Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-16-2006, 03:35 AM   #1
dark_dragon_of_ice

daemon test

Ok this is a test to figure out what your animal your daemon would be (The daemons in the dark matarials trilogy)

http://quizilla.com/users/wolfcaroli...r%20Daemon%3F/
I got
RAVEN - Your daemon may be a member of the crow family. You are intelligent, observant, and gregarious. Just as a crow or raven picks shiny objects out of the dirt, you pick up tidbits of information or ideas and store them away. You have a good sense of humour, but sometimes lose patience with people who are antipathic to your nature. You are swift to alert others when you find the truth, and you have no tolerance for those who would hide it.
Take this quiz!
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:57 AM   #2
bleedingheart344

EAGLE or HAWK - your daemon may be some kind of bird of prey. Yours is a strong spirit, and a fierce sense of liberty. You cannot be confined. You may be shrewdly observant, and like to be aware of everything that goes on around you. You will fight fiercely for the things that are most important to you, and you are definitely a force to be reckoned with. Still, you are not vicious by nature and would prefer to be left in peace. You probably value your solitude very highly - not that you don't enjoy company, but sometimes you just need to be alone - otherwise you begin to feel caged in and confined. You might want to take a drive on your own, just to feel the road beneath you, or to sit alone on your balcony, watching the world go by.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:50 AM   #3
Mr_Knuckles

SNAKE - your daemon may be a snake. You are intelligent, and are willing to resort to intimidation to protect yourself or get what you want. Unfortunately, sometimes you might intimidate people accidentally - you are often misunderstood. You might be good at adapting yourself to situations and getting yourself out of tight fixes. You are a survivor.
Mr_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:03 AM   #4
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
EAGLE or HAWK.
me too.

The test is cool, I like that the different options for every question overlap and are really all oppinions and not just short answers like yes, no, maybe. It is more personal this way and seems more thought out.

BUT, I don't think there is much use in such tests. It is always fun to read compliments about yourself that are, supposedly, really true becuase, i mean, you did the test!

I am really curious now, why do you guys really take these tests? Common, out of pure curiousity, right? Becuase they don't otherwise help you to understand your nature or come to terms with existentioal problems, do they?
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
Crying_Crimson_Tears

CAT - your daemon may be a cat if you are independent and comfort loving. You follow your heart and do what you want to do - no matter what others think. You have a strong sense of your own worth, and an inner dignity. You may be loving and generous in one moment, and then lash out at someone in the next. You have as many moods as there are colours in a rainbow, and you wear them all brilliantly. You always know what you want right now - although in five minutes you may change your mind and set your sights elsewhere. You like to do things with style and flair.
When someone else orders you to do something, do you feel an unholy urge to do exactly the opposite? That just might be your inner daemon talking.

I love quizilla. I love taking their quizzes!!!! I think this quiz nailed what I am like on the spot. It's exactly me. I like this quiz a lot.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:18 AM   #6
unedifying

RACCOON - your daemon may be a raccoon. You are a trickster. Your daemon's nimble hand-like paws can help in the creation of pranks. You may prefer the cover of darkness to pull off your stunts. You may be fascinated by gadgets, and are probably good at figuring out how things work. Independent and fun loving, you love to get the best of someone. You have no pretensions about yourself. Crafty and clever, you can adapt to any situation and find a way to make it work in your favour.

I got nailed on this one, too. The Quiz is great, and Quizilla is awesome, too. ^^
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
CreepyTendencies

I, too, got Eagle or Hawk.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:28 PM   #8
Splintered

PANTHER - Your daemon is one of the big cats - perhaps a puma, or jaguar, or maybe a leopard. You are brave, proud, and graceful. You let nothing stand between you and the things that you want. You are cool-headed and you like to be in charge of the situation. You do not take orders. You work best on your own, because the incompetance of others just impedes your ability to get things done. You are the true king of the jungle.
Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

I got an Elder One as a Daemon.

Nah, I actually got the Panther.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #10
Dark_love_2008

EAGLE or HAWK - your daemon may be some kind of bird of prey. Yours is a strong spirit, and a fierce sense of liberty. You cannot be confined. You may be shrewdly observant, and like to be aware of everything that goes on around you. You will fight fiercely for the things that are most important to you, and you are definitely a force to be reckoned with. Still, you are not vicious by nature and would prefer to be left in peace. You probably value your solitude very highly - not that you don't enjoy company, but sometimes you just need to be alone - otherwise you begin to feel caged in and confined. You might want to take a drive on your own, just to feel the road beneath you, or to sit alone on your balcony, watching the world go by.

Not to shabby, like me in about every way

~*~Angelic Vision of Distruction~*~
Dark_love_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 03:09 PM   #11
belle hawk

RACCOON - your daemon may be a raccoon. You are a trickster. Your daemon's nimble hand-like paws can help in the creation of pranks. You may prefer the cover of darkness to pull off your stunts. You may be fascinated by gadgets, and are probably good at figuring out how things work. Independent and fun loving, you love to get the best of someone. You have no pretensions about yourself. Crafty and clever, you can adapt to any situation and find a way to make it work in your favour.
belle hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #12
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Look Behind You
I am really curious now, why do you guys really take these tests? Common, out of pure curiousity, right?
I only take them if the subject is interesting, because a majority of them are poorly put together. It's all in fun for me, but I have to admit that it IS interesting to note the percentage of people who got the same results as I did. Afterwards I like to fudge my answers to see what combinations would get me another result.

By the way, I got the Raven (awesomeness...) I'll admit that it is accurate in that I am the type that likes to sit back, watch, and collect info before I jump into a situation. I like finding shiny things in the dirt sometimes too...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
disorder

Oh oh oh I'm a Beautiful Butterfly:
Your daemon may be a butterfly. It is ironic that the butterfly traditionally represents the psyche, yet it is one of the least emotive physical forms that your daemon can take. It is very hard to tell what a butterfly is feeling, and perhaps that is why you feel so comfortable with this form. You have many, many friends and a beautiful soul, but you don't like to reveal what your innermost feelings are. You aren't afraid to be yourself - you are vibrant and colourful. But at the same time, you don't like to wear your heart on your sleeve.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

I wonder what would a llama be.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:24 AM   #15
Slap Your Love

Cool

I'd be the third person on here to get....The RAVEN - Your daemon may be a member of the crow family. You are intelligent, observant, and gregarious. Just as a crow or raven picks shiny objects out of the dirt, you pick up tidbits of information or ideas and store them away. You have a good sense of humour, but sometimes lose patience with people who are antipathic to your nature. You are swift to alert others when you find the truth, and you have no tolerance for those who would hide it.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #16
Delkaetre

I'm a cat.
Unsurprising, given my habit of meowing at people I know and nuzzling them.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #17
Alaizabel Cray

I also got racoon. It works for me, I'd say, especially the part about being able to adapt to make any situation work for me... I have a million stories from when I was really little about how I'd talk my way out of things and negotitate until I got what I wanted. It all stated with my swimming instructor when I was about 3 or 4. He didn't even know what happened by the time I was done. One moment I was arguing with him about why I shouldn't have to jump off the diving board when I could just as easily jump off the edge of the pool instead and the next I had slipped into the water and was swimming away. That still mkaes me laugh, haha.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:37 AM   #18
Crimson_Terror

MOUSE - Your daemon may be a mouse. You keep your self hidden away, not because you are ashamed of it, but because you are afraid the world may not understand it, and may hurt it. Isn't it strange how people can be so cruel to such a small and helpless creature? You want to keep that very inner part of your psyche private and close to you, perhaps in your shirt pocket, next to your heart.

Hmm. I'd say that that's pretty accurate...
Crimson_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:44 AM   #19
Darkbender423

I got eagle or hawk. The quiz was ok. I don't take a lot of them and some of the one's I have are prety lame. This one could have been better.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:32 AM   #20
angel011

Eagle or hawk.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:24 AM   #21
Mr_Knuckles

At first I didn't think that my result was accurate, but on further inspection of myself I found it rather accurate. I have been told before that I am quite intimidating, though I really don't see why. I've never thought of myself as intimidating, nor have I purposely used that to my advantage (possibly I have done this subconsiously). I am very often misunderstood, and I am a survivor. (I even have survival training. =D ) I enjoyed this test. I've only taken a couple others of the like and they were pretty lame.
Mr_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:54 PM   #22
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Blah....I´m a mouse...and I feel more insignificant now O,O
Ohm, this test is good, but the images could be better.
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:34 PM   #23
Diana

PANTHER - Your daemon is one of the big cats - perhaps a puma, or jaguar, or maybe a leopard. You are brave, proud, and graceful. You let nothing stand between you and the things that you want. You are cool-headed and you like to be in charge of the situation. You do not take orders. You work best on your own, because the incompetance of others just impedes your ability to get things done. You are the true king of the jungle.

Joy.
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote