Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
BlacKat

Fun with the clueless

I believe I may have achieved the ultimate in clueless parents. It is rather amusing. (You do have to read to the end to get the irony though.)

My mother and I had gone out to a makeup store; under pressure from her I had agreed to allow a makeover. I informed the lady that I wanted a "darker, gothic-type style". Mom immediately gets That Look on her face, the one that means you've said something not approved but she doesn't want to bring it up right away. Once we are finished, she proceeds to go into her lecture about how Goth is evil and I don't really know what it's like and don't be associated with that et cetera ad infinitum.

The irony? I am standing there wearing black jeans, black shoes, and a black t-shirt with bats on it. A shirt that she bought for me. Along with a dragon-claw necklace that she greatly admires. With the result of me wondering if she would actually recognize goth if it got up and danced in her face...let's see, you know your daughter wears all black, listens to "some weird 80's music", and has a thing for bats, skulls, and graveyards. Denial is wonderful, is it not?
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
Mr.Doobie

Cool story, bro.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Grausamkeit

This should have gone in the rant thread...

Godammit, DOOBZ, quit being where I'm being.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
BlacKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
This should have gone in the rant thread...
Ranting would imply I was actually annoyed. I'm mostly amused.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Grausamkeit

Okay, we have a hread about nothing in the general section and a thread about what has made your day, as well.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
Saya

Maybe she pegged you for a nerd. Twas how my mom identified my goth phase.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
Murder.Of.Crows

Then why is it in whining?

Anyways, to add to this thread, I told my parents I am most probably transgendered. The reaction was golden and they acted as it were a phase I would pass. When told that it was just a phase because I don't look or act feminine, I slightly chuckled and pointed out my enormous collection of nail polish, high heels, and other such articles of "non-masculine" items. They replied that they just thought I was goth... lol.
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:56 PM   #8
Grausamkeit

We called it 'the black phase' in my family. Some of us never grew out of it...

Old 06-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Then why is it in whining?

Anyways, to add to this thread, I told my parents I am most probably transgendered. The reaction was golden and they acted as it were a phase I would pass. When told that it was just a phase because I don't look or act feminine, I slightly chuckled and pointed out my enormous collection of nail polish, high heels, and other such articles of "non-masculine" items. They replied that they just thought I was goth... lol.
Yeah, it's totally a phase, like being gay or bi...... I remember the hetero phase I went through in school.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #10
BlacKat

It's in whining because I am incredibly bored and apparently too sleep-deprived to be patient and explore exactly Where Things Are Definitively Supposed To Go. This looked at least relatively appropriate.

And some parents are quite good at seeing exactly what they want to see in their child's life and not noticing anything else. Actually, that goes for people in general.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #11
Mr.Doobie

I already strongly dislike this person.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
Murder.Of.Crows

Doobie, do you like anyone?
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #13
BlacKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
I already strongly dislike this person.
Your opinion has been duly noted. Are there actual reasons other than putting a thread in the wrong place?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #14
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Doobie, do you like anyone?
I've grown to like Grausam, you and CarrionCorpse are cool but don't post enough, Desp and KK were alright until their workplace was IP banned, CptSternn is cool enough, Alan is a pretty cool guy, Stormtrooper is cool, Ophelia offered to let me party with her so I have a bias towards liking her.
Quote:
Your opinion has been duly noted. Are there actual reasons other than putting a thread in the wrong place?
How about the fact that you made an entire thread dedicated to your intensely boring story that happens to every teenager with a vampire fetish and two Bauhaus songs on their iTunes?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #15
Grausamkeit

I like you too, Doobz! Write me a song about life being pain and how painful it is being alive when people don't understand you and stuff.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
Grausamkeit

We can sing it to the newbz.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #17
BlacKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
How about the fact that you made an entire thread dedicated to your intensely boring story that happens to every teenager with a vampire fetish and two Bauhaus songs on their iTunes?
You know, I've never actually heard another person say that their parents refuse to believe their child is an actual goth. Especially not while actively encouraging their tastes in gothic fashion. Slightly different from the usual tales of wholesale banning of clothing, no?

Besides, if it's not for trivial boring stuff, why do we have a section entitled "whining"?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
Grausamkeit

To make you ask questions. It works quite well.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKat View Post
You know, I've never actually heard another person say that their parents refuse to believe their child is an actual goth. Especially not while actively encouraging their tastes in gothic fashion. Slightly different from the usual tales of wholesale banning of clothing, no?

Besides, if it's not for trivial boring stuff, why do we have a section entitled "whining"?
1) My parents misunderstand me because I dress like a freakshow and I have piercings in weird places. This not only describes most people here, but probably about half of the teenage population of most 1st world nations.

2) You made an entire thread dedicated to it.

3) Based on the tone in your post, you expected us to be amused by your tale. I can't speak for anyone, but I am not amused. Not only that, you seem to think your case is special and unique. It is not either.

Quote:
I like you too, Doobz! Write me a song about life being pain and how painful it is being alive when people don't understand you and stuff.
Naw dood...

I want to write a love song.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #20
Murder.Of.Crows

Nuh uh! I thought it was super special! Like one of those things that you press the button and lights fly out and there is candy in the center.... yeah candy.....
Old 06-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #21
Grausamkeit

I like candy! Are we having candy? I want Black Candy!

Mmmm, now I want Danzig!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #22
Ben Lahnger

I may be the only one here who thinks this, but she wasn't complaining about the 'rents, but chuckling over them being in denial.

Which means it probably could have gone in The New Thread About Nothing, but this isn't that big of a deal. And I'm big with the thread policing, yo!

Mom doesn't want her to become Gothic when the girl is already sporting the Gothic threads right in front of her and Mom doesn't recognize it? ... That is kinda amusing.

I'm all for roasting the "I'm so misunderstood and special" noobs, but this one isn't behaving like that.

And if the qualifier for being able to post something here is that it has to be unique and highly entertaining, we've all got a lot of posts we should be required to delete.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #23
Grausamkeit

How dare you suggest that everything I say isn't unique and special!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #24
Saya

Mostly I'm just sad I didn't make the list of people Doobie likes.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #25
Ben Lahnger

Don't cry, Grausamkeit. I'm sure some of the things you say are twice as unique and special as some of the ununique and unspecial things I say.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote