Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #3951
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Dolphins have been known to hump just about anything, from fish to turtles to rocks to people.
Makes me wonder how many people who are into bestiality study dolphins.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #3952
Saya

I'm sad, mom took the dogs back while I was out didn't think she'd come by until Thursday.

I'm also wondering how much I should rub it in Versus's face that I'm going to go see Captain America this week.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #3953
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I'm sad, mom took the dogs back while I was out didn't think she'd come by until Thursday.

I'm also wondering how much I should rub it in Versus's face that I'm going to go see Captain America this week.
sorry to hear about the dogs

Rave about how good it is, even if it isn't.

Looks like a great movie though.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #3954
Geoluhread

Next year I'm moving but I still don't know where :O
Wherever I get accepted. I might be able to see anyone of you on the forums in person :O
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #3955
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
Wherever I get accepted. I might be able to see anyone of you on the forums in person :O
Canada's pretty cool, just saying.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #3956
Grausamkeit

She's just Saya'n!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #3957
Fruitbat

Quote:
Canada's pretty cool, just saying.
Australia's warmer

Oh and Captain America looks like a kickass movie to see..

I'm arguing with my sister in law about the trial of the nutjob who shot all those people in Norway. She thinks that by watching the trial, it will give the guy power. Unless he has some sort of psychic ability I'm not sure how it will work....

I'm going to read about it, because I really want to know what makes that guy tick.

Guess at the end of the day i have issues with words like "that will give him power" and "closure" why the fudge do people say "Oh if I know why someone did this, it will give me closure." Seriously there is no such thing, they are fuckers move on already.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #3958
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Australia's warmer

Oh and Captain America looks like a kickass movie to see..

I'm arguing with my sister in law about the trial of the nutjob who shot all those people in Norway. She thinks that by watching the trial, it will give the guy power. Unless he has some sort of psychic ability I'm not sure how it will work....

I'm going to read about it, because I really want to know what makes that guy tick.

Guess at the end of the day i have issues with words like "that will give him power" and "closure" why the fudge do people say "Oh if I know why someone did this, it will give me closure." Seriously there is no such thing, they are fuckers move on already.
I kinda get what she means. One of my textbooks for a course I'm doing was about serial and mass killers, and what motivates them. Now his seems far more politically motivated than lets say Ted Bundy or the DC snipers, but mass murderers do have a sort of status, and it could be that their numbers keep rising despite the murder rate becoming lower because they want that status, you know?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #3959
Fruitbat

Saya, could their numbers be rising from their need to be noticed? Isn't that why they do it (or their "I'll teach them a lesson") sort of mentality.

He's already had is powertrip when he was planning and doing this event. Me watching/reading isn't going to make any difference. Because instead of thinking "I'm giving him power over me" I'll be thinking "Why the fuck does someone do something like this?"

And having power over someone is just a perception thing. People only have power over you if you let them.?

Are you going to be watching/reading anything about the trial?

Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #3960
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Saya, could their numbers be rising from their need to be noticed? Isn't that why they do it (or their "I'll teach them a lesson") sort of mentality.
Oh definitely. A lot of them have issues with inferiority, Ted Bundy for example felt inadequate because he always wanted to be higher class and was embarrassed by his middle class family, was failing law school and was rejected by a higher class woman. So he took it out on other women he thought were higher class. Kemper did this too, he was very troubled when he started to suspect one of his victims looked much richer than she really was. But they want to get noticed and get revenge on society for their failings, and our culture has immortalized them, you know?

Like I said I think this guy seems a bit different, although we can't say for sure yet, but mass murderers, the kind that take out a lot of people at once, like the Columbine kids, usually expect to die while commiting their crime and most of the time they do. I'm surprised they got him alive.

Quote:
He's already had is powertrip when he was planning and doing this event. Me watching/reading isn't going to make any difference. Because instead of thinking "I'm giving him power over me" I'll be thinking "Why the fuck does someone do something like this?"

And having power over someone is just a perception thing. People only have power over you if you let them.?

Are you going to be watching/reading anything about the trial?
I am going to be following this, yes, I'm just saying I do understand that we might be feeding into his desire to be in the spotlight by doing so, and I get why some people don't want to give him that kind of attention. But I think we should really pay attention to things like this, and just police ourselves from glamourizing them as monsters and see them for the pathetic people they are, you know?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #3961
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
WISCONSIN! or Lousiana, or Florida..... really not sure where I'll be a year from now.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #3962
Geoluhread

I wish I can be in lots of places at once so I get to meet all of you !!

Saya I looked for unis in Canada but I couldn't find ones with appealing programs =(
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #3963
Catch

Wooo! It's getting hot but not too hot. It's almost August though. It'll probably be too hot soon and then I'll be waiting for winter when it snows.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #3964
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Saya I looked for unis in Canada but I couldn't find ones with appealing programs =(
Did you mean appealing or appalling? ha!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #3965
Fruitbat

Quote:

Like I said I think this guy seems a bit different, although we can't say for sure yet, but mass murderers, the kind that take out a lot of people at once, like the Columbine kids, usually expect to die while commiting their crime and most of the time they do. I'm surprised they got him alive.
This is why I'm going to watch the trial...

Over here in 1996, I think, we had a nutjob go loose in Pt Arthur, killed 36 people, including two little girls 4 and 6 who he chased into the forest and executed.

No one hero worshipped him and I think the Australian population would have liked to have seen him strung up for his crimes, particularly what he did to the little girls (their mother told the girls to run and tried to distract the guy while her children ran but she was killed and he just went after the kids)

I'm always curious about what actually made them snap and do something like that.

I always thought it would be cool to be an FBI profiler.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #3966
Ben Lahnger

NO RELIEF IN SIGHT

I don't even want to hear what the Heat Index ("feels-like temperature") is for those days. Sheesh! But I'm not complaining (otherwise I would have put this in Whining.)

We have a lot of homeless people around our store, including one gentleman named "Cuba" that we've kinda adopted. His entire family (except his teenage daughter) died in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina, and now he sleeps somewhere behind our building. I worry about him and others like him.

He comes in sometimes to put time on his prepaid phone so he can call his daughter (who lives with foster parents at this time) and kinda acts like our unofficial security guard. He watches the store and our cars so people don't mess with them.

One night, my coworker went home, forgot to lock the door and left me alone. Cuba opened the door and said, "You don't want to be leaving your door unlocked at night in this neighborhood, boss. There's bad people around here who might rob you!" I said, "Thanks for looking out for me, Cuba!"

I might have to buy a case or two of water today to take to the store, so I can share it with him this week.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 07-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #3967
Versus

Is it a bad thing I don't know what you're talking about when you mention a serial killer in Norway?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #3968
Geoluhread

Ramadan starts tomorrow! For people who don't know, it's the fasting month for Muslims I hope it won't be that hard with all the heat.
But I'm really excited !!

We usually see our relatives (we're pretty close) and some of them come back to the country to spend this month with our family.
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 08-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #3969
Saya

Happy Ramadan!

I'm obsessed with these cartoons now, and now I want to knit a mameshiba:

http://youtu.be/mjmQw3JaTsE
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10 AM   #3970
Ben Lahnger

Wait! What? Marvel comics killed off Peter Parker?

Whaaaaaaaaat thhhhhhhhhhhhe heeeeeeeeeeeck?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 08-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #3971
Solumina

Jake and I went out yesterday and got pedicures together, but I couldn't convince him to get a pretty color, apparently he doesn't think that will go over too well at meps (which he will be going to as soon as the god damn army gives his paper work to the navy, so it could be as soon as next monday or it could be weeks).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #3972
Saya

I'm more than likely adopting a new cat, she's a tuxedo cat who has white paws, and her foster mom is calling her Bootsy and wants us to keep that name, so me and my sister decided we'll make her last name von Bootsy so we can get her a new name too.

I had a stroke of genius at that point to call her Katharina von Bootsy. Get it? like Katharina von Bora? Who was a nun before she married Martin Luther? *kneeslap*.

Robyn doesn't appreciate how witty that is, though. I think we're going with Maleficent.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #3973
Catch

I am tired, but staying up anyway. My sleep clock is all out-of-whack so going to muscle through it. Maybe I'll tape a new singing vid.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 AM   #3974
Angelic Dissonance2

Sleep schedule wrecked; new experimental tracks from the mind of Angelic Dissonance; working on a certain mixtape for a certain somebody; got interview at Incredipets! I'm so excited to see if they call back; I really hope I get the job.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #3975
honeythorn

Skimmed milk, banana protien powder, a banana, some blueberries and slightly odd ingredient of the moment? ....half an avocado. It looks vile and is a greyish colour with blackish bits of blueberry skins floating about.....but it has a really smooth texture and tastes really really good actually...hrmmmm
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote