Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
DarkNomad

Greetings, ladies and gentlegoths!

Hello to you all! First things first, my name is Eóin. Imagine 'Owen' but only spelled in Irish (that should also give you a clue as to where I am from.) I'm 18, meaning I'm probably not as old school as most others here but have a huge appreciation for old school goth culture as well as modern goth culture. I am half metalhead, half goth and a little bit punk (I adore punk music, particularly hardcore punk, but am not very indulged in punk culture.)

I see some people answering questions about themselves in their introductions so I will go ahead and answer a few basic questions.

Where are you from? See above.

What do you do? Pump ridiculous amounts of caffeine into my system and rant on the internet while listening to music. It's quite exciting. I also enjoy late-night walks as my username suggests.

What music do you like? My taste in music is bipolar just like me (Go figure.) I'm primarily into all sorts of rock and metal except for all that metalcore and screamo stuff. I of course have a strong fondness of darkwave/new wave/goth rock and all that too.

What are your favourite bands? The usual rock and metal bands you would typically expect. AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Nirvana, etc. etc. Although I am a huge Alice In Chains fan and have a strong appreciation of more obscure bands like Rollins Band, The Jesus Lizard and Meat Puppets to name a few.

And when it comes to the darker side of things, I loves me some Bauhaus, Sisters Of Mercy, Christian Death, Switchblade Symphony, Written In Ashes, Joy Division, Type O Negative, The Cure, Fields Of The Nephilim, The Damned, Queen Siouxsie (of course!) and many more.

Well, that's just a couple of questions answered to break the ice. If you want to know more about my uninteresting life, go ahead and throw me a question... I look forward to getting to speak to you all!
DarkNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:20 AM   #2
Acharis

Hey there! Nice taste on the music and night walks, I hope you settle in.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote