Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:42 AM   #26
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
After your previous posts I had a thought, but I'm still saddened to hear this. I'm sorry it's come to this ... or more exactly, I'm sorry that someone you've become so emotionally invested in thinks so little of you.

I do know one thing for certain. You deserve better.
Dunno man. He's a good guy. A real solid investment. I wish what you said were true, that way I wouldn't feel like such completely dog shit.
We decided to "simplify" the relationship, and instead of thinking of us as a future thing together, we'll think of it as a him and me, day by day situation. He said he hopes it works.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #27
Underwater Ophelia

My least favorite thing is slug corpse mush.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #28
Ben Lahnger

I've worked 2 jobs and I quickly determined that the affect on my mental and physical health wasn't worth the benefits.

So, one of my least favorite things is having to work 2 jobs.

Not faulting you for having to work, and don't go crying victim here. You choose to work two jobs, you start a thread, you say you gotta go ... makes my criticism fair game. At the same time, you have my understanding about how having two jobs messes with your ability to live your life in so many ways.

Also, there have been other threads (not just the Rant thread) where people list off things they dislike. Plenty of them.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #29
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Dunno man. He's a good guy. A real solid investment. I wish what you said were true, that way I wouldn't feel like such completely dog shit.
We decided to "simplify" the relationship, and instead of thinking of us as a future thing together, we'll think of it as a him and me, day by day situation. He said he hopes it works.
Okay, excuse the directness of this, and I will admit this is the most cynical voice in my head speaking, but that just sounds like he's saying "I want to keep you around until I find someone more interesting to fuck."

Really, I can't think of another reason a man would say he wants a day by day relationship with you, with no promise of any future possibilities.

I think you're overrating how good a guy he is. Could be I'm wrong, but that day by day thing is a screaming red flag to me.

I bet he hopes it works for you.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #30
Jaye Jang

Just got back. Got to go to work. Reason I work two jobs, like it or else, is that I happen to live in a state that pays Arkansas wages, and charges California prices. Upshot: You either work two jobs here or you wind up on that street corner with that sign. Or you get up at 4 a.m. and go do day labor to try and garner enough money to rent a room for the night (the homeless shelters charge here). As for starting a thread here, and not being able to finish it, I work on-call. As for the 'victim' mentality, it comes from the frustration of realizing that I come from a state that is beautiful and has some really great tourist attractions, but if you are a native you are either a landowner or an employer -- or else you are fair game (read that 'road kill') -- like it or else. But the only alternative is to quit one or the other job, and wind up homeless and unemployed. So, to that effect, I'm going to leave you hanging again and go to work at job #2, and try to enjoy the rest of my week, because come payday, I get to go 'have that little talk' with my boss again. As for the above advise to Pineapple -- good job. Couldn't have said that better myself.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #31
Still Jack

My least favourite things are:
Pussies with weapons.
Stale cigarettes, they can mess up my day at times.
Crappy booze, that can mess up my whole weekend.
Writers block.
Running out of cigarettes and booze.
Wondering what happened to me...
Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #32
skoteinh

cockroaches
Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #33
Lady_Alyce

Location: A lovely place where the humidity melts your makeup off.
Wearing fishnets, crossing my legs, and getting the hose caught on the buckles. Then forgetting to unhook myself before getting up. I've ruined so many pairs of fishnets that way.
Lady_Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #34
the-nihilist

I know how you feel, that happens to me all the time.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #35
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Okay, excuse the directness of this, and I will admit this is the most cynical voice in my head speaking, but that just sounds like he's saying "I want to keep you around until I find someone more interesting to fuck."

Really, I can't think of another reason a man would say he wants a day by day relationship with you, with no promise of any future possibilities.

I think you're overrating how good a guy he is. Could be I'm wrong, but that day by day thing is a screaming red flag to me.

I bet he hopes it works for you.
Well I'm the one who thought of it. I have no idea what he wanted from me but I think maybe what happened was he told me he wanted all these things and alluded to future plans and then he felt like he backed himself into a corner and got scared of the commitment he felt he had pushed on himself. I never asked him for any of that stuff, and he's the one who brought everything up first and I merely agreed, but I think that's what it is. He didn't want to take a break and he wasn't happy so I asked if this made sense and if this idea worked and he said he had never thought of it, and that it was a good idea.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #36
Ben Lahnger

Hmmm ... So YOU suggested the idea of keeping it a casual relationship with no future commitment? I really have no idea what to think.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #37
Jaye Jang

Another thing to add to my least favorite list, doctors with loose dentures. I just finished typing a report for a doc who clacked, slurped, choked and gagged through the whole thing. Yuck! The only good thing, he's not my doctor. (The idea of someone looking down my throat with loose dentures makes me sort of nervous. Hope I never have to have 'em, but I sure don't want to choke on somebody else's).
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #38
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Hmmm ... So YOU suggested the idea of keeping it a casual relationship with no future commitment? I really have no idea what to think.
Well I didn't know what to do. I don't know what the problem is, I don't understand. I had tentatively asked if he wouldn't like a break from me, and he adamantly refused to take a break because he didn't want us seeing other people and stuff, and he didn't want us to fall out due to not speaking with each other. Everything I asked him was "I don't know, maybe, yes, no".
I did what I thought would keep us together. He's never been in a relationship this long and I think he's just scared, is all. If we ease up a little and just be a little more lighthearted about the whole situation maybe that'll ease his tension until he's ready to get closer. I'm only 20. I've got time before the bio clock starts ticking.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #39
Solumina

Just make sure that you are happy with the relationship that you have. If you are looking for someone who can commit then you wont be able to maintain this day to day relationship for long without it causing some significant emotional strain.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #40
Pineapple_Juice

True words, Sol. I'd like to be settled in a few years, maybe five or so. If in a couple years he doesn't think he wants to do the commit thing then I guess I'll have to move on, but for right now it's not been ten months yet so I think he's still in the testing the waters stage.

Ugh, I don't know. I pulled most of that out of my ass.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #41
vindicatedxjin

It's all about you being happy...do you see yourself spending the rest of your life with him?

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #42
Pineapple_Juice

I do indeed. If he'll let me. That's the pathetic part. I would love to be Mrs. Pineapple_Juice's Boyfriend Turned Hubbie.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:46 AM   #43
vindicatedxjin

Does he know you want it to get up to that point?

This is one of those situations that just eats me up inside, because I'm kinda going through it myself...except I live with him, have been for over a year....hurts my brain, so I try not to think about it.
And since I'm only 21...anytime the thought of wanting to get married pops up in my head I try to push it aside, but part of me just wants to be done and over with it. I just feel like if I'm living with him, and want to be with him for the rest of my life then why wait. But if he hasn't wanted to do it yet, and doesn't want to talk about it...then I feel like he doesn't feel the same way so I might just be waiting for nothing.... Yet I'm waiting...with no permanent commitment....seeing what happens. And it's stressful. But if I end up single again...somewhere down the line. I'm moving out of Texas.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #44
Vindihatedracist

That's just, terrible... despite all of those racist comments... you seem almost human.
Vindihatedracist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #45
Not Tha Duckman

Exclamation

Until she discovers that PJ's boyfriend is a black Jewish person with Down's.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #46
Vindihatedracist

Oh no... the end of the world!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #47
the-nihilist

Yeah I can see how the end of the world would be one your least favorite things.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #48
Vindihatedracist

Ooooooooh!!!! Rar rar rar rar rar racist comment!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #49
the-nihilist

So what you're saying is your trying to access a .rar file that contains a racist comment in it?