Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Dina.

Misunderstanding of Goths.

I decided to post up this thread when i just read the local tabloid of Kuwait claiming to see 2 girls and 2 guys dressed in black and reffering to them as "goths" slitting the throat of a cat on the beach (in a really public place) and why ? just beacause they felt like doing some santic rituals. ( the word satanism has been used alot)

Now whenever you will walk around in this stupid country dressed in your normal clothing people would just come right up to you criticising you and claiming you are a satanist. even for listening to Led Zeppelin. Oh yeah, nowadays in Kuwait any kind of Rock music makes you a satanic fellow..oh , or a scarry-ass goth maniac.

When i was hanging our with my friends we met an old friend and the first thing she said " oh my God are you a Gothic Emo Satanist ??!" I was just blown away when i heard this one of a kind combination . My reply was simple.. "...silence.."

Now i hope that this Gothic thing which comes as a trend in this close minded country would fade away, and people should understand first what is meant by the term Gothic. and fellows claiming ACDC as Lucifer's slaves would shut the f*ck up and posers to just die in silence.

Over here, they won't even believe that a girl listens to Children of Bodom, cradle of Filth or Disturbed or even HIM. You gotta be a rapper or just an ass to be accepted.
Dina. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
bleedingheart344

If those are the bands you listen to, what the hell are you doing here? None of the bands mentioned are even remotely goth... Please take a look at some Bauhaus, Sex Gang Children, and Rozz-era Christian Death. kthnxbai.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #3
KontanKarite

I don't really know what to say. You could always avoid guilt by association by not dressing like a goth. Or, you can continue to have balls and weather the storm of idiocy that the goth trend has faced since day one.

It's really simple. If you dress in solid black, people are going to call you emo and pick on you. Them's the breaks. It's up to you to decide if your own personal aesthetics are more important to you than being treated like shit.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #4
Genocide

Well maybe you should strap some of these idiots to a chair and force them to listen to Bela Lugosi`s Dead nonstop for 13 hours, and let`s see what we get!

What a classic, what a great representation of what they hate. .
Also ..if they think Rock music is satanic just wait until Black Metal creeps up on them!

Also I do not think we have met so, `ello
Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
Genocide

Ooo, I just got a new sex gang children album. Let`s!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide
Well maybe you should strap some of these idiots to a chair and force them to listen to Bela Lugosi`s Dead nonstop for 13 hours, and let`s see what we get!

Also ..if they think Rock music is satanic just wait until Black Metal creeps up on them!

Cute... but no. That's not a good solution at all.

If goths want to stop being rideculed for being satanists, than goths are going to once again, reinvent their image. The solid black clothing was more of a statement of anti-fashion and now... it's fashionable to the point that it strikes other people of being down right vain and self centered.

If you want to be a REAL HxC goth, you'd stop wearing black altogether and just reinvent the new anti-fashion statement.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
Genocide

Cyber-gawff maybe but that isn`t very casual. you don`t really see cybergoths just hanging around, unless their waiting on the rave to start... or on the bus to the rave
Old 12-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
Dina.

Quote:

haha they'd be brainwashed. Or maybe they wouldn't even get affected . But, take in consideration that we'll do this to thousands of people.

and Hello =]
Nice to meet ya.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
KontanKarite

Quote:
Cyber-gawff maybe but that isn`t very casual. you don`t really see cybergoths just hanging around, unless their waiting on the rave to start... or on the bus to the rave

....No. It's technically more goth to look less outlandish and more "normal" if you really think about it. Cyber-goth is kind of a silly fashion. It's not even anti-fashion. It's an actual fashion.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #10
Dina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Cute... but no. That's not a good solution at all.

If goths want to stop being rideculed for being satanists, than goths are going to once again, reinvent their image. The solid black clothing was more of a statement of anti-fashion and now... it's fashionable to the point that it strikes other people of being down right vain and self centered.

If you want to be a REAL HxC goth, you'd stop wearing black altogether and just reinvent the new anti-fashion statement.
You're really up to a point and i think eventually the only solution to stop gothic criticism is to give up the looks. Still you could hold on to your balls and keep going on. But believe me, in this country sometimes it is untoleratable. still by time, you get used to it.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #11
Dina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
If those are the bands you listen to, what the hell are you doing here? None of the bands mentioned are even remotely goth... Please take a look at some Bauhaus, Sex Gang Children, and Rozz-era Christian Death. kthnxbai.
Im just giving examples. I do listen to Siouxsie, Type O neagative and alot more.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:35 PM   #12
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina.
You're really up to a point and i think eventually the only solution to stop gothic criticism is to give up the looks. Still you could hold on to your balls and keep going on. But believe me, in this country sometimes it is untoleratable. still by time, you get used to it.
Here's a good question. Is it important to you for everyone to know you're something affiliated with goth?

Old 12-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #13
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina.
Im just giving examples. I do listen to Siouxsie, Type O neagative and alot more.
Then why list the fake ones above the real ones? o.O. Kontan has a good point too. Why do you care that people think you're goth? You should just be you because you want to be.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
KontanKarite

Nothing says goth like a white teeshirt, blue jeans, and a backpatch on your jacket that says "Siousxie Sioux Rocks!"

Old 12-26-2008, 11:41 PM   #15
Dina.

Quote:
Nothing says goth like a white teeshirt, blue jeans, and a backpatch on your jacket that says "Siousxie Sioux Rocks!"
yeah, who said we should rot in black clothing?
I can wear a tie die t-shirt with lots of eyeliner and still be a goth heh.

Leather jackets should be ressurected.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #16
bleedingheart344

Not really, they're still around.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #17
KontanKarite

Well, in all honesty, I've found my wardrobe taking on a more bleached blacks kind of thing with touches of color. Sometimes I wear a LOT of navy blue. But then I'll have a vest with a Bloody Dead And Sexy or The Cure back patch.

One of my favorite shirts is white, orange, and black. I've never been accused of being anything save for maybe a deathhawk obsessed deathrocker for the last year or so. o_0

My favorite outfit consists of a navy blue vest with a backpatch, a black tie, gunmetal gray shirt, and navy blue pinstripe straight leg pants with my sailor overcoat.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #18
Genocide

Quote:
Not really, they're still around.
The cat pissed on mine -.-
Old 12-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #19
Genocide

Quote:
Well, in all honesty, I've found my wardrobe taking on a more bleached blacks kind of thing with touches of color. Sometimes I wear a LOT of navy blue. But then I'll have a vest with a Bloody Dead And Sexy or The Cure back patch.

One of my favorite shirts is white, orange, and black. I've never been accused of being anything save for maybe a deathhawk obsessed deathrocker. o_0
Nothin` more Deathrock than bleach-stained black!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #20
Dina.

My favourite outfit is my black boot cut jeans, my eaten pair of converse and a white t-shit with 2 guitars crossing, I always wear my bag which has lots of badges and cuts . I recently bought a nice yin yang badge..
Old 12-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #21
Dina.

Quote:
Nothin` more Deathrock than bleach-stained black!
I love your Name thing "Siouxsie shoe cleaner" =]
Old 12-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #22
Genocide

Thank you :3
Old 12-27-2008, 05:55 AM   #23
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Urgh, stop contriving to showcase your gawffick cred.
She said that those bands were 'rock'.
Correcting her without the slightest hint of wit or satire doesn't make you any cooler.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #24
Dina.

thank you .
=]
Old 12-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #25
girasol

hmm...
I lived in Turkey for 9 years. The same thing happened over there actually. A group of people sharing an apartment together were busted into for drugs and they found a lot of satanic bibles, art with dark themes and also had killed a bunch of cats from the neighborhood.
A few more people did that afterwards and it was all over the news.
And mainly people who had long hair, really dark hair and alternative clothing etc. were made a joke. People at schools would ask anyone who listened to metal music etc. if they were a satanist and pick on them...
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote