Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #3151
BlackButterfly

::sarcasms::

Oh yeah, nothing gets me geared up to spend time with a person like the threat of physical violence...
[/sarcasm]

I had a stepfather who used to beat on me, my mother and my sisters (until we ganged up on him and threatened to kill him... turned out he was a punk...)

It's a shame... what the hell came over your dad? Has he ever done anything like that towards you before?

Don't feel (entirely) bad about the wanting to harm him; if this is a new experience to you, at your age, that's instinct. Of course, you're probably gonna have that "but he's my DAD!" feeling mixed up in there somewhere...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
Old 09-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #3152
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness-creepshow
all this happend to you... ;( oh my god. bleedingheart344 i prey no more unforchenent events happen to you, and that goes for everybody.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it, but you know, despite how it still pains me, you just have to pick up the pieces eventually. Godslayer Jillian, I am so sorry to hear about what has befallen you. I do hope things piece back together for you and family ties are repaired. I too went through a period where, although he didn't hit me, my dad would get pissed at me for the dumbest shit that I didn't even do, he got mad at me for writing too small, small shit, I know, but that was enough to make me feel like a failure, so I do hope for the best for you.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:20 PM   #3153
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Jillian I am sorry to hear it dude, I really am.
Was he drinking? He should be glad that his son wants to do his homework, and instead here he is discouraging you, what a bunch of crap. Your friends are here for you man, even if it is only a two dimensional screen...

Old 09-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #3154
Godslayer Jillian

He's not a drinker. He's just a mighty despot.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #3155
DrenchedInGin

It sounds like he's taking out some stress of his own on you. Which is not fair, not at all. I hope he deals with his own rubbish and realises what he's done to you. [Sends hug and glass of wine to Our Jillian.]
Old 09-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #3156
ViciouslyBeautiful

Same story. A few days ago too my dad hit my brother too. That was the first time ever in his fifteen years of life. My dad has never hit me too, before. It turned out to be, my dad lost his patience on him. My brother is really hard to control, and my dad's like, given up on him and just let my mum handle everything. That day my mum, too, lost her patience and told my dad to say something to him. Instead, he hit my brother, like, out of the blue.
Now that I hear from you, Jill, I hope my brother doesn't think of harming my dad. It sure had some effects on him. After my dad hit him, he was just standing there, staring at the floor, said nothing, which was so not like him. He said to my mum, he was ok and he didn't hold any grudge on him, but he wasn't gonna forget that all his life. I was really shocked when my mum told me on the phone. All I wanted to do was hug him, I wish I could be there. My brother wouldn't even talk to me about it.
Well all I could say is, Jill, maybe your dad, too, was going through something. . or maybe he lost it. I used to be fighting with my brother, really often, and I pushed him too or did something bad like pinched him really hard (now that I think about it I wanna bash my head to the wall), now I know I can't compare that to parents hitting their kids, but they're human too, and they could just lost it too like us, even though we know it's probably best if they shouldn't.
That made me sad . . Hugs from me, too, Jill. .
Old 09-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #3157
Spectral Despondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
He's not a drinker. He's just a mighty despot.
bummer man - my dad was like that when i was about your age. Drinking helped for him. One day i got sick of it and smacked him in the face with a ball bat. Never again - lol That seemed to leave a lasting impression as well as lesson. Whenever their like that, the best course of action is to communicate on a level that they can understand.
The equation is quite simple. 'Holy Shit, my son just fuked me up in one hit' = mad respect =D I read that your a littler guy than myselfso i'll throw you a few pojnters in case it comes down to it. You seem like a smart kid. When in doubt - plan a counter strategy and don't hold back. I could sit here and give you condolensces but id rather motivate you to solve the problem. I'm a peacefu guy too, but everyone has the right to defend themself. Put things into view.

1. From what ive gathered about your frame size and weight youve gotta be like lightning to most dads. Use your quickness to your advantage.

2. Stay Calm! The hardest thing to do at that point in time but it will keep you in focus to avoid the situation and or possibly deliver extremely painful coutermeasures. Which goes on to 3.

3. Find the heaviest thing you can hit him with and whack the shit out of him until he decides his rule with a iron fist is no longer suitable for a household 8)
Old 09-17-2006, 10:35 PM   #3158
ViciouslyBeautiful

Whoa, Spec, you were encouraging a breech of law and humanity.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:41 PM   #3159
DrenchedInGin

... And Our Jill is not the violent type. Neither is ViciouslyBeautiful. I'd say reasoned compassion is more their glass of absinthe.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:14 AM   #3160
PersephoneX

agreed....
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
Old 09-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #3161
BlackButterfly

Ugh... My throat is itchy...
I feel generally crappy...
I keep alternating between being really hot and really cold...

I think I'm getting sick.

:: ponders the merits of taking a day off work::

Nah, that ain't happenin'...

::considers the mayhem that would follow my passing out on the floor with a high fever::

:: sinister grin::
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 PM   #3162
Spectral Despondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciouslyBeautiful
Whoa, Spec, you were encouraging a breech of law and humanity.
It may appear that way to others but what i'm advocating is the right for people to defend themselves. Ive encountered many people where unfortunately - all the nice talk, compromise, maturity, and avoidance in the word did not prevent physical threat of harm - when this is the case i would encourage anyone to do what they need to to survive.

Perhaps i interpreted the situation worse than it really was - but if its to correct to my understanding than i must stick with what i said. Physical violence should not be tolerated - and shame as it may be, a simple truth to this world is that some people are most unfortunately far below the ability to understand anything but the same violence they decide to dish out. Its not pretty, or desirable - but its true.

Thats also why i suggested the most effective method of doing so to mimimize the need for violent confrontation. I can be viewed as cold and callous that doesn't bother me but its simply the most effective strategy at putting an end to threat of physical harm. I don't expect to win a nobel peace prize or anything =P
Old 09-18-2006, 09:35 PM   #3163
Spectral Despondence

I'm sorry if my thoughts in the situation offend at all as i'm certainly not aiming for that. Ive just seen far too much senseless violence in my time. Eventually there comes a point where you've had enough.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:10 AM   #3164
DrenchedInGin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
Ugh... My throat is itchy...
I feel generally crappy...
I keep alternating between being really hot and really cold...

I think I'm getting sick.
Nah, take the day off work. Sip coffee, listen to some music, breathe in some steam, take a long bath. Sure, what harm could it do?
Old 09-19-2006, 05:36 PM   #3165
Godslayer Jillian

Well, it's been two days since then. There's still an air of coldness from my part when it comes to my father, but the incident is as if it had never happened.
I don't like posting in the whining threads for my own sake, and I don't know well how to say thank you, but it's evident how much you mean to me, when this was the first place I looked for after it happened, even before my friends on msn.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #3166
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I think everyone is modest, so nobody will say "you're welcome", because they do not want to be perceived as the one taking credit. (if credit could be taken for compassion)
But I will say that I am glad you feel that way, that you feel a connection to everyone, because it is mutual, and life is lonely and painful without connections to friends...OK I'll shut up now. Let's go terrorize the Introduction Board! YARG!

Old 09-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #3167
Spectral Despondence

I agree with Humane Pain. (You've got some great posts man!) Hopefully this situation will not repeat itself and while i havent been around long i do not like to see anyone being harmed in any way. People can be so carelessly cruel sometimes and its no fun or good experience for anyone having to deal with a situation like that. Heres hoping for things to stay chill ^_^

Also, i think its really cool at how alot of people were wonderfully responsive and supportive. Online communities like that are hard to come by anymore. Youve got some good friends Jillian that you do ^_^
Old 09-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #3168
She_Is_My_Sin

Seeing as PoupeeCelestia mentioned her bad week in another thread, I decided to have a bit of a whinge about mine.
Well for a start I'm really not understanding things in my English & Italian History lessons. Last week I was really getting everything, but now it's all....blah. I was really trying hard to read something in my history lesson, I was looking at the words but they were just surpassing me. Everytime the teacher spoke I had no proper idea what he was saying.

I can't stand to be in my drama lessons anymore. Last year my drama teacher decided she didn't like me acting, so crushed all the will for acting out of me. Fair enough I knew this course would involve acting, but my teacher picked me to act out the main characters parts. Whatever I did she'd complain about, so when I groaned about it, she yelled at me. I'd much rather get on with studying the script & developing my technical skills. That's why I'm taking the bloody A-Level.

