Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #376
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
Darkheart, you cannot use a pronoun without an antecedent, that's what she was saying. If your post was like this:

You're an idiot.

That is wrong, but if you said: Omega, you're an idiot.

That is right, you need an antecedent otherwise it's grammatically incorrect.

I try not to jump down people's throats for this, because these are fora, not an English essay, but it's a rule.
Good to know-- thanks!
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:47 AM   #377
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
-.-' Sir Boogerhead, my response to this is quit it. You started the grammatical war and so you should surrender or your entire duration here will be people going, "He made an error? OMG he made an error! Die bitch!" So ignore it, and don't start it up again.
Yes, but Insert I have knowledge of grammar rules than you don't have, I make mistakes, but you just don't know you're making them.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #378
Delicate_Torture

I can't believe that people are still posting to this thread.

I can't believe that I posted to this thread.

Fuck.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #379
DarkHeartedDemoness

Ooh, and your post made it 9 pages!
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #380
Dead Cell

I might as well put in my 2 cents. I have nothing against you but your name... Why 666. Does it have meaning to you? Besides 666 is more of a Christian/Satanist symbol. I mean Christians view that as the sign of the devil. I simply look at it as a number. (Hmmm. This makes me think to make a topic of names...)
Dead Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #381
DarkHeartedDemoness

I'm going to guess that it's satirical. This person has a disdain for the gothic culture, yet his screen name is "Omega Goth 666", but with a little more l33t for effect. It's a poke at goths and at forums.

That's just my take on it, though.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #382
Dead Cell

sounds good to me...
Dead Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #383
insertwittyname

Quote:
Yes, but Insert I have knowledge of grammar rules than you don't have, I make mistakes, but you just don't know you're making them.
Yes, make fun of my writing. -.- Now, be a good booger and stop being the English teacher from hell.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #384
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
I'm going to guess that it's satirical. This person has a disdain for the gothic culture, yet his screen name is "Omega Goth 666", but with a little more l33t for effect. It's a poke at goths and at forums.

That's just my take on it, though.

Congratulations, you win a prize. One night with me, in hell.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #385
LostAndCrazy

We should all stop taking ourselves too seriously. Again an opinion and classify it as whining if you must.
LostAndCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:51 AM   #386
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndCrazy
We should all stop taking ourselves too seriously. Again an opinion and classify it as whining if you must.
Stop it.

I can't figure out if you're really that afraid of offending someone (you seem to put this disclaimer on all of your posts), or if you just want to avoid having to stand behind what you've said. Either way, we KNOW it's an opinion. Unless you cite something as a fact (for instance, my car gets 34 miles to the gallon-- that's a fact), we can pretty much assume that it's an opinion.

If what you are saying is something that you believe, you shouldn't have to put a disclaimer on it.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #387
xxkissxmexgoodbye

Quote:
y r u ppl so meen to me?
hehe... don't worry they bash me pretty hard too... sooo... yeah... we should just stick together here!! xheroinekilledthecatx@**********

Axelle
xxkissxmexgoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #388
om3gag0th666

I rule, so it's hard to not bash me.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #389
DarkHeartedDemoness

Dammit. I was all excited, waiting to see how you were going to reacte... Not NEARLY as harsh (nor funny) as I had anticipated.

Sir, I am disappointed.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #390
om3gag0th666

What can I say? I live to be anticlimatic.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #391
insertwittyname

The evil booger of death has come back. And I still can't figure out what his icon is. Maybe he will answer me and then make fun of my not knowing any celebrities/popular/well known peoples. Ands...we all go to hell, so anyone want to set up a spades roundevous*if i spelled it wrong, hey, it's French, I take espanol* and kick Sir Booger's ass in death?
Old 11-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #392
LostAndCrazy

Quote:
Stop it.

I can't figure out if you're really that afraid of offending someone (you seem to put this disclaimer on all of your posts), or if you just want to avoid having to stand behind what you've said. Either way, we KNOW it's an opinion. Unless you cite something as a fact (for instance, my car gets 34 miles to the gallon-- that's a fact), we can pretty much assume that it's an opinion.

If what you are saying is something that you believe, you shouldn't have to put a disclaimer on it.
The only reason is because most people do not understand the distinction between opinions and facts. However, I'll drop the fucking disclaimer and assume that all I say will be taken as an opinion. If shit I say annoys you then so be it, that I cannot help, disclaimer aside. *shrugs*
LostAndCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:47 AM   #393
om3gag0th666

Quote:
The evil booger of death has come back. And I still can't figure out what his icon is. Maybe he will answer me and then make fun of my not knowing any celebrities/popular/well known peoples. Ands...we all go to hell, so anyone want to set up a spades roundevous*if i spelled it wrong, hey, it's French, I take espanol* and kick Sir Booger's ass in death?
Alex from A Clockwork Orange, read the book it's by Anthony Burgess. Best read you might ever have.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:39 AM   #394
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Sweetie, real quick here: A Clockwork Orange was made in 1971, so you weren't even born when it first came out. That notwithstanding, I highly recommend watching/reading it. Reading it can be a little more difficult, if you're not very good with languages. With the movie, tonal inflection can help the context of certain words. (Just to note, I'm not being condescending-- a lot of people find the nadsat/english thing a little difficult).

Secondly, for future reference (I'm not correcting you, just letting you know should you want to know in the future), it's rendezvous. You're right, though. It's French.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #395
om3gag0th666

Nadsat slang is a spin-off of Russian, I liked it, I found it easy to understand after page 20 or so, then I flew through the book all skorry like oh my brothers.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #396
BlackButterfly

Aah, Nadsat... that was a slang I found interesting, but I never quite got the hang of speaking it though... no one to practice it with... :P

Some of the words stuck with me though, like "zammechat", "interessovat", and "chelloveck" (I like the "feel" of them...) Russian was one of those languages that have pretty-sounding words, so I picked up a few... my fave word in actual Russian is "kruzhili" (I think I spelled that right...). Yeah, so I'm rambling...

I had to read "A Clockwork Orange" as a summer reading requirement for a school in one state, and moved to another state before I started the Lit' class in which I had the report due... bummer... and I worked so hard on that damned paper... It's been a while... I should read it again! I've probably forgotten half of it by now.

I loved the imagery and costumes in the movie, though, and it did give a little substance to how the British accent affects the slang terms you read in the book.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #397
DarkHeartedDemoness

I loved the book, personally, but my boyfriend isn't as literary as I am (I think it's because I have more vivid of an imagination) so he had to watch the movie to really "get it". The tonal inflections, for him, were all it took.

Actually, I heard about the book from my dad... I was in 8th grade, and I found it in his bookshelf (I had long since read every other book in the house), and he said I could read it.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 11-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #398
insertwittyname

Quote:
Sweetie, real quick here: A Clockwork Orange was made in 1971, so you weren't even born when it first came out. That notwithstanding, I highly recommend watching/reading it. Reading it can be a little more difficult, if you're not very good with languages. With the movie, tonal inflection can help the context of certain words. (Just to note, I'm not being condescending-- a lot of people find the nadsat/english thing a little difficult).

Secondly, for future reference (I'm not correcting you, just letting you know should you want to know in the future), it's rendezvous. You're right, though. It's French.

I suck at spelling and I hate all things relating to Spanish as it is the evil language of death! The words run through my head... I'm pretty good at the reading speal, I can normally figure out words with the context and if not there is always the internet. And damn. O.o That came out when my mother was like 8 or something.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #399
BlackButterfly

Hey kid, Spanish is tons easier to learn than Japanese, and you'll get lots of practice using it over here...

@.o...

Damn, whose mother just possessed my keyboard?
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:14 PM   #400
Godslayer Jillian

I thought English was a germanic language.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote