Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Ryukil

Guyliner.

So I'm a guy, would like to try putting on some eyeliner. But I don't know what product to purchase, how to apply it, and also...how to make the transition to wearing it. What I'm saying is, it would be weird if I all of the sudden show up to class wearing eyeliner after two months of not having it. Do guys wearing eyeliner get heckled? Anyone have any experience with that?
Ryukil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
Acharis

It really depends on where you are as to the response you get, so I can't really answer that. It is sometimes possible.

Maybe start with something easy and low key, like eyeshadow on a damp Q tip really close to the eyelashes. There is however a guide using cheap pencil (recommending brown, but charcoal is also ok I guess or black if you don't mind it more noticeable). http://www.stitchfashion.com/?p=6955
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
ape descendant

If you don't like getting poked in the eye with wood, they make eye liner that kinda clicks out like a mechanical pencil. That's what I use.

One thing about getting heckled, if you do anything that steps out of any sort of norm, you're going to get crap for it, especially if you're still in high school. You will probably get heckled, called names, asked stupid questions and lots of speculation about your sexual orientation.

On the upside, if it's something you really want to do, go for it. Haters gonna hate.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
SoftShocks

I use a pencil myself.
Just have confidence if you do decide to do it. I have been wearing it along with lipstick of years. People will give you shit every once in a while, but that's just live. Everyone gives everyone shit one way or another.
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:30 AM   #5
Lady Ruthven

If you want to wear eyeliner, go for it! (Personally, guys wearing makeup really turns me on.)

If you haven't worn any before, I would recommend getting one of the pencils with little brushes on the other end. That way you can smooth it out after it's on so you don't need to worry about the line being uneven. You could start with a grey or charcoal colour which is subtler than black and then gradually get darker.

I guess you might get some trouble, but my advice is to go for it anyway. Remember that when someone picks on you for being different, it is probably them who has the problem.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
erotomaniac87

If you live in the U.S. the brand Jordana makes some nice retractable ones, and they're pretty cheap, too. You can find them at your local Walgreens.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
Rebel@Heart

I wear black liner almost all the time. I have very light colored lashes, so I even team it up with mascara. I work retail in a managment position and wear my makup to work with zero issues. I rarely get made fun of. People see me, I walk like a guy, move like a guy, have a deep voice so people do not usually assume anything about my sexuallity.

I use A revlon colorstay - waterproof retractible pencil on my lower ad upper lashline, teamed with a gel liner on my waterline. After that I dab eyeshadow over the gel to make it last. And since you have never applied makeup before all Ill say is PRACTICE!! After a while ull be able to do it in a rush with no retakes.
Rebel@Heart is offline   Reply With Quote