Then I've been given the cold shoulder by my friend. Anything, anything I do is considered wrong by her. We were discussing some guy, who has never really been that kind to me & I said "Oh I don't like him very much. He's a bit annoying in my opinion."
To which she replied "God you're always complaining! That's all I ever hear from you! You can't say anything nice about anything or anyone. You really are a selfish bitch". Yesterday we went to the toilets, I was about to go into one & some kid pushed infront of me. She groaned, so I asked if we could go to another set of toilets. She kept tutting all the way there so I just went "Fine. You know what? Go away. If you don't want to wait for me, despite the fact I waited for you, fine." She streamed some abuse at me & left.
Today she asked if she could take my seat in the lesson, after I'd just unpacked all my stuff. I told her that she couldn't & I got yelled at by her.
Sheesh, I always come across as if I'm someone who's bad at friendships, but honestly I don't know what I do to make people get annoyed at me, I can't help it.
I hope everything works out. I just don't think I'll be able to handle another week like this.
Apologies for my really long moan.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #3169
c130

Ugh. Friends are a royal pain when they take their anger out on you when it's not your fault. I'm guessing there may be something going on in her life that you're unaware of that's stressing her out, like boyfriend or parent trouble, so perhaps treat her with caution for a few days til she cools down enough to get your friendship sorted back out?

My friend was like that sometimes. It was down to the fact her parents aren't the best of folk to be responsible for a kid, so when she was stressed at home, she'd take it out on me. When she was in that kind of mood I'd steer clear of her for a day or two and wait for the storm to pass. It does help that I'm of an incredibly forgiving and easy-going nature, too, since tension can only be kept up when both sides are holding it tight.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #3170
She_Is_My_Sin

I'm giving her the weekend o relax abit. It won't be her parents (divorced) or boy troubles...I thought it could be that time of the month. Either that or she's just not coping with the stress of sixth form life. School, homework & a job. I actually feel a bit bad for bitching about her now.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:10 PM   #3171
BlackButterfly

Ook... what a past couple of days I've been having...

First, my cold/flu/whatever malaise with which I was afflicted kicked into full gear over the weekend, so, being the highly evolved being that I am, I went into hibernation: I slept for 36 hours straight in a coccoon of blankets and pillows.

The good thing was I woke up feeling good as new, aside from being dehydrated and starving and having to pee almighty. The bad thing, worried my boyfriend half to death; he thought I was dead, so he called my mom, who nonchalantly replied to his worries "Oh, she must be sick". Another, worse thing: I slept three-quarters of the way through my first full weekend off in about a month! Bleh...

Anyway, on Monday I go to the hardware store to get an additional key made for my car. Unfortunately, while swept up in the frenzy of looking for my debit card, I locked myself out of my car. So after going in the hardware store to buy some tools to break into my car and get them, I take my keys into the store, and they're out of the specific blank needed make the copy... I go home and cut the day short with a nap.

...and today. I take my car to get the brake fixed, and apparently the lugnuts on my front passenger tire haven't been removed since the DAWN OF TIME! So as the mechanic is removing the first lugnut, the entire bolt snaps off like a brittle fingernail! Then the second, and a third, and a fourth (out of five). "No problem, he says... those are easily replaced." So he fixes the brake, and goes to replace the bolts. Guess what? He's fresh out... and it's almost closing time. And I can't move my car. The only good thing to come out of this is that he paid for my cab home, but now I'm going to have to call in late tomorrow at work so he can fix it in the morning!

If my week continues in this manner, I believe I'm going to take a long, soothing walk into the Atlantic...

c130
Old 09-26-2006, 11:05 PM   #3172
Immortal_Death

I certainly can't stand Chinese Class. The teacher isn't really a good teacher and should only be the assistant. Chinese is really difficult and confusing. I wish I could move to Spanish, but my father don't like that idea.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:22 AM   #3173
ViciouslyBeautiful

Oh yeah, my brother learned it once because it was a compulsory thing, he got an F in every exam and my mother was happy.
But, with a not-really-good teacher I suppose it'd be more torturing.
Well I can't help you with that, so all I can say is, hang in there mate
Hey see if Dave can help you!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:24 AM   #3174
She_Is_My_Sin

Sheesh, I thought talking to my friend would help, but clearly it hasn't. She said she's feeling alright then had a go at me because I sighed 'I can't find my hairbrush...'.

Seriously, it's only me she's targeting & she honestly doesn't give a flip how it's affecting me. She is actually the only person at school I can speak to about personal stuff & now we don't properly speak at all. Without her conversation I feel like I have to hold everything in. It's doing my head in. I tried telling her how upset she was making me feel & it was dismissed as something she'll get over.

If she doesn't sort herself out soon, I don't know what to do. I just wish she'd go back to normal.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #3175
cradle

Didn't you tell her that you feel that way?
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
Closed Thread