Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #51
Mezon

I find that Christian Goths have a more poetic love for Jesus, more passionate, more accepting. This compared to other Chistians. Now if only I could find a Christian goth forum....
Mezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #52
honeythorn

WHY have you dug up a thread that's over two years old?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #53
Slap Your Love

I remember this thread. I've been here too long heh. :/
Old 10-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #54
~~Auriel~~

I'm a lot like you are Dark Templar...
I was raised by a Catholic Father and Methodist/Native American Spiritualist Mother. Both of whom stopped going to church because as children they saw a lot of gossip, judging, etc. My Mother's parents weren't rich, and had 7 children. They often couldn't afford to contribute. My Father's parents, on the other hand, had plenty of money to donate. When my Father (at 9 years old) asked the Father at his church why people HAD to donate and why people HAD to go to church, the Priest was very angry. He actually argued with my Grandfather and as a result, my Dad by his own choice, stopped going. My options as a child were "Go if you want to, and I'll/We'll go with you, or don't...you don't have to."
My Dad also told me that if I wanted to learn about GOD (all caps for respect), I didn't need to go. I could read the bible, pray, and worship whenever I wanted to. So that's what I did. Thus arriving at my own definition of what my religion is. Which is mostly Christian, but also has some Zen Buddhist influences, as well as Native American Spiritualism.
I think being goth is more of a mindset than what most of us are willing to admit. Having this mindset doesn't dictate our religions respectively.
I think being goth has also evolved from what was first, the music scene, into something more. It is only those who "judge a book by it's cover" who have given us the stereotype of Satan worshippers and what not. The truth is, most people are afraid of what they don't understand.
I know it was said before and forgive me (I'm new to this forum), I don't remember who said it; but I agree: don't fall prey to the stereotypes or judgements of others. Define your own path as you see fit!
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:41 AM   #55
Fae-wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Templar
I soo agree. I enjoyed going to church untill this old man begunn to haraz me bechouse he toth i "looked like a Satanist" yea like HE hav the right to judge! I dident even know the man.
eh....the satanist i met wear regular day clothing
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #56
Azure Meriden

Searched the boards for something about this. Is this thread still alive?

I can relate with Auriel, I mean, My family is Roman Catholic and the part of my life that I could relate with that is about the gossip and judging of the people in the community. I meant community as the prayer group my family joined. Everybody is ok, except for the gossip and some people being judgmental and all. Anyway, My Mom just stopped going to prayer meetings but still retained her strong faith in God as well as go to church and her obligations as a catholic . She just doesn't want to get involved with the other side of it. Otherwise, she found some good friends there who she has been with and trusted for a long time now.

As for me, I avoid such instances and just focus on the teachings. You know, being Christ-like or following Christ's footsteps as well as still following my obligations like going to church. Honestly, sometimes I feel lost in this world. I know there are other people like me as well as heard. I've met some and made handful of good friends similar to me. I just feel lost sometimes when I feel im overwhelmed by other goths who have a negative take on Christianism based on some lines in the bible or some event that made the church look bad in a way. But nevertheless, im not taking it against them, Its just that it can't be helped anyway, since its still man's doing (events). As for the lines taken from the bible, personally I would not take it as it is, but rather its supposed to be reflected upon and understand what the message really is.

Dunno if this thread is still alive but I wish to meet other people like me here. ^__^
Azure Meriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #57
PortraitOfSanity

I'm not sure if there's any (credible) members who are active Christians.

And just to point out, most people who are against Christianity, in particular the Catholic Church, are that way not because of "a few lines in the bible". I'm fine with the Bible (at least the New Testament), Jesus was a decent bloke and all, even after you take out the obvious exaggerations.

It's what's done in his name that's blatantly hypocritical and, frankly, inexcusable. People can interpret the Bible anyway they want to suit their needs. And when those needs include controlling a group of people like a flock of sheep, you get modern Christianity.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #58
jack_the_knife

Why necro a thread that's been dead since October?
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #59
Azure Meriden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity

It's what's done in his name that's blatantly hypocritical and, frankly, inexcusable.

Aye, that's what makes me sad. I guess its the same thing for others too.

Anyway, if this thread has been necro for awhile like what Jack_the_knife says, then so be it. It just so happens that I found this thread. Lol

Anyway, thanks guys! ^__^
Azure Meriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #60
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Why necro a thread that's been dead since October?
Better than starting a new one?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #61
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I'm not sure if there's any (credible) members who are active Christians.

And just to point out, most people who are against Christianity, in particular the Catholic Church, are that way not because of "a few lines in the bible". I'm fine with the Bible (at least the New Testament), Jesus was a decent bloke and all, even after you take out the obvious exaggerations.

It's what's done in his name that's blatantly hypocritical and, frankly, inexcusable. People can interpret the Bible anyway they want to suit their needs. And when those needs include controlling a group of people like a flock of sheep, you get modern Christianity.
HumanePain is pretty credible and he's a Christian.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #62
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Better than starting a new one?
True, but I find the threads purpose to be redundant as it is.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote