else could I bear to wear this hairspray? It's made from the dark, depressing tears of Robert Smith....
Old 12-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #22
Catch

Talking about how jerky people are on forums, I just got a notification stating I was mean to someone with a sideline (trashface). It was on the vampire don forums. I barely logon, because it is boring. The only thing I can think of that was out-of-line is this stupid photo someone photo shopped a pic of one of those eletric storm thingies in a sphere.

It was lame and those saying they saw a ghost are lame also. They're all lame. That's why I rarely find anything to do.

It might have been a prank, no big loss.