Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #26
retribution

I found some obnoxious neon green shorts. They were a thick really stiff material. So I thought it was perfect. I got them a bit big so they go down to the tops of my ankles. I splattered them with bleach, and to my surprise the fabric turned blue, then white. I splattered them all over, then rinsed, did again, and rinsed again, to result in them being covered with a mix of dark blue and white splatters. I think it looks really sweet. I'll add some studs later.

How do you put on zippers? I may do that if its not too difficult.

And in your opinion where are some goods spots for plain silver or copper colored round studs? I was thinking maybe the pockets, but I'd like for it to be more noticeable.
retribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #27
triggerhappi26

google bondage pants have fun there's lots of great sites.

One I've used and I know is fair to their customers is slash and burn though from what I remember their male section is fairly small
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:53 AM   #28
retribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerhappi26 View Post
google bondage pants have fun there's lots of great sites.

One I've used and I know is fair to their customers is slash and burn though from what I remember their male section is fairly small
didn't like anything from slash and burn.
I've tried that before, all the results are expensive as shit.
retribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #29
Breathless Horror

Flat studs, and to a lesser extent small dome studs, can go pretty much anywhere. Don't put studs where if you kneel down you'll have them imbedded in your shins and knees, and dome studs in yer arse when you sit down insn't always a good time either. Other than that, put 'em where you want. You can even make images and phrases with them. I knew one girl who's hat had "fuck you" in pyramid studs on it.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:28 AM   #30
RottenLace

You can always try skinny jeans that are ripped to hell... deathrock style
RottenLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #31
CarmillaStyria

There's a jean retailer in my city so I wear black trendy jeans right now I have 3 pair of Guess jeans that cost me 40$ each (normal retail price is 110$). but I also do have 2 pairs lip service gangster pants with the lines in white and blue but those cost me 70$. If I want to be really comfy I buy Army's surpluss baggy pants...they look good and last an average of 5 years which is incredible. Other than that I wear victorian skirts
CarmillaStyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #32
soloskull

they are some nice gothic punk pants you can find on etsy.com
soloskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #33
vindicatedxjin

This thread is stupid.
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #34
Warlord838

Unemployment who pants not like size baggy or Skinny both too this Hot Topic and storepace the unemployment people poor job never rich no goal Hot Topic Inc Bussnes pursuit of Emconomy old last year who blame the people no one are unkonwn like as JP Morgon.

HOT TOPIC NO RICH DUE BACK WELFARE ONLY AMERICAN.

Last edited by Warlord838; 12-17-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Change wrirte
Warlord838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #35
^^v^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
This thread is stupid.
Yup, because real goths don't wear pants:P
^^v^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #36
vindicatedxjin

You're stupid.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #37
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
You're stupid.
Well, you're the one wearing pants :P
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #38
vindicatedxjin

Maaan Saya, I'm on a roll here...
Old 02-24-2011, 06:42 AM   #39
Viviane_Section

Hot Topic's not intrinsically bad if you look out for clearances, but I'd suggest ebay. You can get all kinds of everything really cheap there.
I've got a pair of cargos from ebay which is basically tripp pants without the brandname and dangly bits(and the ginormous price)
(So I'm not only a poser, but a broke poser, too? Go me.)
Viviane_Section is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 05:19 PM   #40
THEUNQUIETGRAVE

An Old Thread, but I figured it would be worth adding some of my feedback on this.

Tripp is still really your best bet overall, when it comes to the basic staple Punk or Goth style Bondage Pants. The design of them just fit all that much better and are really well thought out in that way, compared to a lot of other ones out there.

The whole trend where it became "Poseurs Wearing Tripp Pants" had a lot more to do with the horrible "baggy" and "funky" looking styles that became really popular in the 90's / 2000's and were popular with Scenester Kids who tried dressing "Goff" but did not even listen to Goth Music whatsoever but instead were into Nu Metal, MetalCore and all the other annoying stuff.

What they did was give insult to the "Tripp" Brand and Legacy, and especially with Hot Topic actually selling a lot of varieties, and it was known what type of people shop at Hot Topic.

But, Tripp Bondage Pants have always been considered a staple for most Punks and Goths for a long time now...

AFIK, Hot Topic hardly sells anything by them anymore, and there are even more limited outlets where you can buy Tripp Pants unless you intend on paying the full price directly from their website, but I would say anyone who wants to wear them who actually likes them, should feel totally proud and fine wearing them, go right. ahead.

Other than that, I agree that Goth Pants are definitely limited for Men, along with most Goth clothing in general, and the thing is a lot of the ones you will find in most places online or on Etsy should largely be avoided because a lot of times they are selling Knock-offs of the Real Brands who make them, or they are otherwise really generic crap trousers made with really low-grade rivets, rings and zippers or stitching that will literally fall apart the moment you put them on.

Aside from Tripp, I would recommend looking exclusively at British Designers or British Designer Shops, some which are still manufacturing in the UK although not nearly as many as there used to be. Tripp usually is Manufactured in China, while many of the British Designers like Chemical Black/Vixxsin manufacture in Pakistan.

But the design, fit and look of the UK Designer Brands will nearly always be superb and more Traditional compared to other imitation brands. They just have a much more solid look.
THEUNQUIETGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 02:15 AM   #41
Molster

I tend to wear skirts and dresses more than jeans and trousers. But when I wear jeans they tend to be skinnies...leather, denim, rubber... don't care what brand, just that they look out feel right
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote