Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-21-2011, 03:06 AM   #4201
Fruitbat

Can't stop thinking about the monster-in-law. Fainted with a kettle full of boiling water. Got some really nasty burns on her arm, shoulder and breast. Had skin grafts - from her knee to her thigh.

Luckily she didn't get her face and she can hide the scars with long sleeve tops but still, it fuckin' sucks.

Trying to crack jokes about it, but the last time I saw her, she reminded me of my mother when she was sick and it all came back to me - watching my own mum fade away.

Tomorrow is a new day and I'll be stronger, but for now I'll just dwell.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #4202
Grausamkeit

Fru, I feel the same way about seeing my husband's grandmother. Seeing her decline brings back the pain of watching my own Grandmother's decline. *hugz*

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #4203
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Fru, I feel the same way about seeing my husband's grandmother. Seeing her decline brings back the pain of watching my own Grandmother's decline. *hugz*
Thanks Graus,

Yeah the flashbacks are a bitch.

Super big hugs.

I'm procrastinating something chronic today... fuck this. Mr Bat has my car because the other car has a tyre that's got major tread issues and I'm housebound and tired. What I need is a good..............sleep

Old 10-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #4204
Grausamkeit

They do have services for that!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #4205
Saya

Knitting cables like a big girl now.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #4206
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Knitting cables like a big girl now.
I love cabling. Except when I hate it.

Aside: Neil Gaiman talked to me on twitter. It happens sometimes. I get super fucking excited every single time.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #4207
Fruitbat

Quote:

They do have services for that!
I know right? Mr Bat could have done the guy thing and taken the car to the garage on the weekend to get someone to change the tyre for him, but ohh no that involves actually doing something. It's much easier to just use my car, use my petrol and not fill the friggin' tank when he's finished.

Oh there goes bitch mode. Wondered when that switch would flick on. *wink*

I'll just drive it down to the service station tomorrow and get them to swap it for the spare.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #4208
carakitty

Hoping I don't go completely bat-shit crazy this week with the kid being on Fall Break
Old 10-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #4209
Grausamkeit

Fru, call a man to fix it next time.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #4210
carakitty

Mr. Kitty + the Kitten are leaving tomorrow for a trip out to visit the ailing MIL/ GrandKitty. This just might turn out to be the Kitten's last time seeing her. I hope their visit goes very well.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #4211
wolf moon

I just discovered Cupcake Ipsum.

Quote:
Cookie topping faworki powder cupcake liquorice gummi bears sweet roll I love. Chocolate bar danish donut pie jelly. Pie tootsie roll pastry bonbon liquorice liquorice sweet ice cream. Jelly beans dessert chocolate cake. Tiramisu jelly-o applicake cheesecake gingerbread.
I realize my excitement about this only serves to make my high level of geek painfully apparent, but whatever. It's freaking Cupcake Ipsum.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #4212
Grausamkeit

I don't understand what you're excited about. It looks like a bunch of sugary gibberish. Unless it's sitting right in front of me, I refuse to get excited.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:09 AM   #4213
wolf moon

It's a very me-specific sort of excitement. Which is probably why the person who sent me the site was so eager for me to see it - hyper-nerdy-cupcake-lovers are few and far between. It's exciting because it's a new and different Lorem Ipsum, which is neat because the old standard stuff is boring and ubiquitous. And it's exciting because it's dessert-themed, which makes it freaking adorable. Adorable things in the computer/design-nerd-world are few and far between, and therefore must be treasured. Ironically, I would not get excited by a literal dessert sitting in front of me, as I don't eat sugar and find them sorta yucky. I just like the concept and adorableness of tiny frosted desserts. I even have a cupcake tattooed on me.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #4214
Valhalla

I think I wasn't meant to be a science student. Now I'm changing my plans for the future, and I'm actually excited about it.

For the first time in a long time I feel like I have more of a solid plan, and things will work out. This might be the change in life I was looking for.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #4215
Saya

Whatchya doing now?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #4216
Versus

I've decided my new man crush is Joe Rogan.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #4217
Saya

I ended up having no time to make my own costume, and I got really frustrated with how most women's costumes are Sexy Witch! Sexy Nurse! Sexy Burrito!

And given with how FREAKING COLD it suddenly got (supposed to snow tonight! SNOW!), I just bought some stuff to pull together a Sensibly Dressed Cute Witch costume.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #4218
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya View Post
i ended up having no time to make my own costume, and i got really frustrated with how most women's costumes are sexy witch! Sexy nurse! Sexy burrito!
now i want to be a sexy burrito.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #4219
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Whatchya doing now?
I'm doing a B.Comm and an arts degree. I'm thinking accounting for my business focus, Psychology for the major, and not sure on the minor right now.

I have to figure out which language I want to do. Either German because it's pretty, or French because I already know so much of it. Also need to see which research course seems the most interesting.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #4220
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
I'm doing a B.Comm and an arts degree. I'm thinking accounting for my business focus, Psychology for the major, and not sure on the minor right now.

I have to figure out which language I want to do. Either German because it's pretty, or French because I already know so much of it. Also need to see which research course seems the most interesting.
I hear German is pretty good for business, and French will give you an advantage in Canada, but the downside is everyone I know doing French says the department sucks.

Do you mean the research/writing courses you need for a BA? I did the intro philosophy course which is a lot of fun, and Religious Studies: Christianity from the Reformation to the Present. That one was a lot of work but I really liked the prof.

Way back when I first went to school I also did the Folklore class (structure was different though), and its not bad for research writing, its just that you have to do a lot of interviews and such for it, which sucks if you're given a topic and you don't know anyone who can relate to it. I ended up not passing, heh. The History ones sound pretty good, I dropped a History course last year though because he wanted us to start writing RIGHT AWAY, and I still had to wait for my student loan to buy the book, which the journals were supposed to be based on.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #4221
Fruitbat

Quote:
Fru, call a man to fix it next time.
Oh which man would I call?... hmmm.. Bruce Campbell.. oh he's so dreamy... *drooling*

Old 10-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #4222
Grausamkeit

Well, when a normal man can't get the job done you gotta call the King, baby!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #4223
carakitty

I fell asleep like a Vampire last night- body stick straight, arms crossed on top of my chest. I liked it a lot. Feeling my heart beat helped me slow it down to a relaxed sleeping state easier and I didn't feel like my limbs were flapping about senselessly.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #4224
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
I fell asleep like a Vampire last night- body stick straight, arms crossed on top of my chest. I liked it a lot. Feeling my heart beat helped me slow it down to a relaxed sleeping state easier and I didn't feel like my limbs were flapping about senselessly.
There's a reason that they wrap babies like little burritos after they're born. It's comforting, like giving yourself a hug while sleeping.
I don't think of sleeping with my arms crossed on my chest as 'vampire-like', hell, I've never even seen them do that in real life in a casket. It's a myth perpetuated by the brain-washing media!

Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #4225
Solumina

Chocolate cake and wine make a rather satisfying dinner, it is perhaps lacking in nutritional value but I'm okay with that.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote