Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

View Poll Results: Like or dont like? What's your opinion?
Great Movie! 65 85.53%
Horrible! 2 2.63%
Never seen it.. 9 11.84%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2004, 05:57 PM   #26
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
he he... one of my friends makes fun of me because of how cool I think David Bowie is... but she obssesses over anime characters, so I can make her shut up pretty quickly.
Hell yeah, Bowie kicks so much more ass than anime
It's really funny! All I have to say is "Kenshin and Sanosuke on the other hand...' *hee*
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:10 PM   #27
WolfMoon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:
he he... one of my friends makes fun of me because of how cool I think David Bowie is... but she obssesses over anime characters, so I can make her shut up pretty quickly.
Hell yeah, Bowie kicks so much more ass than anime
It's really funny! All I have to say is "Kenshin and Sanosuke on the other hand...' *hee*
And what about Inuyasha?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:46 PM   #28
Jane13

Inuyasha has been claimed by another of my friends :P I have to say, laba from Vampire princess miyu is really cool, but no where NEAR david bowie...
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 11-10-2004, 04:33 PM   #29
centurion

"80s hair"????
You mean, having that kind of hairstyle today isn`t cool???

"no one can blame you
for walking away...."
centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:20 PM   #30
Organizm

I thought it was a great movie
Organizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:31 AM   #31
Deadhymn

anyone else happen to notice that David Bowie was sporting a ridiculously large codpiece in this film?
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:42 PM   #32
ShaydWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Immortal
If I watch Labrynth now, my eyes will stay glued to David Bowie's hands as he twirls those glass balls around in his hand....

Damn and bless dexterity....

*Soul*
Soul,if it makes you feel any better,I heard it wasn't actually Bowie doing most of the juggling.It was some guy standing behind him or something.I've never seen the 'making of',but that's what someone told that supposedly did.

I always wondered how they hid the guy if it was someone behind him.
It's not Bowie, it is a professional juggler. He stood crouched behind Bowie with his arm sticking out from under Bowie's arm. He was doing it blind (due to Bowie blocking his view) so it took a ton of takes to make it happen right, but supposedly Bowie was extremely patient and gracious to the guy because Bowie realized how extremely uncomfortable the poor guy was crouching behind him.
ShaydWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:57 PM   #33
drgnlvr

Labyrinth is still one of my favorite movies! I am even proud to say, I now have it on DVD! :lol:
drgnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 02:31 PM   #34
Ravena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnlvr
Labyrinth is still one of my favorite movies! I am even proud to say, I now have it on DVD! :lol:
Me too! I got the DVD set that has the Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal on it.
Good times. Of course, thanks to a certain person I won't name (MAIMY) I will never be able to watch it again.
Kidding. If you didn't notice that bulge within the first fifteen minutes of the movie, you're blind.
I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Ravena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:34 PM   #35
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravena

Kidding. If you didn't notice that bulge within the first fifteen minutes of the movie, you're blind.
True dat! 8)
drgnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:06 PM   #36
Ravena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnlvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravena

True dat! 8)
Well, you might be blind now if you got too close to the screen and the bulge poked your eyes out... :lol: God I'm dirty.
I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Ravena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:08 PM   #37
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhymn
anyone else happen to notice that David Bowie was sporting a ridiculously large codpiece in this film?
'Codpiece' may be debatable.Unless it's an anatomically shaped one.Yes, I've paid that much attention to the movie.

But thanks for trying to ruin our fascination with saggy old-man balls.

:lol:

Kudos to anyone who gets the reference.You're as silly as me.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:51 AM   #38
a_S

I really like that movie, and well I have to admit that I like David Bowie since I was 6. Another nice movie for me from those years is "The Neverending Story"
a_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:30 AM   #39
Jane13

Hey, a_S, nice font 8) The neverending story is great. Has anyone else seen the Gumby movie? TRIPIEST MOVIE EVER! It's like schizofrenia times infinity... plus one!
-Cinema Strange
Old 02-27-2005, 05:51 PM   #40
Deadhymn

Bowie was also awesome in The Hunger. Bowie as a vampire....go figure.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #41
a_S

thanks Jane13, but now I don't remember which one was it. I hope this one is the same
Old 02-27-2005, 10:04 PM   #42
a_S

yes!!! it was the same
Old 02-28-2005, 04:32 PM   #43
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhymn
Bowie was also awesome in The Hunger. Bowie as a vampire....go figure.
I wanna see that! ... I didn't rent it, because I thought there might be a lot of sex and stuff :oops: I hate watching movies like that.
-Cinema Strange
Old 04-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #44
Patricia

I grew up on fantasy films. Conan, Red Sonja, The Dark Crystal, The Neverending Story, Legend, Willow, Faerie Tale, Dragonslayer, Excalibur, and of course, Labyrinth. Yes, the acting is bad and some of the songs are silly, but it's JARETH, dammit! He set the standard for what I look for in a man (no, NOT the bulge).

"As the World Falls Down" is a pretty great song too.

I'm getting a tattoo of Jareth on my leg in his clothing from the ballroom scene, but it will be from the waist up. I'm pervy, but I wouldn't want the world to start revolving around my knee . . .
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #45
Deadhymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I grew up on fantasy films. Conan, Red Sonja, The Dark Crystal, The Neverending Story, Legend, Willow, Faerie Tale, Dragonslayer, Excalibur, and of course, Labyrinth.
glad to see there's another Conan/Red Sonja fan out there.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:04 PM   #46
Soul_Immortal

I am very shocked that Highlander a la Christopher Lambert hasn't been brought up....but yes, Labyrinth was a good movie.

*thinks about David Bowie's bulge and ball twirling stunt double*

*Soul*
Old 04-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #47
OnixxFilth

Hehe, I still love Labyrinth. Dammit! Now you've got me thinking about his bulge! :lol: It was my friend Danielle who discovered that part when we were in seventh grade, I think. We used to rewind and fast forward and pause sooo much just to see it! There were also numerous jokes about "crystal balls" and such. What do you expect from two parochial schoolgirls who had never had much sex ed other than being taught that it's wrong before marriage?
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:41 AM   #48
Deadhymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Immortal
I am very shocked that Highlander a la Christopher Lambert hasn't been brought up....
Yeah, the first two movies were good....and the final one with Duncan from the TV series (more Queen music there...), but can anyone argue that aside from infomercials, that Highlander The Series is the BEST invention for late night TV EVER?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #49
OnixxFilth

I had a betta I named Jareth after the Labyrinth character. He was pretty- all reds and purples and blues...
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:32 PM   #50
Jane13

I thought you meant David Bowie was pretty... but that's also true. My friend and I spent forever naming her beta... we first thoght "Hitler" because it got mad at everything, then "Badfish" because Kim loves Sublime.... I still don't know what that fish's name is 0.o
-Cinema Strange