Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Qgirl

Do you have a will?

Do you have a will? If so, what stuff was important enough to you to motivate you to put it in there in writing (i.e. kid turning a certain age, concerns about medical treatment because of illness, etc.)? If you do not have a will, why not?
Qgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Fucking stop it already.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
Fucking stop it already.
She gets paid to do this thing. I just wish there weren't so many posts at one time.

Also, I don't understand posting topics like these. Most people here are in their 20s or younger, and it would make me wonder why they would have a will at such an age. Clearly they're not considering the demographics of this site.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Qgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
She gets paid to do this thing. I just wish there weren't so many posts at one time.

Also, I don't understand posting topics like these. Most people here are in their 20s or younger, and it would make me wonder why they would have a will at such an age. Clearly they're not considering the demographics of this site.
Didn't you read your own thread about interviewing goths where people were talking about seeing important bands in the 1980's?
Old 03-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
Duane

Do YOU have a will?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qgirl View Post
Didn't you read your own thread about interviewing goths where people were talking about seeing important bands in the 1980's?
Even some of THOSE people are in their late 30s, which isn't old enough for many people to go out making wills. I don't believe that most people create a will until they are in their 60s, 50s minimum, unless they are employed in a dangerous occupation.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
Qgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Even some of THOSE people are in their late 30s, which isn't old enough for many people to go out making wills. I don't believe that most people create a will until they are in their 60s, 50s minimum, unless they are employed in a dangerous occupation.
Why do you think that?

Everyone who prefers can answer the part which asks if you do not have a will, why not?

If you live with your boyfriend but are not married, you could get evicted from his house if he dies in a car wreck. If you would not want to be kept on life support in certain situations, you need a will made before you got sick to make that your decision on not someone else's. If you have children or a wife or an ex-wife or more than one sibling, then your will would determine how what you have would be distributed.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #8
Starmoonshine

I'm too young to have a will! But that could always change with a kit online for some amount of dollars. Whatever the point is I don't think anything will be happening to me anytime soon because i don't leave me house. Unless I slip in the shower or i choke on my food and no one is here or I just get suicidal out of no where or my cats try to murder me...No i'll be fine.
Starmoonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 AM   #9
jack_the_knife

My generic answer to all of Qgirl's threads, is "Maybe".
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qgirl View Post
Do you have a will? If so, what stuff was important enough to you to motivate you to put it in there in writing (i.e. kid turning a certain age, concerns about medical treatment because of illness, etc.)? If you do not have a will, why not?
I do not have one and do not need one. I have made my wishes known to my family, and I trust them to carry out my wishes.

But you seriously have too much time on your hands.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
Unimatrix 00

Fuck sake Qgirl, stop it.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #12
Opteron_Man

If I was old enough, I would will my Xbox 360, leather jackets, boots and my computer to my best friends. Imagine the look on their faces!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #13
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife View Post
My generic answer to all of Qgirl's threads, is "Maybe".
Dude! Hahahaha!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #14
I_Zik

I have one. Not really long. Did you know they can freeze you with liquid nitrogen and use sound waves to pummle your body into a fine powder. Like Torgoes Executive Powder. (Shakes can into crotch.) Ahhh. Soothes the fire.
Seriously, a one page will is perfectly legal. I think....
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote