Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-07-2015, 02:52 AM   #426
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1aP1sm View Post
What is UnGoth about Me???
Well I guess that depends on what you consider Goth.

If I had to pick one thing, I guess it would be my love for fishing. It's one of my only daylight activities. I have always been intrigued by the unknown lurking beneath the surface. I even tie my own fly fishing lures.

At the waters edge I can enjoy peaceful contemplation,
And I can also hide from the rest of you.

So... Yeah, Fishing!

And while a Tiger Musky might not be Goth,
It certainly is GRINDCORE on 4 lbs. test.
I love the sea too and I used to go spear fishing but living in Australia this was a very risky sport to say the least. I loved it and would often spend up to four hours in the water. I saw sharks on three occassions and eventually gave it up but I'm still drawn to the sea. Have you ever been diving?
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:43 AM   #427
Acharis

I hate goths.

What are you all doing here? You're lost. Get out of my golf club.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #428
Pr1aP1sm

StormBringer,
Spear Fishing in Australian Waters does sound risky (Almost a bit Crazy), But I bet it's beautiful down there. I usually do fresh water, but I have a few salty hiding places.
No, I have never been diving. I am actually a poor swimmer, and will no longer get on a boat. As a child, I had many dreams about drowning. The boat would always flip over and I would sink down, unable to move. Sometimes as I sank a large animal (Fish... I think) would swim above me, and with a huge eye, stair into me... It wasn't frightening until after I woke. This dream might actually have saved my life on one occasion.
If I let myself believe in reincarnation, I might say that's how I checked out last time. So maybe when I'm at the waters edge I fell like I'm picking up where I left off the last time around.
Sounds goofy... I'm sure, but these are the things I find myself thinking...
Sometimes...
Maybe one day I'll make it to Australia to do some Fishing for Murray Cod, Golden Perch, or what ever bites. I've always wanted to go there.
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:48 PM   #429
Stormbringer

Risky, yes but that was part of the attraction. Of course I always hunted fish I could eat and spent hours seaching for rarely seen and gorgeous animals like leafy sea dragons (an amazing species of sea horse) brittle stars and a large, beautiful purple-red sea urchin that is native to South Australian waters (Phyllacanthus parvispinus). I've been diving with penguins, seals, giant cuttlefish, wobbegongs (a harmless carpet shark) and dolphins. Naturally, since this is Australia I've also encounterd sharks, huge sting rays, the blue-ringged (poisonous) octopus, stinging jellyfish, venomous cone shells and deadly sea-snakes. The sea snake was very curious and started following me thinking I was some top predator!

But the biggest buzz of all was night diving - with a heavy duty waterproof flashlight of course. Night diving is just awesome, you see a variety of bizzare sea creatures that are hiding during the day :huge swimming worms, bio-luminescent squid, fish with huge eyes and holothurians, or sea-cucumbers that emerge from the sand in large numbers. It's a totally alien world. But the best thing is being able to turn off your light and be surrounded by utter silence and utter darkness, then diving to the bottom and floating up on your back until you break the surface and see the stars - a beautiful and profoundly moving experience. Possibly the closest thing to being back in the womb I guess.

I've had similar dreams to you, where I've either drowned or dreamt that I could breathe water and descend deeper and deeper into the darkness eventually finding some sort of treasure or a lost artifact (often a skull actually) Poetic and lovely, terrifying and at all times beautiful - that's the sea!
Old 11-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #430
skarla.marxxx

My attraction to vintage and psychobilly style, which I mix up between goth outfits.
skarla.marxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:32 AM   #431
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarla.marxxx View Post
My attraction to vintage and psychobilly style, which I mix up between goth outfits.
Psychobilly? Well that's a new one on me. Vintage on the other hand has been a mainstay of goth style since the early 80s (talking as one who was actually there) I remember when out state theatre company had a costume clearance sale in about 1985 - the goth hordes (arguably fewer in number in Adelaide then) were there in force. I bought an 18th century style loose cotton 'pirate' shirt that I wore for many years and a black robe that had been used in a production of Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Marriner.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:52 PM   #432
skarla.marxxx

True! I used a very limited definition of the word "vintage". My Doc Martens I still have and wear from 1997 are now considered vintage. I meant to say I like the pinup style, as well. Though, being goth is obviously about more than just the fashion. I will always identify as goth at my core.
skarla.marxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:56 PM   #433
SoftShocks

I never dye my hair. I like to wear earty tones more than blacks. When I dress as a girl, I usually go for a more girly girl look than a goth look.
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #434
Rats

I am obsessed with animals, to an unhealthy degree... :P .
I always wear mismatching socks.
I LOVE going to the Puget sound and swimming in the cold saltwater, also lakes around me when they aren't infested with weird diseases and stuff (Once I went in anyways and that was not fun..) but I HATE public swimming pools!
Also, I naturally have black hair but I sometimes dye it strange colors, (Right now it is TARDIS blue and deep green).
Rats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #435
Rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLunaxx View Post
I love horse back riding...perhaps that is considered "ungoth"? Or depending on how you look at it not so ungoth.
Well, are you riding black horses
I am very into horseback riding, I have a job at a local farm where I work to get free horseback riding. I would love to possibly talk to another goth who is into that kind of thing as well!
Rats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:18 PM   #436
HappyHaunt13

I am an avid Disney fan. In fact, I could spend all day at Disneyland/world and be extremely happy. I loooooove David Bowie, Alice Cooper, and have an undying love for Roddy McDowell and Freddie Mercury. I love doing the little candy kits from Japan. They're so cool!
HappyHaunt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:23 AM   #437
Stormbringer

Oh yeah, and about this entire thread - In the same way that an artist decides what is and what is not art; anything that an avowed goth does or any place that he/she visits, that activity or place then becomes goth....Disneyland included.

You can lend your dark aura to any place you choose HappyHaunt.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:37 AM   #438
Anise

Bats Day @ Disney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQq-TxoEJbg
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:36 PM   #439
Stormbringer

Er-kay, Well, I've learnt something. I approve !
Old 02-07-2016, 12:35 AM   #440
laughing goth

Um there was sunshine,and laughter, its DisneyWorld the horror.

But Black Friday gets plus points for using Haunted Mansion as a Inspiration for home decoration.
laughing goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #441
Joey Marr

An ungoth thing about me is my girlfriend isn't goth :P
Joey Marr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:19 PM   #442
Videogirl88

This is a hard question... Well, I've never been to a goth nightclub, but I don't think there are any here anyways. I'd like to go, if I could.
Videogirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:29 AM   #443
batbratwolfheart

gothic otaku

okay so i totally am a goth but...i watch anime actually that all i watch well.. that nad horror films im pretty much your average goth i listen to marilyn manson likedark and creepy thing but im also an otaku
batbratwolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:22 AM   #444
Anise

I bought a GIANT bunny cuddly toy 2 days ago, I'm not even sorry.
His name is Bob, whilst he's not particularly Goth he is grey & white and squishy.
I love him and I'm shameless o.O
Old 03-05-2016, 04:57 PM   #445
Ellethwyn

i don't like halloween.

And i don't wear black makeup. I do, however, wear white makeup, but i like to wear all black clothes. I'm a kind of hybrid, i suppose.
Ellethwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:12 AM   #446
Anise

Oooo you're rocking my socks with the Hallows disdain lol
What aspect irks you? For me personally, it's a lovely festival that has mutated; now marred with cheap plastics and tainted by kitsch. I think of Hallows as a time when the wheel slows, a sacred time to remember ancestors and give thanks for harvest. I prefer to mark it with natural adornments; wood, herbs, stones and fire lol .. but even I have relented and acquired the odd skull, spider and ghost .. attempting a happy medium

I LIKE HYBRID I celebrate that!
After dyed black locks for years I now go with blonde, but black clothing is my comfort zone and I shall never relent! Just the other day during a walk through a town it struck me, black affords me to appreciate the colours and the light around me .. at least that's how it feels to me?
Old 03-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #447
Ellethwyn

Yep! You took the words from my mind. That is exactly how I feel about it.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #448
Ellethwyn

^^lol I don't know why I worded it like that ( i'm such a dunce), but yeah... you pretty much took the words right out of my mouth about Halloween!

I'm such a freakin hippy. I had way too much fun doing shibori with indigo yesterday.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:23 AM   #449
Acharis

To be honest these days I dress like ass. Doesn't change anything of substance though.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #450
Anise

Woah loving the indigo!
Stop you tempting me with hues lol

Oh hell yeah, I've been in track bottoms and an overly large hoody all day.
At least I pushed myself to clamber out of my pj's I suppose ..
It was a 3 outta 10 for effort kinda day.