Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Kreetard

A teeny bit of a facepalm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7jIREPpuGo

My thoughts on this video:

I don't think they should have humored that cluster of lame at all.
They didn't seem to be dressed too outlandishly, but I did think the one girl looked a bit over the top with vampire teeth drawn on.
What a huge ass crowd.
When did gothbashing get so fucking popular? Have I just been exceptionally lucky this far in my life?

Your thoughts?
Kreetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Konstantin

That's... more than a little disturbing, actually. It's really no surprise that some people from a relatively small suburban town end up being close-minded assholes, but I'll still never get used to seeing it. And Oakville is no more than a couple of hours away from where I live...

I've seen plenty of instances of people making snide remarks towards goths, but I don't think I've ever seen a gathering like that.
Konstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Red Menace

Hmm. If you read the text, it seems they were "reciting poetry". Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it would attract attention, and it did look like they were loving that attention. If they wanted to get away, all they had to do was walk away or go into the Starbucks their friend went into.

You can't win against that kind of mob behaviour by engaging with it; they're lucky frankly it was mostly younger kids, and in a very public place.
Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote