Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
BoneyC

Question Shaved Off Eyebrow Maintenance

I just want to hear some experiences and tips on keeping shaved eyebrows. I am considering taking off mine but I still am not so sure about it.
BoneyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
Miss Absynthe

I had mine off for a number of years, but I waxed and didn't shave. I used to draw on designs, and quite miss doing that each day.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
BoneyC

I might stick to plucking them, I break out in hives when I wax Why did you grow them back?
BoneyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
ape descendant

Careful with plucking them, after a while the follicles can get damaged, then they grow back patchy until they heal.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
Miss Absynthe

I grew mine back when I shaved my head.. not for a specific reason, other than I preferred how I looked with eyebrows when my head was bare.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
Acharis

You're braver than I am on the maintenance alone. Friends have done it and they need to draw them back on every day or look a tad weird without them.

I'd advise to cover them the way theater students and drag queen do to try out the look before you commit. Wax, sealer, foundation... or a pov way is to drag wet soap over until coated and then cover with makeup. The internet has plenty of stuff on how to.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
FlorenceFearne

Yeah, I'd think twice about this. I have very sparse, light colored brows naturally, so shaping them leaves me with very little. I refuse to so much as leave the house without putting on my eyebrows now, because I feel like a weird alien missing my facial features. If you shaved, you'd be in my same boat, but more so. Consider if you'd feel comfortable being seen without eyebrows, and if not, whether you're willing to commit to penciling them in all the time.
FlorenceFearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #8
phalanxx

I second the not plucking/waxing. I'm trying to grow mine back after a few years of waxing them completely off, and they are growing back weird and patchy. (Also I swear there are hairs growing outside of where my eyebrows used to be) If you rip the hair out of the follicle over and over, it damages it. Shaving it at least lets the hair keep growing, even if it's stumpy.
phalanxx is offline   Reply With Quote