Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
negative_antimatter

Talking Wanted: Music literate people willing to critically listen to my new album

So, let me get straight to the point: for the last several weeks I have been writing, recording, and mixing an album. I have a record label willing to produce it, so I want a finished product that sounds amazing! This is where you, musically inclined reader, come in. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to listen to my album in its entirety (don't worry, it's only 35 minutes so far), and give me feedback.

I am not looking for feedback like "It's good", "I like it", etc. I am interested in things like the effectiveness of the track order, overall consistency, emotions the album raises, and possible genres you think it qualifies as. Above all, your review should be critical (but still nice, if you can manage that) so that I may actualize your suggestions. If this sounds like something you'd like to do (and you get a free rough draft of the album) please either PM me, leave a message here or contact me in some other manner and I will send you a download link. While I'm not strictly interested in preserving the integrity of this album (that is, sharing), I do hope to eventually make some money off of this. Primarily though, I do want people to hear it.

While recording the album, I realized I only knew a handful of people who would be inclined to like this album. Naturally, I branched out to my second home: the internet. A lot of my musical tastes revolve around original goth rock (Bauhaus and the ilk), and sometimes my art reflects that, sometimes not. That is why I've searched out this little corner of the web to find an audience. After all, an artist without an audience is scarcely an artist at all!

A bit about this album: It is tentatively titled "Nyctomancer" and will be released under my working name C. Hendrix. I have some ideas of what I perceive the album to be about and like, but I don't want to taint your experience unnecessarily. I've drawn on a lot of influences, but I am starting to think it may be most comparable to Dead Can Dance. Where Dead Can Dance uses medieval chants or world influences, I tend to use electronic means. You can read some more about other work I've done (musical and otherwise) at http://chendrix.posterous.com. Again, if you'd like to listen to the album and help me out a great deal, just contact me in any manner. I'm very excited about this album and want it to be a resounding artistic success (because it won't be a financial success, that's for sure). Cheers!

-C. Hendrix
negative_antimatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
Man In Room 5

Firstly, you're a newbie on Gnet and thus I don't think anyone can PM you until you achieve the minimum number of posts to gain PM privileges. And since you didn't give your Email addy in your profile or set up a vcard nobody can contact you from Gnet in private. Likewise unless they give you an Email or messenger ID you can't send them the link to the album in private either.

But, that aside, I'm always interested in hearing new music. I have a large collection of punk/deathrock/goth/darkwave...etc...etc..and I'm always looking for more and trying to stay current. Email me the link at maninroom5 @ yahoo .com
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
negative_antimatter

Thanks for the info about PMs, I didn't know that was the case here.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Anarasha

I would be willing to give your album a listen mate =)
I can't promise I can help you a whole lot, but I am willing to try =)
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
negative_antimatter

Muchos gracias, I'm sure you'll have some valuable insights.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Anarasha

so, my e-mail add is hiwatarikrad@msn.com
(People who dislike me, don't waste your time with hatemail, I will just ignore it.)
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #7
KissMeDeadly

I'll give your album a listen, I'm very much musically inclined, and, if I can date myself here, pretty good at critiquing shit since I can't play anything.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
negative_antimatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
I'll give your album a listen, I'm very much musically inclined, and, if I can date myself here, pretty good at critiquing shit since I can't play anything.
Thanks KMD. You can e-mail me at negative_antimatter at gmx dot com and I'll set you up with a download link. You'll be the first person to hear an alternate mix with intro, outro and cover art. Well, I don't suppose you'll actually hear the cover art...