Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
DeathriteShaman

Salutations from DRS

I run a kitchen that butchers and burns, well chars (same smell) about $16000 in red meat a day. Its my little piece of heaven in Atlanta, Georgia. Origionally I hail from Maryland in the hills of Frederick. Difficult to pick a favorite author but I suppose the Champion would be Lewis Carrol. I watch at least one movie a day, sometimes two or three on my days off. Recently I am a big fan of the nightwatch / daywatch movies and the underworld soon to be trilogy. Anne Rice is practically a saint and deserves mentioning. Most of the movies I like were great books so theres a lot of crossover here. My next wedding I would like to hear Ave Maria ( Requiem Version ) and then Bella Lugosi is dead ( Sisters of Mercy ). I hope to die by a generous dose of morphine that is removed with my blood and spirit via the mouthes of at least four Vixins, slowly...
I would like to be buried in a plexiglas casket in the exact way I was found dead, no fluid please just my smiling wrinkled up body, but go nuts with the make up, morticians are the best make up artists truely.
Favorite outfit, another tough one, well Im fond of Brooks Brothers Shirts, I find that if you buy them with the sleaves too long they accentuate the quality of the cuffs, all of my suits and coats are black but Im particularly fond of a tux jacket of my grandfathers that I had taylored to fit me as a sportcoat, thin velvet lapels, wonderful. I have a love /hate relationship with boots and shoes.
What I miss most about being a child would be the absence of responsibility, spending entire seasons in fruit trees just being, well just being. I have spent my whole life on a spiritual quest that leads me back to latent abilities that probably most childeren have. My favorite band changes weekly due to mania issues that I take medicine for.. This week it's the Yea Yea Yea's first album. Oh god mabey its the pixies, ask me next week. I have a crappy public school GED that enabled me to attend E.M.T. school which was awesome but I went too late in life and I couldent afford the work (quarter life crisis).
I joined to be harassed by grammer nazis and discuss the many facets of Gothic life and culture. Im also scared of most of the people in my life and I miss having "cyberfriends" On a side note I am looking for help/inspiration for a movie that I would like to make sometime before I die about the true nature regarding The Order of the Dragon, anyone who knows what im talking about and has any information PLEASE CONTACT ME and dont bother with the stuff that any idiot can google, i have a computer..

As to my gender, I am a Gentleman.

Thank you for listening
Fire Guide You

Deathrite Shaman
DeathriteShaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
DeathriteShaman

testing testing testing
DeathriteShaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
Delkaetre

Welcome. Verbosity's a useful trait, but you may wish to invest more time in spelling and punctuation- run on sentences don't make for an easy read, I'm afraid.
Other than that, cool music taste- nice to see someone who likes the Pixies, and your clothes taste seems pretty decent. Tailored jackets are excellent things to own.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Hail Grammar Hitler!! Welcome.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
suture-self

[quote=DeathriteShaman]
I would like to be buried in a plexiglas casket in the exact way I was found dead, no fluid please just my smiling wrinkled up body, but go nuts with the make up, morticians are the best make up artists truely.

Why thank you, I'm a mortician.
Welcome.
suture-self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
Bete Noire

"My next wedding I would like to hear Ave Maria ( Requiem Version ) and then Bella Lugosi is dead ( Sisters of Mercy )."

I like Bela Lugosi's Dead, and I like Sisters of Mercy. Wasn't aware the two were combined.

Anyhow welcome.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #7
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!!!
Wasn't Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus? I didn't know that The Sisters of Mercy did this song as well. I have to take a look at that. :P
Old 12-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #8
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
Welcome to the boards!!!
Wasn't Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus? I didn't know that The Sisters of Mercy did this song as well. I have to take a look at that. :P
As far as I know. They didn't.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #9
Wormboy

IT was Bauhaus ^_^, even I know that.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #10
Xombie

Oh, let's not dwell on Bela Lugosi. There are more important things in that introduction, such as the plexiglass coffin. That's awesome, and I completely agree with you not wanting embalming fluid. I think it's unnatural and unnecessary. If we're going to be buried into the ground, why do our bodies need to be preserved?
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote