Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #26
Scotty_Sunday

I've been fine in a mexican resturaunt, though I've only been to one once... One strange thing that happened for a while was I couldn't really go into a subway resturaunt without feeling kind of itchy. They started putting avocado on the menu and it gave off a really funky smell which set me off O.o
Scotty_Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #27
Toy Killer

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion...
Toy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #28
Opteron_Man

To help keep my face light and clean, I use a mixture of yogart and lemon juice. I mix it in a bowl then spread it on while avoiding the eyes.
I leave it on for about 15 min. I does sting slightly though. But my skin seems refreashed and has a lighter shade afterwards. Try it!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #29
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Killer
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion...
Patrick Bateman? That you?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #30
Toy Killer

I'm glad someone got the refrence!
Toy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #31
Dark Rapunzel

I use an egg mask on my face sometimes - very simple: separate the yolk from the white of the egg and beat the white until it's frothy, then apply to your face like a mask. Wait for it to dry (it'll feel tight and weird) then rinse off. After that, apply the yolk to your face as you would a mask - then wait for that to dry (egg yolk is a natural moisturizer so it's really good for your skin) and then rinse it off. It whitens your skin a little and your skin feels soft and great afterwards!
Dark Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #32
Pineapple_Juice

When I have a fat zit I mix up a sea salt soak in hot water and dip a washcloth in it and set it on the zit. Thought it up 'cause hey-if it works for infected piercings, why can't it work for infected pores?
Old 02-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #33
Saya

Holding an ice cube to a zit works wonders. It gets really red and seems really big at first, but soon after it shrinks.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #34
Dr Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
When I have a fat zit I mix up a sea salt soak in hot water and dip a washcloth in it and set it on the zit. Thought it up 'cause hey-if it works for infected piercings, why can't it work for infected pores?
I use that for beard rash.
Dr Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #35
vashsunglasses

Cool

Put Milk of Magnesia on your face for oily skin. A thin coat works all day to soak up oil and it's super inexpensive (I got a huge jug of generic at Wal-mart for 3 bucks). I put it on every day (after I moisturize but before I put on foundation) and it helps my makeup last for hours longer than it would have otherwise.

Make sure you get the original formula. The flavored versions have sugar in them.
vashsunglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #36
Pineapple_Juice

^ I use milk of magnesia as a primer before my makeup! It really does work well. Powder finish feel, just like expensive primers.