Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #26
creature6

the first one is better,the second one is somehow not necessary Mir.
i just love sheep ...
they are cute in their own little way.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #27
Despanan

Communal Facepalm:

*InSovietRussia;FACEPALMSYOU!*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #28
creature6

hmmmmmmmmmmm still not my style.
i prefer this one.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #29
Alan

Gandhi didn't win a Nobel Prize. Sartre rejected a Nobel Prize.
Mother Teresa and Henry Kissinger won a Nobel Prize.

It should be common knowledge by now that the Nobel Prize doesn't really stand for anything that really matters.

By the wya, what the fuck is up with people talking about Alex Jones?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #30
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
This is an unbearable strain; but I'm doing it harder than I've ever done it before:

*FACEPALM*
Looks like you could use some assistance.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #31
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
By the wya, what the fuck is up with people talking about Alex Jones?
Well, I_Zik brought up that Obamaspiracy movie, so...

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 10-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #32
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
I hope you don't actually count that as a reliable source since it's just a bunch of conspiracy theory.
Yo, do you remember when you said that watching the Obama Deception changed your views and I verbally assailed you for taking an Alex Jones documentary as a legitimate source for political opinion?

Good times.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #33
Despanan

I'm really getting to like JCC.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #34
Jaye Jang

Einstein must be spinning in his grave. First they put a McDonald's in the Louvre, then they award Obama a Nobel. I mean, the world is going all wonky. That's a given. But Obama should really decline it because, compared to some of the nominees, he hasn't actually earned it. It almost seems like a 'token' gesture.

Granted Obama is popular, but a Nobel is kind of going overboard. So what's next? He gets his face 'planted' on Mount Rushmore?
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #35
DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
just for your fucking information before you jump to conclusion ,it has been mention in a previous post and i posted where to find that video along with the introduction that i of course did not write
i did not watch that video yet but i guess you read that too before you made your fucked up stupid comment.

Well gee, maybe you should re-read what I said. I said "I HOPE" not "You are". Perhaps instead of getting defensive and going on about my "fucked up stupid" comment, you should take the time to let your one celled brain prosses the information you're trying to put in it.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #36
DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Yo, do you remember when you said that watching the Obama Deception changed your views and I verbally assailed you for taking an Alex Jones documentary as a legitimate source for political opinion?

Good times.

Yes, yes I do.
Now I know better.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #37
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
Yes, yes I do.
Now I know better.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #38
Mir

I dislike Alex Jones. I don't mind talking about people I dislike, and morons that don't know what he stands for, and therefore fail to see his agenda. And I'm the sheep. Baaa! Fuck you.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #39
I_Zik

It's one person's opinion. It's just the same as finding all your other information, eventually it boils down to a few people's opinions per source. The concept and inception of politics is highly overrated anyways. Although my inclination politically is towards the quest for truth whatever that may be, I would rather follow someone who told you to ask questions and demand answers.
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #40
vindicatedxjin

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #41
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Zik View Post
It's one person's opinion. It's just the same as finding all your other information, eventually it boils down to a few people's opinions per source. The concept and inception of politics is highly overrated anyways. Although my inclination politically is towards the quest for truth whatever that may be, I would rather follow someone who told you to ask questions and demand answers.
And thus you fall into the same trap that all well-meaning idiots fall into:

Someone presents themselves as a scientific, reasonable, question asker, and you take them on their word and let them tell you the "truth" Because your tiny brain has a little post-modern orgasm and you're too lazy to actually investigate/think about this stuff yourself.

You allow yourself to be indoctrinated by finks, By flashy alarmist charlatans, and you allow your mind to base it's worldview on their shattered, and quite frankly ridiculous logic, until the point where you reject anything reasonable and/or reputable as a "tool" of the "world bankers" (By the way dude, the "World Banker" is just 2009's way of saying "Dirty Jew")

People like Alex Jones are not reputable people, their tactics rely on scare-mongering, ignorance, and half-truths and they make their living off the stupid, the lazy and the mentally deficient.

That's good company to find yourself in; enjoy your tinfoil hat I_Zik.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #42
Mir

I was considering responding to his post, but I'm glad I didn't, because I couldn't have done it as well as you just did.

P.s. I really dig your posts in general.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #43
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
I would rather follow someone who told you to ask questions and demand answers.
Read: the vast majority of conspiracy theorists.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Old 10-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #44
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
From the second I heard about this I thought it was way to early, THEN I heard about the fact that he had to have been nominated within two weeks of his inaugeration because of the deadline. Now I dont care how good of a president Obama may or may not be, but NOBODY can do anything worth a Nobel Peace prize in the first two weeks on the job. Now sure the money may be going to charity, but frankly if I were Mr. Obama, I would turn down the Nobel peace prize, unfortunately it is too late for that now.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #45
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
I was considering responding to his post, but I'm glad I didn't, because I couldn't have done it as well as you just did.

P.s. I really dig your posts in general.
Thanks. I am pretty awesome.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #46
I_Zik

Tin foil hat. You know I could almost see that for a moment. What would that do? Would it stop me from typing and looking up information? Exactly when did the post-modern era start up again? Oh yeah, 1949.
What happens if you find and study seemingly new technologies, and you find out they've been around for 30 some odd years? It isn't post modern to try to build cheap and get excellent quality. To renew resources as well.

I think the more importanrt point I'm trying to make of all of it is I didn't have your so called post-modern orgasm. Plus, I only wear hats when my head is cold. Tin foil is for cooking, and if you're already making them, then have one yourself first.

You only think you're awesome. Why are you lying even to yourself? It's just some behavior you picked up somewhere that basically ended up in you deluding yourself so completely that you don't even question it anymore.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #47
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
Maybe this will help.

*COLLECTIVE FACEPALM*
God Damn it! These boards can't go twenty posts without starting some sort of collective.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #48
I_Zik

I apologise for nothing.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #49
SweetJane

Likev I've said before, I ran a conspiracy page through myspace just to be in the hub of what's going on in the interwebs. If you know anything about legitimate research, it's easy to see how things fall together, and how Alex Jones is a complete bag of shit. If you're going to do the conspiracy thing, at least go through the effort to listen to Bill Cooper, who was actually killed by the FBI after half a lifetime of harassment from authorities (and I still can't be bothered to care what he had to say, either).

Alex Jones is so easi to debunk, even in for conspiracy theorists, when you look at his connection to the CIA, and how easily his shit travels to FOX news by way of asshats like Glenn Beck. I mean, come on, someone who's never heard of the FEMA Death Camps bullshit will go right on the internet after watching beck and get a shit-ton of hits for Alex Jones' bullshit. Alex Jones is just like all the other right-wing radio shows, except he isn't religious (but extemely homophobic) so he has that as a uniting factor for Americans who are scared the commies and queers are taking over the country.

By the way, I watched that whole movie when it first came out- it's fucking retarded. KRS-1 is a fucking musician, not a historian or otherwise qualified source. Plus he keeps putting in the meme of "Barack Hussain Obama". Christ.

Also- fuck Ron Paul.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #50
Despanan

Quote:
<Insane Rambling>
I do hope you're trolling dude...because that last post would have been perfect for my thread.

Anyway, I figure I should link this essay by Bill Whittle, it's a little old but still a great look at the conspiracy theory mindset and how truly diseased it is: Linky

It's also very long, so if you don't feel like reading the whole thing (though it's worth it) here are some Highlights:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Whittle
Occam’s Razor is the idea that when confronted with competing theories that explain certain data equally well, the simplest one is usually correct. It’s called Occam’s Razor, and not Occam’s Hypothesis, or Occam’s Theorem, or Occam’s Bit of Useful Advice, because it is a razor – it cuts cleanly and with great efficiency. And though it pains me to say so, this culture is in desperate need of a shave.
IT’S A CONSPIRACY!
I want to forgo the niceties of the hot towel and go straight for the jugular on this one. My goal here is not to bust any of these four conspiracy theories; that has all been done much more effictively elsewhere. What I am trying to do here is to build a chain of evidence to show a progressively deteriorating epidemic of world-wide insanity, of truly diseased thinking -- not just a misunderstanding or difference of opinion but real, diagnosable mental illness.
I want to get to that disease in a minute -- and the cause of it too – but first let’s examine what some people claim to believe in and the mountains of sand one has to carry in order to bury one’s head so deep.
Quote:
...Think about that, and weep. Think that there are people out there right now – people two cars over in traffic, or ahead of you in the check-out counter – who believe that our government is spraying high-altitude poisons designed to kill us all. That men and women – thousands of men and women – go to work every day, refilling the tankers with deadly chemicals, or flying top-secret missions in broad daylight indiscriminately spraying death down on their drinking buddies, fellow church-goers, co-workers, cousins and wives and children.
What kind of person--.
Excuse me. I’m sorry. I don’t do this often but I just can’t continue this calmly:
WHAT THE LIVING HELL IS THE MATTER WITH THESE PEOPLE?!!
I think it’s high time – and way, waaaay past high time -- to start pushing back against these kinds of diseased philosophies and the fact that they are getting traction because no one seems willing to point and them and go: HA HA!
This one is particularly relevant:
Quote:
You know who I blame for this pathetic state of affairs? I blame Leonard Nimoy. I remember watching In Search Of… as a teen and always being just a little disappointed that there was so little – you know, proof -- in any one of those episodes. In Search of Atlantis, In Search of Ghosts, In Search of Ancient Astronauts, In Search of the Bermuda Triangle, In Search of UFO’s..., In Search of, in other words, every conceivable hoax and superstition on the face of the planet. And I watched it in spite of the lack of actual proof and I believed it all because it presented one thin string of opinion and falsehood cloaked as "evidence" and no one rebutted a word of it.
“We’re just asking questions” was the official, voice-over disclaimer. You hear that too from the 9/11 Truth crowd when confronted with the lunacy of their claims. We’re just asking questions…

Well, in that vein I’d like to ask some questions myself. Is Michael Moore a serial pedophile? I’m just asking, and I’m sure a lot of my readers would just like to have some questions answered. I heard that Rosie O’Donell ate a baby at a Satanic Ritual once – is that true? Can you please provide the evidence that this did not in fact happen? Thanks. Who has murdered more hookers: Bill Maher or Charlie Sheen? Come on, you can’t tell me there’s no smoke there. I just want a possible explanation…
So that’s what it has come to now. We deserve better.
God damn it, we do.
And finally:
Quote:
If it’s not the the government then it’s the corporations...always the bad guys. Always guilty. Always fat white men ready to kill anyone for money.
Have these dramatists ever – EVER? – run a business? Have they any clue at all how much effort goes into keeping the French Fry station at McDonald’s adequately staffed, to say nothing about pulling together a few thousand people in spectacular acts of mass murder? Do they have any idea that the honest human men and women who work for the government are anything more than plot points in their own bitter narratives? Is there no end to the evidence – as if more evidence was needed – that we are daily led to believe the worst about our government, our businesses and our country by self-centered psychotics who understand nothing but the absolute imperative to glorify themselves at the expense of everyone and everything they share this civilization with?
And people believe this. Look at Rosie’s audience.
How much poison can you put into your veins before you are too weak to walk? Too weak to breed? And how much more of this poison I.V. drip is needed until you die? How many of these cultural suicide pills are we going to swallow before we start to wake up to the fact that dramatists – not the government – are going to kill us all?
When you look at what these people ask you to believe, to justify that naked, awful emptiness in their own souls and the horrible damage their lies are doing to our civilization – well, it’s enough to make you want to take Occam’s Razor out of its golden box and slit their miserable throats with it.
Quote: