Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #13451
Aaroneet

Yikes...

My family is officially one step closer to moving out of the apartment in which we lived for almost twenty years (Well, my parents anyway. I've lived there for seventeen, counting the year before I turned one). We made an offer on a three-bedroom apartment (one room for me, my parents, and my brother); said offer was accepted. A deal is in the works for our current apartment...We should be moved out by late September or early October!
Old 07-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #13452
Lucretia_my_Reflection

my tongue hurts :[ i got it pierced last night
Old 07-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #13453
kimaru

Suck on ice, I think thats what my mom did when she got her tongue pierced. It should help...or drink cold water...
Old 07-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #13454
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretia_my_Reflection
my tongue hurts :[ i got it pierced last night
Ouch, but I guess you liked the end result? When can we expect pictures of it, and of pretty you?

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #13455
Aaroneet

I hope your tongue feels better soon .
Old 07-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #13456
Solumina

I'm sorry, hopefully it will feel better soon
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #13457
Cappinator

I had a cat that died two years ago. One day I was having lunch with my mother and I asked how my cat was doing. She's suddenly startled and goes, "Oh my, I forgot to tell you. It died two weeks ago."

Aren't moms tha bomb?
Old 07-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #13458
Cyntrox

Meth took the words out of my mouth.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #13459
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappinator
I had a cat that died two years ago. One day I was having lunch with my mother and I asked how my cat was doing. She's suddenly startled and goes, "Oh my, I forgot to tell you. It died two weeks ago."

Aren't moms tha bomb?

:[ i hate it when pets die im so sorry this has happened, i will post pictures in about 2-3 weeks when its not gross last night it was disgusting..it bleed a little bit, i felt really ashamed once i got out the studio because i slobbered all over the piercer. She told me it was normal.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:49 PM   #13460
honeythorn

CAUTION Long post. I love Davesecretary He has insane childhood stories ( a guy on another forum ) I feel the need to share this, I found it amusing at least.

I must warn you he writes entirely in CAPS. Try to bear with it if you can ( I find it easier to imagine him shouting this story at you )

[ Originally Posted by Davesecretary

KYLE AND I HAVE A DUMB INSIDE JOKE THAT HAS BEEN WITH US FOR NEARLY FIFTEEN YEARS NOW. WHENEVER WE WALK BY A LARGE AMOUNT OF YELLOW SNOW ONE OF US HAS TO SAY "I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE A SQUIRREL PEED THERE".

---

ALRIGHT SO ONE COLD WINTERY AFTERNOON WHEN I WAS 9 OR 10 KYLE AND I DECIDE TO ENTERTAIN OURSELF BY GETTING OUR OTHER NEIGHBOR, EVAN, TO DRINK PEE. WE HAVE A BRILLIANT AND TOTALLY ORIGINAL PLAN WHICH LARGELY INVOLVES TELLING EVAN IT'S "APPLE JUICE". TO MAKE THINGS SEEM EVEN MORE NATURAL, WE DECIDE TO INVITE HIM UP INTO OUR TREE FORT FIRST, AND THEN, IN THE SPIRIT OF COMRADERIE, PRESENT HIM WITH A GLASS OF PEE.

THE NEXT STEP OBVIOUSLY INVOLVED PEEING IN A GLASS AND I DON'T FULLY REMEMBER HOW EXACTLY THAT WENT DOWN, BUT I REMEMBER WE HAD TO TRANSFER PEE USING A REMARKABLE AMOUNT OF CONTAINERS. I ALSO VAGUELY RECALL A BRIEF BUT INTERESTING CONVERSATION REGARDING THE COLOR AND QUALITY OF EACH OTHER'S URINE ONCE WE HAD RETURNED FROM OUR PARENT'S BATHROOMS WITH OUR BOTTLES. FUN STUFF. ANYWAY TOGETHER WE MANAGED TO FILL UP A LARGE GLASS WITH PEE AND CAREFULLY MADE OUR WAY TO THE TREE FORT. ONCE INSIDE WE PLACED THE JAR DOWN CAREFULLY ON A SMALL TABLE WE HAD SALVAGED FROM THE GARBAGE, AND STARTED WALKING TO EVAN'S PLACE.

HALFWAY THERE I WAS SUDDENLY REALIZED A SERIOUS FLAW IN OUR OTHERWISE INFALLIBLE PLAN. "KYLE!" I YELL OUT, "DON'T YOU THINK IT'LL LOOK WEIRD IF WE GET EVAN UP INTO THE TREE FORT AND TELL HIM TO DRINK HIS "APPLE JUICE" IF WE DON'T HAVE ANY OURSELVES?"

I HAVE TO RUN THIS THROUGH KYLE A FEW TIMES BEFORE HE UNDERSTANDS WHAT I'M GETTING AT, BUT WHEN HE DOES FINALLY REALIZE WHAT'S GOING ON HE GETS INTO GEAR AND WE RUN BACK HOME TO POUR TWO MORE GLASSES OF REAL APPLE JUICE. ONLY NEITHER OF OUR PARENTS HAVE REAL APPLE JUICE, SO WE COMPROMISE AND FILL UP OUR GLASSES WITH ORANGE JUICE, AND THEN PLACE THEM BY THE GLASS OF PEE. WE'RE NOW BOTH CONVINCED THAT ANY SUSPICIONS ON BEHALF OF EVAN WILL BE THOROUGHLY ALLEVIATED BY THE FACT THAT WE WILL DRINK A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COLORED BEVERAGE ALONGSIDE HIM.

WE GO OVER TO EVAN'S HOUSE AND KNOCK ON HIS DOOR. HIS MOM, A SUSPICIOUS AND ANGRY WOMAN, ANSWERS AND WE ASK IF EVAN CAN COME OUT AND PLAY. EVAN IS DELIGHTED AT THE IDEA. HIS MOM CASTS A FURIOUS GLANCE AT US AND SAYS "WHAT ARE YOU THREE GOING TO DO". IN THE MOST INNOCENT AND BEGUILING VOICE I CAN MANAGE I TELL THE ROTTEN WOMAN WE'RE GOING TO PLAY OUTSIDE. EVEN THOUGH WE'RE IN GRADE 4, EVAN'S MOM WAS THE KIND OF WOMAN WHO BELIEVED THAT CHILDREN, IF NOT MONITORED CONSTANTLY, WOULD IMMEDIATELY TAKE TO HABITUAL DRUG USAGE AND OTHER LUDE VICES. ANYWAY, SINCE MOST OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS ALWAYS WANTED TO HANG OUT WITH US, OBTAINING EVAN'S COMPANY ISN'T TOO DIFFICULT ONCE WE PLACATE HIS MOTHER. SO THE THREE OF US START WALKING BACK TO KYLE'S PLACE. EVAN ASKS US WHAT WE FEEL LIKE DOING. KYLE SUGGESTS THE TREE FORT. I CHIME IN WITH A "AND I COULD GO FOR SOME JUICE - I'M THIRSTY" IN THE MOST NON-CHALANT WAY POSSIBLE. EVAN AGREES AND WE ALL MAKE OUR WAY TO THE TREE FORT.

SO WE'RE ALL UP THERE AND KYLE'S LIKE "LET'S ALL HAVE SOME JUICE. HERE. THIS ONE IS FOR YOU." AND I'M SAYING ALL SORTS OF EQUALLY CLEVER AND CONVINCING DIALOGUE AND AFTER SOME CONFUSION WE'RE ALL STANDING IN THE TREE FORT LIKE IDIOTS HOLDING OUR RESPECTIVE GLASSES OF ORANGE JUICE AND PEE. I'M STARTING TO ACTUALLY GET KIND OF NERVOUS.

"WELL, THEN" I START, WHEN SUDDENLY EVAN'S MOM SHATTERS THE PEACEFUL WINTER DAY AND CRIES OUT "WHAT ARE YOU THREE DOING UP THERE!!!"

EVAN IMMEDIATELY RESPONDS WITH "DRINKING!!"

EVAN'S MOM SCREETCHES BACK WITH AN EAR-SPLITTING "WHAT?!?!" AND PROCEEDS TO START CLIMBING UP THE LADDER TO THE TREE FORT.

AT THIS POINT KYLE'S STEP-MOM (ALSO AN ANGRY WOMAN) STEPS OUTSIDE AND SEEING A CHANCE TO YELL AT CHILDREN BELLOWS "YOU'RE DOING WHAT?!"

BEFORE I CAN DIFFUSE THE SITUATION, EVAN SINGS OUT "WE'RE DRINKING APPLE JUICE!" KYLE'S STEP-MOM THEN YELLS OUT "WHEREDYA GET THE APPLE JUICE!??! WE DON'T HAVE ANY APPLE JUICE!@!!"

AND KYLE YELLS BACK "I FOUND SOME"

OF COURSE THIS RESULTS IN THE THREE OF US GETTING 'CALLED IN' TO DISCUSS WHERE EXACTLY WE GOT THE APPLE JUICE AND KYLE STUBBORNLY INSISTS HE "FOUND IT", "SOMEWHERE" AND MIRACULOUSLY HIS STEP-MOM AND EVAN'S MOM HAVEN'T ACTUALLY ASKED THAT WE BRING THE APPLE JUICE INSIDE FOR THEIR INSPECTION.

WE SORT OF KIND OF GET IN TROUBLE BUT ARE ALLOWED TO GO BACK OUTSIDE, SO WE RETURN TO THE TREE FORT. AT THIS POINT IT'S DARK OUTSIDE BECAUSE CANADIAN WINTERS ARE HORRIBLE AND IT'S CUSTOMARY FOR THE SUN TO GO DOWN AT LIKE 4:00PM OR SOMETHING EQUALLY RIDICULOUS. WE ALL TRUNDLE OVER TO THE TREE FORT TO DRINK OUR DRINKS (EVAN IS STILL INTO THIS FOR SOME REASON) ONLY TO FIND OUT NOBODY CAN TELL WHICH OF THE THREE DRINKS CONTAINS THE PEE. NOT WILLING TO TAKE ANY CHANCES, WE ALL DECIDE TO GO BACK TO THE HOUSE TO FIND A FLASHLIGHT.

YOU'D THINK BY NOW EVEN A SMALL ANIMAL WOULD HAVE HAD ITS SUSPICIONS THOROUGHLY AROUSED BY ALL THE GODDAMNED POMP & CIRCUMSTANCE SURROUNDING THE APPLE-JUICE-DRINKING, BUT IT'S ALL RIGHT OVER EVAN'S HEAD AND THE GAME'S STILL AFOOT.

THE THREE OF US RUMMAGE AROUND IN KYLE'S GARAGE AND SOON ENOUGH WE FIND A FLASHLIGHT. I'M EXHAUSTED AT THIS POINT BUT KYLE'S GOT A GLINT OF DETERMINATION IN HIS EYE TO SEE THIS THING THROUGH, SO WE ONCE AGAIN RETURN TO THE TREE FORT.

KYLE PUSHES THE BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FLASHLIGHT AND POINTS THE BEAM AT THE THREE GLASSES, NOW LIGHTLY FROSTED. THEN KYLE NOTICES HIS OWN BREATH. YOU CAN'T SEE IT IN THE DARK, BUT IN THE BEAM OF THE FLASHLIGHT THE WARM AIR EXHALED FROM HIS LUNGS TAKES ON MAGICAL SMOKY PROPERTIES AND ROLLS AROUND LIKE SOMETHING OUT OF DREAM. WE ALL INSTANTLY FORGET OUR PLANS AND BEGAN PASSING THE FLASHLIGHT AROUND AND EXHALING INTO IT.

AT THIS POINT EVAN'S FUCKING MOM RETURNS AGAIN AND YELLS OUT INTO THE DARK "NOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

AND THAT GODDAMNED RETARD EVAN YELLS OUT "WE'RE SMOKING!!"

AND EVAN'S MOM ONCE AGAIN SHRIEKS OUT "WHAT?!" AND BEGANS CHARGING TOWARDS THE TREEFORT LIKE A RHINO IN THE DARKNESS, AND KYLE'S STEP-MOM ALSO COMES OUT AGAIN AND IT'S LIKE A SCENE IN A BAD BRITISH COMEDY OR SOMETHING. I AM STARTING TO FEEL LIKE I'M IN SOME SORT OF PERPETUAL DEJA-VU AND I HISS AT KYLE "LET'S JUST GET THIS OVER WITH!" AND KYLE GRABS THE GLASS OF PEE, HANDS IT TO EVAN AND SAYS "DRINK THIS"

EVAN RAISES THE GLASS TO HIS LIPS WHEN THE TREEFORT IS SUDDENLY SHAKEN BY WHAT FEELS LIKE A SMALL EARTHQUAKE. IT WOULD APPEAR EVAN'S MOM TRIED TO CLIMB THE LADDER AGAIN BUT MISSED A RUNG IN THE DARKNESS AND PLUMMETED A FEW FEET BACK TO EARTH. EVAN RUNS TO THE ENTRANCE OF THE TREE FORT AND PEERS OUT INTO DEPTHS BELOW HIM AND YELLS OUT "MOM!", SPILLING MOST OF HIS GLASS IN THE PROCESS.

SOMEWHERE IN THE MURKY DEPTHS BELOW WE HEAR EVAN'S MOM, COMPLETELY ENRAGED, START YELLING OUT "ARE YOU POURING WATER ON ME?! ARE YOU POURING WATER ON ME?! ARE YOU POURING WATER ON ME?!" AND KYLE'S STEP-MOM ADDS TO THE DIN WITH HER STANDARD "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER?!" AND I AM SERIOUSLY ON THE VERGE OF LOSING MY MIND. I GRAB THE GLASS FROM EVAN AND QUICKLY EMPTY IT OUT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TREEFORT, AND QUICKLY POUR SOME OF MY ORANGE JUICE INTO THE GLASS. EVAN'S MOM IS RUNNING AROUND LIKE A WOUNDED ELEPHANT AND JUST SCREAMING AT EVAN TO COME DOWN OUT OF THE TREEFORT, AND KYLE AND I ALL BUT HURL HIM RIGHT OUT INTO THE NIGHT. THEN WE SORT OF JUST STAND THERE SHIVERING WHILE BELOW US EVAN AND HIS MOM REUNITE AND SHE DRAGS HIS PROTESTING ASS HOME.

THEN ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS DEAL WITH KYLE'S STEP-MOM. WE EXPLAIN TO HER HOW WE WERE JUST PRETENDING TO BLOW SMOKE USING THE FLASHLIGHT BEAM AND SHE CALMS DOWN SUFFICIENTLY. WE SEEM TO HAVE AVOIDED DISASTER, EVEN THOUGH WE DID NOT ACCOMPLISH WHAT WE SET OUT TO DO. WE DECIDE TO CALL IT A DAY.

THE FOLLOWING AFTERNOON WE GET HOME FROM SCHOOL ONLY TO FIND KYLE'S DAD WAITING FOR US. BEFORE WE CAN SAY ANYTHING HE IMMEDIATELY GRILLS KYLE ABOUT THE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF YELLOW SNOW PRESENT AROUND THE TREEFORT. AND KYLE, OF COURSE, IMMEDIATELY ISSUES THE RESPONSE WHICH, FIFTEEN YEARS LATER, I STILL CONSIDER TO BE ONE OF THE FUNNIEST THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD.]
Old 07-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #13461
Methadrine

Hehe, what a story... Well worth the pain of the caps-lock demon.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #13462
Aaroneet

I definitely pictured him shouting every word to my face at the top of his lungs. That was a good laugh.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #13463
Cappinator

Hilarious if it's true
Heck, even if it isn't.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #13464
honeythorn

Sadly all but one of his stories are in caps, which is why I will not post any more , it is painful to the delicate eye. I have no idea why he does it, but it works for him. He has a thread full of them, I sat for over an hour reading them and screeching with laughter . I really wish I'd had a childhood like that " My reeds , my fucking reeds!!" ahahahahahahahaaaaaaa...
Old 07-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #13465
honeythorn

He maintains they are all true. To be honest they are the sort of stories that are so ridiculous they have to be true.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:02 PM   #13466
Aaroneet

Just out of curiosity, on what forum did you find this?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #13467
honeythorn

Well I am part of the AFI forum ( yes yes I know, but I am entranced ) and from there someone gave a link to a site called Viva la vinyl. Basically a site/forum/messageboard for vinyl collectors. I'm not a member of that one since I do not own a record player , or indeed, collect vinyl.

Most of the people on there seem to like punk and hardcore ect..but inbetween threads saying things such as " selling 10 inch splits! " or " vlv smalltalk " you get loads and loads of wierd threads, and someone made a thread demanding his stories.

There was also a really good thread about shitting yourself, great and gross stories from mullet and Ia ( who I believe, have ibs syndrome and therefore shit themselves frequently ). I have saved both to my desktop for those times when I really need a good bellylaugh/writhing in pain from sides episode.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #13468
Aaroneet

That definitely will do the trick . I'll just revert to the story you posted every time I need to be cheered up...

Randomness: I can't stop listening to the song "Stand and Deliver" by Adam Ant. Damn addictive songs...
Old 07-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #13469
Cappinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroneet
That definitely will do the trick . I'll just revert to the story you posted every time I need to be cheered up...

Randomness: I can't stop listening to the song "Stand and Deliver" by Adam Ant. Damn addictive songs...
Ha! I'm just listening to their album Prince Charming! Stand and Deliver was just on!

Coincidence? I think not! Synchronicity!
Old 07-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #13470
Aaroneet

Dun Dun Duuunnnnn.........
Old 07-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #13471
Methadrine

and out of the blue, only six more days until I can order a new drummachine. Can't wait. *giddy as a little kid on christmas*

Old 07-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #13472
Cappinator

Why do you have to wait?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #13473
Methadrine

Payday.. I only get/order stuff when I know the money for it is on the account. I never get things in advance.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #13474
Cappinator

Argh, wish I was that smart. Visa is so easy and treacherous.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #13475
Aaroneet

I wonder if it's possible to go an entire life without ever owning a credit card in modern society...