Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:52 AM   #1251
Wise Child

Until I find the bitch!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:54 AM   #1252
succubus,queenofvampires

Well,until she sees this pic.....

Johnny Depp is the hottest of all hotties!!!!No matter how old he gets,he keeps on getting hotter....
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #1253
Beowulf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Yeah, my husband and I always expect him to say something like, "It's the Matrix, dude!" *air guitar* then Morpheus slaps the back of his head.

Ladies and gentlemen, from San Dimas California, opening for Iron Maiden, its the...

Wild Stallions

Excellent *makes guitar widdling sounds*
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #1254
She_Is_My_Sin

I watched Twelve Monkey's. It is the one of the two films I can stand Brad Pitt in.I like his character alot in it too, even if he is insane.
& that Johnny/Orlando pic...that was good.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #1255
Beowulf

Smile

Mars Attacks

and

Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park

Old 02-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #1256
ennui

Brothers Grimm - meh..not what i had hoped for
ennui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #1257
cyberJade

Last Friday, I saw Big Momma's House 2. It's a pretty good movie. The best part is when
Big momma is at the beach with her revealing yellow bathing suit. lol. I am also planning to see Date Movie. A dumb comedy similar to Scary Movie 1,2, and 3. Yeah...
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:27 AM   #1258
Blushing Heliophobe

Why, what is with the movie? I haven't heard of it yet.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:03 AM   #1259
Blushing Heliophobe

Nevermind. I just looked at it through Amazon. I would be highly suspicious of the character of anyone who reccomends it for reasons other than it being a "part of a program on the history of cinema" seeing as apparently it caused a ridge in the film industry and had a lot of real - life effects on society after its release.

I like 'Gone With The Wind' but I wouldn't promote the racial undertones of the book, and it looks like that is exactly what was intended by him hawking the 'theme' of the film.

Idiots.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:15 AM   #1260
Lady Ravenna

The last movie I watched was some random-ness on the SciFi channel. It was called the Forsaken. It was terrible. I was NOT impressed to say the least. Waste of film, Waste of time is what I say.

Blessed Be
Lady Ravenna
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #1261
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Beowulf, a friendly request? I don’t as much care about the last title you watched, as your thoughts on it.

Hey! Guess what! I just watched the Man from Snowy River!

*did not!*

Did so!

*nuhuh!*

Uhuh!

*Get out of town!*

I not only got out of town! I rode back, with the Man from Snowy River!

Garh.
I don't get it. But I also have seen that particular movie.

I do like Kiss meets The Phantom of the Park, in all it's glowy cheesy goodness. But most probably you'll find me glued to the screen drooling over Gene Simmons.

:}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #1262
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
I do not watch a lot of TV for i believe it's a waste of time. (actually, it depends on the show) Therefore, I'm not familiar with much Film-Noir "flicks" to have a favourite.What's yours,Pathogen?
QUEENOFDARKNESS57: First off, with the exception of several adult cartoons ["King of The Hill", "Family Guy", "American Dad", "The Simpsons" & "South Park"] & maybe the Weather Channel, most Amerikkkan television programmes since 2001 went down the tubes. My favourite Film-Noir flicks will require a totally seperate post. So get ready to do some reading.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #1263
Pathogen.

QUEENOFDARKNESS57:My favourite Film-Noir movies are:

*Sin City [2005].

*L.A. Confidential [1997].

*Last Man Standing [1997] [most violent one ever].

*Scarface [1932 Howard Hawks version with Paul Muni as Tony].

*Sunset Boulevard [1950].

*The Postman Always Rings Twice" [1946 version with Lana Turner, Hume Cronyn, John
Garfield & the future Fred Flintstone, Alan Reed].

*Brute Force [1949].

*Detour [1947].

*Raw Deal [1947].

*Diabolique [1955 French version].

*White Heat [1947] [best James Cagney movie ever].

*Scarlet Street [1945].

*Mildred Pierce [1949] [loved the movie, still hate Joan Crawford].

*Baby Face [1933] [one of Barbara Stanwyck's best roles].

*Gilda [1946].

*The Killers [1946].

*The Narrow Margin [1950].

*Criss-Cross [1952].

Plus: Anything with Orson Welles, Niagra [1953] & Don't Bother To Knock [1952], both with Marilyn Monroe.

OK. So the 1st 3 movies on the list were Neo-Noir flicks. But they count
Old 02-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #1264
pitseleh

Good Bye Lenin

Fantastic German film about the dissolution of communist East Germany and its consequences for a boy and his mother, to not spoil the plot, which I think is described on the back of the DVD, but nevertheless... I loved everything about this film. The actors are great, the narration (by the boy), the way it describes this period in history in such a personal way, the music by Yann Tiersen (who did Amélie, which is also lovely, and similarly engaging on a human level) and just the whole aesthetic of it hits all the right spots. Made me feel all nostalgic about a time and place I've never even experienced, which is as good a testament as any to the emotional impact it has. If I hadn't watched it with a friend of mine, I would probably have cried at least thirteen times. As it was, I mostly laughed, and got goosebumps every five minutes, which is good too. Highly recommended, definitely. Will have to buy it soon...
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #1265
pitseleh

Sorry for the possibly jumbled past/present tense of my post there.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #1266
KeltikAon

The last movie I watched at home was Ju-On. I have to admit that after I saw the original, the Grudge made a lot more sense to me. Of course, watching Ju-On makes watching the Grudge a lot more painful.

The last movie I saw in the theater was Underworld Evolution. I still haven't gotten over my disappointment and I am a little irate that I will never get back those two hours of my life. A shame really, because I liked the first one.
KeltikAon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:06 AM   #1267
PhilSmith

Dark Star. An early sci-fi film by John Carpenter and Dan o'Bannon. Four disfunctional freaks on a scout ship under orders to blow up unstable planets. With talking bombs and the least convincing alien ever.

That was a couple of weeks ago, mind. Might watch it again tonight. I'm in a nerdy mood. (No changes there.)
PhilSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #1268
Pathogen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
For a good listing of film noir, check out the books "Dark City-The Lost World Of Film Noir" and "Dark City Dames", both by Eddie Muller (also the author of the awesome "Grindhouse"). Muller straddles the line between film-geek and intellectual without talking down to the readers. both are informative and fun.
LOY: I've read "Dark City Dames" during the Xmas/Kwanzaa/Chanukkah holiday weekend. Great book! Thanks to reading it, Marie Windsor, Coleen Gray & Audrey Totter are my new favourite oldschool actresses. There was another actress mentioned in the book from the ATL, my old hometown. She came to Hollywood in the 1940s this poor White bigot with a thick Southern accent, no acting skills & great looks. After meeting/dating/eventually marrying director Charles "King" Vidor, this ATLien Film-Noir actress spoke with better diction, became more Liberal [especially in the race-relations area], learned other languages & landed some choice film roles. She also had director/actor/ranch owner John Huston as her 2nd husband, then divoriced him & left Hollywood in the dust. Once again, great book! Muller did his homework. Fully. Haven't read "Dark City" yet. Speaking of Coleen gray, she came to S.F. to be guest speaker at a 2-week long Film-Noir movie festival called Noir City at the Palace of Fine Arts in Seacliff [the rich part of town--love the mansions, hate its snobby, classist occupants]. I missed her appearance! Damn.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #1269
Beowulf

Hidden Fortress Dir. Akira Kurosawa

This is one of my all time favourite Japanese films, and if you watch this film alongside Star Wars Episode 4, you will see some interesting similarities in the story, as this film was a major influence on George Lucas.

Old 02-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #1270
Demon Eyes

^^^
I like Akira Kurosawa films, I especially enjoyed Kakushi-toride no san-akunin, I mean talk about it being an old film. I also enjoyed Shichinin no samurai, Yojimbo, Ichiban utsukushiku, and Tengoku to jigoku. I think Akira was a great director and writer. I was saddend when I heard of his passing 8 years ago.

Well recently I just finished watching the movies Audition and Another Heaven. I thought they were really good movies not to mention pretty entertaining.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:11 AM   #1271
wild spider

oo audition is a bitchin film

i was a "party" (i use the term loosly, it sucked) and about 2 hours into it everyone was pretty diddled and some fool stuck Saw 2 on...

i apreciate its a good film, but an absolute mood killer for a party.
wild spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:57 PM   #1272
cannibalnuns

Warlock III : The End Of Innocence
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:36 AM   #1273
Pathogen.

A documentary about the slave mutiny aboard the Amistad. Actress Alfre Woodard narrates, with character voices/co-narration by actors Charles Durning & Brock Peters. Just something I felt like watching to commermorate Black History Month.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:05 AM   #1274
wild spider

sounds like a blast....
wild spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #1275
Beowulf

Cool There are two kinds of people in this world...

A Fistful of Dollars

A Few dollars More

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Man With No Name: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig

Three classics from Sergio Leone, one of the best directors ever.