Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-17-2007, 04:19 AM   #76
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
I live in Norway, which currently is horribly cold, dark and dysmal. *sigh* Anyone want to sponsor a plane ticket to somewhere warm? I'm tired of the snow already...
We can swap places! I've always wanted to live through a Scandinavian winter. I think it has something to do with living in the tropics all my life and barely having experienced temperatures below 30˚C. I need negative temperatures, goddamnit!

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:33 AM   #77
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
We can swap places! I've always wanted to live through a Scandinavian winter. I think it has something to do with living in the tropics all my life and barely having experienced temperatures below 30˚C. I need negative temperatures, goddamnit!
Oh, let's! *laughs* I've always wanted to go to Asia, though. Sounds like a whole new world to explore...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:38 AM   #78
Tumor

Where am I from? Depends on what you mean as "from?"

I was born at Fort Bragg.

I was raised in Westport, Massachusetts.

I currently reside in Orange County, California. (I see no reason to name a city, as OC is basically just one large city itself.)
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:41 AM   #79
Tumor

Quote:
Consider yourself lucky. At this time of year, if I was still in MA, I'd be expecting to see 30˚ below! Fahrenheit, though. But still. That's pretty damn cold!
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:45 AM   #80
Tindomiel

Quote:
Heh, I'm from Sweden, and this winter has NOT been very 'wintery'. Lowest tempurature in Southern Sweden, where I reside, must have been like... -3˚C. It's raining all the time, and we haven't had any snow. (Oh, yes I blame global warming).
On the bright side, though, when the sun comes out it's almost like spring. No pun intended.
Tindomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #81
BlackButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_putrefaction
They say "I wish you a good moon" and "dark greetings my dark friend"... *sigh*
::snickers::

How can you keep a straight face? Seriously, I would POINT and laugh!

Luna, Querétaro is one of my favorite place-names. It's one of the places I actually want to go to and see if it is as pretty as its name is--well, there and Mexico City because my friend at work is always telling me how nice it is there.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #82
son_of_putrefaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna-
Woo, the goths in my town are not that great. They are, mostly, self centered beings with misconceptions of goth gothy gothness... and dress "goth" just to get attention. We, the enlightened young'uns are getting elitist because of the kids confusing goth with emo, and the elders all went promiscuous and became hypocrites. The events all suck, there used to be some cultural ones three years ago but no more, just booze and... music. Usually bad bands except for mine, of course :P.
But Mexico is pretty cool, I agree! I'd love to visit Peru some day. I lack music too, I can't get anything original and internet purchases aren't an option for me.

* Edited for coherence
I've got a lot of friends from Mexico! ^^, The problem with goths here is that they care more about how cool they think they are instead of being happy with their music and their way of living. They're elitist and pathetic, grrrrrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackButterfly
::snickers::

How can you keep a straight face? Seriously, I would POINT and laugh!
xD, I just don't pay attention anymore, they're a waste of my time. =P *laughs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindomiel
Heh, I'm from Sweden, and this winter has NOT been very 'wintery'. Lowest tempurature in Southern Sweden, where I reside, must have been like... -3˚C. It's raining all the time, and we haven't had any snow. (Oh, yes I blame global warming).
On the bright side, though, when the sun comes out it's almost like spring. No pun intended.
I love Sweden! Such a wonderfull music scene. And The Hives Manor is located there O_O, I want to go someday, I would like to live there..but I don't know sweadish =(.
son_of_putrefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:48 AM   #83
Ictum

I'm from ze capital of Sweden, Stockholm. Polar bears and all that kind of stuff.

No. Also, Swedes are by default "decent" at english so you would have no problems comming to the county. Stockholm is a beautiful city with alot of "alternative people" though it's mostly Emo/Punk/Trance, still some goths around.
Ictum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #84
son_of_putrefaction

I'm also decent at English..I think =P *dreams*, I love a lot of Swedish bands, amazing music. I'll have to get used to cold temperatures.
son_of_putrefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #85
Midnight_Fantasy

I was born in the county of Wiltshire UK and I have lived in Western Australia for most of my life.
Midnight_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #86
ArtificialOne

Hey midnight, Just came back from Adelaide. Didn't get to go to western australia though.. I would have stayed but the house prices were outrageous and also no taco bell... anyway g'day and cheers. Watch out for those drop bears...(that might have been an inside joke at work.. I don't know..lol)

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #87
the_ink_bleeds_faster

I'm origannly from Canada, but moved to Fortuna California when I was seven. It's okay, a small town yes. But theres hardly anything to do. That's why I've addapted to the internet.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #88
korinna5555

Loudoun County, Virginia

im literally praying to be able to either have my boyfriend come and live with me, or for me to be able to go live with him....
Old 01-18-2007, 01:54 AM   #89
Midnight_Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Hey midnight, Just came back from Adelaide. Didn't get to go to western australia though.. I would have stayed but the house prices were outrageous and also no taco bell... anyway g'day and cheers. Watch out for those drop bears...(that might have been an inside joke at work.. I don't know..lol)
Did you enjoy Adelaide! I haven't been there yet! I could be biased but I believe Western Australia is the best (beautiful sunsets and more space). Yeah prices here are outrageous and apparently they are set to rise even more.
Midnight_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 AM   #90
Cayca

I'm from Belgrade, Serbia. The capital of a small country on the Balkans.
I just love my city because it is found on two rivers, thirty-something hills and has a fortress turned into public park with museums and stuff. Celts, Ilirs, Romans, Slavs, Turks, Austro-Hungarians lived here and bult the town so we really do have a clash of cultures and styles here.
Belgrade is beautiful, Belgraders are not. Most of them are ill-educated and highly judgemental. It seems that people here have nothing to do but sit in cafes or go to clubs but people who don't listen to techno, rap or folk music don't have a propper place to go to.
Cayca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:48 AM   #91
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindomiel
Global warming is everywhere and it's becoming pretty damn obvious. I went to the Italian alps over Christmas to go skiing and there had only been one snowfall there. I'd come off the slopes drenched in sweat from the +3˚ heat .

And what's this I hear about ice storms in North America? The climate's going nuts...

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:58 AM   #92
Zenit

Indeed it is. And the poles are melting, and Bergen is drowning...Say goodbye Norwegian blackmetal...

I'm from Hammerfest, Norway, the worlds northmost town, but I reside in a dreary little town on the other side og the country, Grimstad. I miss home, especially because the winter this year has been non-existant....

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #93
ashleyxnicole

Quote:
Global warming is everywhere and it's becoming pretty damn obvious. I went to the Italian alps over Christmas to go skiing and there had only been one snowfall there. I'd come off the slopes drenched in sweat from the +3˚ heat .

And what's this I hear about ice storms in North America? The climate's going nuts...
The climate is totally nutzo right now. It just snowed in Malibu California! MALIBU!
Not to mention I live in Arizona, and it was 27 degrees last night. Very rare.
ashleyxnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #94
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenit
Indeed it is. And the poles are melting, and Bergen is drowning...Say goodbye Norwegian blackmetal...

I'm from Hammerfest, Norway, the worlds northmost town, but I reside in a dreary little town on the other side og the country, Grimstad. I miss home, especially because the winter this year has been non-existant....
I don't think we'll drown... we'll just have to adapt to a climate now usually found in Southern Europe, which I wouldn't mind (well, except for all the money I'd have to spend on sunscreen and parasols...). Hammerfest, wow. I've never been _that_ far north... I know a girl who's from there, though, a classmate.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #95
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
*gasp* I wish for a little bit of snow. In fact, I´ve never in my life touched real snow. I´m so resigned that I´ve bought some "fake snow" (very strange, you add water to a white powder, and then it goes all cold and soft).
Venezuela is very Tropical place, with lots of beaches and too much sun. And it´s in the middle of a politic chaos right now...Maybe I could go to Europe, study something...if not, I´ll end up in the states...
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #96
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I want to live in Europe, at least for a while.

There's actually snow here. There wasn't last year, and there wasn't any until a couple days ago. Then yesterday it was so cold that the hairs on my upper lip would freeze to my scarf when I inhaled...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #97
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Hahaha, funny. I´ve heard that sometimes it gets so cold, that your nose seems to get congealed every time you breathe.
snow...snow....T_T
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #98
ArtificialOne

I used to work at a mountain resort and my gotee used to freeze.. and would stay that way through lunch...I like snow...when I want it...it's a pain in the but when you don't.... oh well now I have to sleep and get ready to head out west tomorrow.....

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:06 PM   #99
Clockwork

Quote:
Yes, it is strange. Washington was pelted with the worst snow season in twenty years. We were off school for a week. And I heard it was pretty damn cold in California, but snow in Malibu? Something is afoot...
Old 01-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #100
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Watch out for those drop bears...(that might have been an inside joke at work.. I don't know..lol)
Drop bears! They were in a book by Terry Pratchet, called The Last Continent, which is about a continent that is, as far as I know, pretty much like Australia. Many sheep, much desert, etc. Anyway, they sit in trees and then ambush you by dropping down onto your head and killing you that way, then they eat you.
It's an excellent read, and I highly recommend it. Very funny.

My parents took a trip to Texas, and they're saying that it was warm all last week, and then as soon as they got there, it was 5c with chance of snow. In TEXAS. Bweh!
Also, the birds here didn't migrate south for a long time, and there were NEW BUDS on some of the trees. We had violets blooming in mid-December, and they normally come up in the spring. *shakes head*
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote