Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #76
CuckooTuli

Nobody else? Oh well, I've never minded talking to myself.

Finished the first draft for the first 18 pages of the train station play. I'm also working on a Cracked-style article for the blog I'm thinking of starting, for all the articles, rants and comedy pieces that're clogging up my hard-drive.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #77
Apathy's_Child

Short story about siblings. Characters, as I guess you'd expect, draw heavily on my brothers. Also about to start scripting some comic strips on Zappa/Beefheart in the afterlife, for Sinjob to draw up.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #78
Fruitbat

I'm final editing a book I have out with a few beta testers, editing the second book in the series (which I jammed two books into one) and now I'm re-editing the end of the book because everyoen ended up miserable.

I think I've come up wtih a new ending. Got another book writing itself in my head and I wish i could just sit down and have writing marathon but I'm lucky to get maybe 4 hours a day of sleep deprivation writing - man i write some really weird stuff when I'm out of it.

Trying to decide if to go through self publishing on Kindle

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #79
CuckooTuli

What's your book about, Fruitbat?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #80
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
I'm also working on a Cracked-style article for the blog I'm thinking of starting, for all the articles, rants and comedy pieces that're clogging up my hard-drive.
You could always post some here if they're burning a hole and you're not sure what to do with them. Although you know, if it's a Cracked-style article in the strictest sense (a list with at least 6 points backed up by research), you could actually pitch it to Cracked. I looked into their submissions guidelines a while ago, although I never actually got around to writing anything, and they accept unsolicited pitches all the time. If you decide to do that, you should avoid using it on your own blog.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #81
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
You could always post some here if they're burning a hole and you're not sure what to do with them. Although you know, if it's a Cracked-style article in the strictest sense (a list with at least 6 points backed up by research), you could actually pitch it to Cracked. I looked into their submissions guidelines a while ago, although I never actually got around to writing anything, and they accept unsolicited pitches all the time. If you decide to do that, you should avoid using it on your own blog.
Hmm, maybe I will post something here. And I might actually try Cracked, if I think it's any good when I finish it - somehow that never occurred to me. I didn't realise they accept unsolicited work.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #82
BlackBlood

hm..

I'm working on some feminist poems as usual, *but don't tell anyone* hihi..
BlackBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #83
ssj_goku

Gnet Budhakai
Old 01-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #84
CuckooTuli

Train station play is going slooooow. I think there's plenty I can do with it visually, though. I might post a scene or too for feedback when I get a bit further along with it.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:55 AM   #85
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
What's your book about, Fruitbat?
Sorry I missed your post. I only procrastinate on g.net and miss posts all the time. (I have a very short attention span).

It's a love story, coz I'm the biggest romantic idiot in the world.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #86
tyr

Without love the world would be miserable.

I'm working on a couple comic ideas

Tyr
http://www.AdasLegend.com
tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #87
Apathy's_Child

A comic, as a gift for a friend of mine. I'm not very good but they get a kick out of them.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #88
Solumina

I'm reading After the King, its a collection of short stories to honor Tolkien, some of the stories I like and some I don't. Collections by various authors can be fun like that.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #89
Saya

Are you writing Tolkien esque stories too? XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #90
Fruitbat

I'm writing two new novels, editing three books and two short stories.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #91
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Are you writing Tolkien esque stories too? XD
Hahaha wow my brain really has been fried today

I've actually been working on a poem which would go along lines of the compilation but those are kind of totally unconnected things.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #92
A Simple Poet

Fantasy Noir. Or at least I keep telling myself that.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #93
Murder.Of.Crows

Way too much, and very little. I have a knack of encumbering myself to not wanting to do anything. So nothing gets done. lol. But, i am working on a horror novel and a comic book somewhat more than my other projects.
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #94
CuckooTuli

I started a dialogue piece as a practice exercise and wound up thinking the result had potential. Thinking of trying to expand it into a full-length play. I guess you'd call it surreal/symbolist - the first scene would be completely dialogue-centred with the two speakers seated and very little physical movement, so I think I'll go back and try to do some shit with lighting to avoid that whole "nothing going on visually" thing that can ruin amateur plays.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:12 AM   #95
CuckooTuli

Started working on that Cracked article. The 2 plays I've been working on have gone on the back-burner under loads of uni work, so it'll mostly short bits and pieces for the next few weeks if I want to have a social life. Which honestly, I'm not that bothered about, but all the more reason to drag myself out. I could seriously spend the rest of my life in a room with a computer and an endless supply of weed. So every now and again, when I feel my brain turning to mush and find myself ignoring texts and Facebook messages, I give getting stoned a rest and drag myself outside. Blinking, groaning and bitching about the cold are usually involved. This weekend is one such time.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #96
Cat Stark

I started working on a weird The Crow fan-fiction, but I have writers block.
I want to write a sequel to the SYFY tv movie Alice named Hatter, but I have not gotten all my thoughts together about it. I have been writing a lot of poetry lately, but that is most likely because it dose not take me a huge amount of time to write a poem.
Cat Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #97
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I'm writing out all the crap that comes to mind, usually as a result of my current trippy dreams. It all sounds like wannabe wise sayings.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #98
CuckooTuli

I'm writing a comic with a friend now, as well as all the other projects I've got going. It's pretty normal for me to have five or six things on the go at any one time, but with uni work, this needs to be the last one until something else gets finished and NO MORE COLLABS until I get my own shit done - must stop getting stoned, having conversations that start with, "Hey, you know what'd be AWESOME?", then waking up having committed to yet another project.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #99
zerademark

Working on multiple projects now. Three supernatural horror story and one experimental psychotic thriller, and as a side project a comic.
I'm not a very consistent writer, and I noticed that forcing myself to write on times I'm uninspired kinda makes me ruin the story.

The one psychological thriller I'm working on is about a couple with anger-management problems, and the trial of blood they leave behind from barehanded attacks. Both the boy and the girl suffer from psychosis which is triggered when they're angry. The psychosis in the story is greatly overdone compared to reality; for example they are able to rip someone’s jaw out with one pull of their bare hands. A important factor in the story is how the two handle their psychosis and how many things will be left ambiguous. For example, the girl claims she was normal all her life and that she changed when she was almost ***** by her ex-boyfriend. Later there will hints from not very trustable characters that she was like that all her life, and that she actually consented for the sex but turned crazy during it. I want my readers to be confused about the nature of the characters. This story abandons my usual style of 1 person perspective and instead will follow an thirdperson omniscient view, with limited insight on the characters thoughts.

The comic is about a Christian moralist brother trying to stop his psychotic immoral sister from murdering priests. The Christian brother is a hypocrite who justifies killing others who threaten the church and doesn't believe priests are able to have sexual feelings. The sister was ***** when little by a priest, whom she killed and got send into the psychiatric ward for. After she escaped she seeks sanctity and love with a former crush of her, another girl, but that girl denied her lesbian feelings because of her religion. The brother was in love with the girl as well, but she wasn’t with him. After the sister was refused by the girl, she betrayed the girl to a gang. After they ***** and humiliated her, she committed suicide despite her religion. And my story picks up eight years later when the brother tries to stop his sister from killing others. Oh, and yes, it’s a hero comic.

I have no idea why I just replied to a post here or ranted like this…
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #100
LMangumFiction

I am currently revising my novel, which is about two female serial killers and the poor unfortunate boys who love them.

I also have several stories out to various zines. One, my flash fiction "Abhorrent," was published in the February issue of Death Head Grin. (it's 750 words of reprehensible filth and absolutely free)

I also have begun work on a graphic novel inspired by a few food scares/recalls that happened in my area.

I also try to blog at least once a week.

Wow, that was a lot of also's...
LMangumFiction is offline   Reply With Quote