Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
wolf moon

SOPA Filibuster

Senator Ron Wyden (D - Oregon) has promised to filibuster SOPA if it comes up for vote. He plans to do so by reading the names of every person who signs the petition at stopcensorship.org.

You should only sign it if you enjoy the internet.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Alan

Can anyone tell me what's the progress with SOPA?
I know it was supposed to go to congress in the 17th but I haven't heard much after that.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Here is a link to the Mozilla blog about SOPA and countermeasure progress:

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/11/15/mozilla/

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I don't suppose anyone knows where one can watch this online? I'm actually interested in watching this filibuster. I signed up as soon as I got the email yesterday, so I want to see if I can catch my name:P, it will be interesting to see how good his name pronunciation is.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
wolf moon

C-SPAN might cover it... but they seem to favor the incredibly dull bits, generally speaking.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
C-SPAN might cover it... but they seem to favor the incredibly dull bits, generally speaking.
Duller than a filibuster?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
wolf moon

Oh, they'll find a way. When the filibuster is all "I'm gonna read from the dictionary!" they'll totally cover it. When it's the sort of filibuster where your name might get read off in recognition of your attempt to protect the country from a horrible violation of civil rights... then they're just gonna decide to cover some sort of committee instead.