Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
The Divine Ms. M

Sigh, can we please just stop with this?...

Is my opinion. While I'm pretty sure there must be a thread dealing w/this somewhere, I didn't find it so here we go...check out this link and leav your opinion...

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
Solumina

Eh this makes more sense than most remakes. Right now gritty, imperfect, or even morally ambiguous superheros are in and The Crow fits the bill, it is also a franchise that has been successful enough to get (I think) four movies made. That and to be perfectly honest the movies could have been a lot better, The Crow itself wasn't terrible but it wasn't great and the sequels were awful.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:51 AM   #3
The Divine Ms. M

I agree...and yes, while looking at them through today's lens, the original could be better, but for the time it was pretty decent imo...I saw sequel number two and found it ok, but have no interest in seeing the others. I thought after posting this: those of us who care about The Crow (well, probably most of us) don't want a remake, while a large swath of the young folks are like "the what?" and just shrug. I guess if it's done right it could be pretty good, but it's a hard tightrope to walk. Then there's the old saying: you can't please everyone.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
Saya

I don't really understand why from the standpoint that gawfic things don't seem to do well anymore. I mean Gnet's trying to stay relevant with articles about horror shows, but lets face it, Walking Dead isn't gawfic. Its just something that goths might be interested in. I think steampunk might be doing more well than goth as far as pop culture relevancy goes.

They've also been trying to get this film off the ground for a few years now, I wonder if they're spreading this rumour to try and get interest in it. Like with the The Last Unicorn live action film. I remember they had Channing Tatum announced as being the Crow and it was a head scratcher.

Also, I was hanging out with a friend at a book store, she's 19 and a a bit of interest in goth stuff, but only vaguely heard of The Crow. I gave her my copy of the graphic novel (which I will defend to the death, its a good comic) and I'll probably make her watch the film soon, I haven't seen it in yeaaaars. I have a bad feeling I have nostalgia about it and its not as good as I like to think it was.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
Murder.Of.Crows

I have no problems with a remake. But, honestly, i can't imagine it without Brandon Lee. Being his role in the film is impossible, im a little sceptical.

Those sequels don't exist in my reality.

I've noticed, on my end, a lot of people love goth stuff. They just don't realise it. When i call The cure gothic, they look at me and say " I thought goth was all screamo garvbae, how is this goth, you just wanna label everything gawfic". True story.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
I have no problems with a remake. But, honestly, i can't imagine it without Brandon Lee. Being his role in the film is impossible, im a little sceptical.

Those sequels don't exist in my reality.

I've noticed, on my end, a lot of people love goth stuff. They just don't realise it. When i call The cure gothic, they look at me and say " I thought goth was all screamo garvbae, how is this goth, you just wanna label everything gawfic". True story.
Well of course people still love The Cure XD To be fair they've fairly evolved musically over the years though. 4:13 Dream was a pretty happy album.

My point is more kids today don't seem to be dressing up like the Crow more, don't you know.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
The Divine Ms. M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
My point is more kids today don't seem to be dressing up like the Crow more, don't you know.
Ah, but remember: friends don't let friends dress like The Crow lol

Please read My Blog!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
tetsuo

I like the first Crow movie, but the sequels were bad. Primarily because of Brandon Lee's death. There shouldn't have been sequels without him. IF there will be a remake, potential fans and alike should be allowed to vote for every actor / actress. This would make sure that the majority will like at least the actors and actresses in the movie. IF the movie will succeed every actor / actress should be in the next movie as well, IF new characters will be introduced / replaced and new vote should be made.
tetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote