Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Xavier Morbid

Photography help/ideas

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone here can help me. I am trying to build a photography website/portfolio and whilst taking family pics are ok it's not really me!

I am after ideas or people I can take pictures of that are into alternative lifestyles whether gothic or rockabilly or just heavily into tattoos etc - something out of the 'norm'

I have some project ideas but always welcome a fresh perspective so let me know of anything!

If you are interested yourself or know someone that might be I would love to hear from you - be it posing for pics or just some ideas. Offer open to men and women but although nudity is not required it is over 18s due to consent. Also, I am based in London England if it helps.

Any help greatly appreciated and I have some pics for the site I will come back to show you all and ask for tips once again no doubt!

Xavier
Xavier Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
MissCheyenne

Ugh, why is it suddenly so fucking cool to take pictures of 'alternative' people. If you really want to gain some proper experience, get out there and take pictures of EVERYTHING. Don't just focus on one particular subject, that's boring and overdone. Where's all the creativity gone? :'(

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Xavier Morbid

Who said anything about it being cool? I have been photographing all sorts for about 15 years and this is me finding something I think I would enjoy but not yer done - something that is not client based for money or books and magazines.

I have photographed many homeless people - alcoholics and drug addicts and have their stories to go with each picture. Was an eye opening project but thanks for the idea
Xavier Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
MissCheyenne

Less a comment on you personally and more a rant on the state of the people I encounter on a regular basis who fancy themselves as photographers. It is achingly cool at the minute for people to set themselves up as 'alternative' photographers and to be quite honest, I'm sick of seeing the same old pictures time and time again where the only thing that differs is the hair colour.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Ugh, why is it suddenly so fucking cool to take pictures of 'alternative' people. If you really want to gain some proper experience, get out there and take pictures of EVERYTHING. Don't just focus on one particular subject, that's boring and overdone. Where's all the creativity gone? :'(
There is a photographer (don't remember his name) who takes pictures of Presidents JUMPING.
Take ordinary boring Richard Nixon, and photograph him jumping and you have an unusual statement.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
Murder.Of.Crows

Now that looks like a man i can trust!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcud View Post
Homeless people are always happy for the attention. Try them.
Dude, this one time, I was paid $15 to let this chick take pictures of me. Her photography project was on "street people".. apparently drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette while sitting on the sidewalk counts.