Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
Despanan

What happens when we don't vaccinate

SURPRISE! WE GET HORRIBLY SICK

I know this may come as a shock, but please try to wrap your minds around it. THIS IS SCIENCE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Grausamkeit

I have never heard or read a believable argument against getting vaccinations. Science just makes sense, to me. You wanna lower your chances of getting measles/mumps/etc get vaccinated, get your child/ren vaccinated so they don't get some horrible disease and possibly die.

Parenting is about being responsible for your children. Responsible parents keep their kids safe by vaccinating them.
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
ape descendant

The other thing about vaccinations, is that vaccinations contribute to herd immunity, which protects those who are too young or frail to be able to get vaccinated themselves.

Anti-vaxers piss me off to no end.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Fruitbat

I'm with these folks^

Get the kid vaccinated. Save it's life. Seriously folks? Unless the kid has an egg allergy, then vaccinate them.

(some of the vaccines are made using chicken eggs).

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I have absolutely no respect for Jenny Mcarthy and her extremely flawed stance on what she thinks causes autism(aka vaccines). She continues to believe this even after it has been completely disproven. I feel sorry that her son has to put up with her lies, I wish she would just shut up.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
CptSternn

Who the fuck listens to Jenny McBoobies when it comes to parenting advise anyway? Thats like asking Charlie Sheen for relationship advice.

If anyone takes her seriously and endangers their kids life base on her wacky Alex Jones ideas instead of proven scientific evidence they should have their kids taken away by the state.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #7
PortraitOfSanity

Wait. You mean to tell me the tin foil hats aren't virus and germ proof?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Wait. You mean to tell me the tin foil hats aren't virus and germ proof?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
No, they keep the gubmint from reading your mind! Didn't you recieve your copy of Paranoia Weekly? Can't trust that magazine though, it may be a cover....
Old 05-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Who the fuck listens to Jenny McBoobies when it comes to parenting advise anyway? Thats like asking Charlie Sheen for relationship advice.

If anyone takes her seriously and endangers their kids life base on her wacky Alex Jones ideas instead of proven scientific evidence they should have their kids taken away by the state.
Shes the mother of an autistic, thats all many people need to hear these days unfortunately. People are scared of autism these days due to the ignorance spread by the media.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Shes the mother of an autistic, thats all many people need to hear these days unfortunately. People are scared of autism these days due to the ignorance spread by the media.
She's an idiot for clinging to false hope in the face of reality. She needs to embrace her son as he is. When we found out that both of my children were autistic I got flooded with advice from well-meaning, but misguided people about how McCarthy had 'cured' her son of autism. Instead of trying to figure out how to help her son live with autism she tried to find a cause and then a 'cure'. They may one day discover that there is something in the environment that causes autism. Personally, I think it's just genetics and people need to do the work to help their kids live their life with it.

I can understand the lure of trying to find a cure. It is a grueling task raising autistic children. The fantasy of being able to just wisk it all away with some special diet or cleansing process so that you can raise a normal child(who doesn't need specific routines, schedules and medication) probably overpowers some people's common sense. They need to suck it up and deal with it, though.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #11
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
She's an idiot for clinging to false hope in the face of reality. She needs to embrace her son as he is. When we found out that both of my children were autistic I got flooded with advice from well-meaning, but misguided people about how McCarthy had 'cured' her son of autism. Instead of trying to figure out how to help her son live with autism she tried to find a cause and then a 'cure'. They may one day discover that there is something in the environment that causes autism. Personally, I think it's just genetics and people need to do the work to help their kids live their life with it.

I can understand the lure of trying to find a cure. It is a grueling task raising autistic children. The fantasy of being able to just wisk it all away with some special diet or cleansing process so that you can raise a normal child(who doesn't need specific routines, schedules and medication) probably overpowers some people's common sense. They need to suck it up and deal with it, though.
I love this youtuber http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkIhx...feature=relmfu . He saw through the bullshit.

Also I'm glad that you saw the through the bullshit too grausamkeit. I don't know if you know, but I and several other on and off members of gnet have some form of autism. On behalf of the autistic community I thank you.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #12
Saya

Ever see the documentary The Vaccine Wars, on PBS? Makes you want to slap the shit out of Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carey.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
Versus

Wait. Jim Carey, the comedian? Lucy, you has some 'splainin' to do.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
I love this youtuber http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkIhx...feature=relmfu . He saw through the bullshit.

Also I'm glad that you saw the through the bullshit too grausamkeit. I don't know if you know, but I and several other on and off members of gnet have some form of autism. On behalf of the autistic community I thank you.
Further stupifying people! Love it!

You can thank my children, actually. They opened my eyes about the whole thing. I realized by observing them while they've been growing that they did show signs of autism from very early ages. Plus, we never fit whatever criteria people put forth in their whackadoo theories about the causes of Autism/PDDNOS. I feel bad for having to say it, but we were so busy trying to work to get bills paid that they were often late getting vaccinated and they were showing signs before they ever got the vax.

I did not know that we had members with autism. I wasn't sure how people would view my statement, actually, but there's just something that always nags at the back of my brain when people come up with new possible causes. You just can't run away from life. It is always hard and you can either sit around complaining about it(or fantasizing ways out of it) like a little pussy or deal with it.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #15
Fruitbat

Quote:

I worked with a lady who's son was autistic and she did find that a particular diet helped him with his moods. I think her son had Asbergers (spelling bad sorry).

I think that diet related mood swings affect almost every human on the planet. I know people who's kids go hyper on red cordial, icecream, chocolate et al.

I guess parents feel the need to cure their children of their ailments, but I sure hope that these kids are being raised/taught how to deal with their conditions and then how to live a normal life.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #16
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
I worked with a lady who's son was autistic and she did find that a particular diet helped him with his moods. I think her son had Asbergers (spelling bad sorry).

I think that diet related mood swings affect almost every human on the planet. I know people who's kids go hyper on red cordial, icecream, chocolate et al.

I guess parents feel the need to cure their children of their ailments, but I sure hope that these kids are being raised/taught how to deal with their conditions and then how to live a normal life.
Yes, for some forms of autism/pddnos altering or using that gcfc diet(?) can improve mood, but it doesn't do away with their autism. If they have a lot of gut related problems it may even seem like a cure, to some parents. Certainly it can help with some people's comfort level. There is a big difference between trying to make an autistic person more comfortable and attempting to cure them. Most find the idea of people wanting to 'cure' them offensive and ignorant.

To me, curing a child's autism would be as silly as a parent wanting to cure their child of Down Syndrome. Not that the two are the same and I'm not trying to say that they are equal; just two things that children are born with. People just need to accept their children how they are and not jump on some cure bandwagon because they don't like how they turned out. That's what it seems like, to me, with all of these parents searching out cures for their children.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #17
PortraitOfSanity

I babysit for my friend's kids occasionally, and one of them has one of those, forget which one. Awesome kid, a handful, but she's cool. She's 16, and basically has the mentality of an 8 year old. Wanting to cure it would be insulting imho.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #18
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Wait. Jim Carey, the comedian? Lucy, you has some 'splainin' to do.
Erm, Jim Carrey, I always forget the number of rs. Anyway him and Jenny McCarthy used to date for like, five years and he joined her on her crusade against vaccines. Dunno if he's changed his mind since.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
Fruitbat

Quote:
Yes, for some forms of autism/pddnos altering or using that gcfc diet(?) can improve mood, but it doesn't do away with their autism. If they have a lot of gut related problems it may even seem like a cure, to some parents. Certainly it can help with some people's comfort level. There is a big difference between trying to make an autistic person more comfortable and attempting to cure them. Most find the idea of people wanting to 'cure' them offensive and ignorant.

To me, curing a child's autism would be as silly as a parent wanting to cure their child of Down Syndrome. Not that the two are the same and I'm not trying to say that they are equal; just two things that children are born with. People just need to accept their children how they are and not jump on some cure bandwagon because they don't like how they turned out. That's what it seems like, to me, with all of these parents searching out cures for their children.
I have a niece who has ADD. Everyone used to get on her back because she couldn't sit still, except my mum (her grandma) who was always supporting her.

She's turned into an exceptional young woman, although she still speaks her mind - and causes a whole heap of trouble. Her siblings are sick of her but I stand by all my nieces and nephews - love them all to pieces however they are.

I'm always saying, "I don't have favourites, love you all just how you are, and I'm so proud of you...et al"

I wouldn't change them for all the money in the world - they are awesome.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #20
Grausamkeit

That is the way that family should be, Fruitbat! ^_^
Old 06-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #21
Llyallowyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post

Hahaha, I agree 100% with everything you said.

Jenny McCarthy is an idiot, and honestly, if you are going to be a sheeple, you are only getting what you deserve. THIS is what happens when you don't vaccinate: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayi...otect-yourself

Furthermore, I believe it was recently proven in court that there is no feasible scientific evidence supporting the link between increases in autism and vaccinations. http://blogs.forbes.com/sciencebiz/2...-cause-autism/ One study actually saw an increase among those who were not vaccinated. The issue is deflated in and in the garbage. Next, please!
Llyallowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #22
Llyallowyn

I have a brother who is a high-functioning autistic. He is annoying, yes, but at 14 is probably a more advanced computer programmer than many first years at computer technical schools. I myself am on the autistic spectrum, and coupled with my ADHD, I used to make my mother's life quite difficult. I completely understand, Sam. It is really hard to get a handle on it and deal with it, but I am so glad that you understand the bad science behind claims of dietary cures and the like. Good for you and your kids.

Funnily enough, Autism and ADHD and the like have been linked to greater creative thought and productivity, and advances in science and mathematics. Issac Newton, for example, was thought to suffer from Asperger's Syndrome.

I will never understand willful ignorance and blindly leading the blind ever further into ignorance. Maybe [Jenny] is trying her best to believe that she can cure him, that she can un complicate both of their lives, but in denying the truth she is hurting them both more than she probably realizes.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
Grausamkeit

'Sam', huh? I like it! ^_^

I believe you said you were female, Wyn? They(the doctors and therapists that we talk to) say that ADHD coupled with autism is normal for girls on the spectrum. My daughter was diagnosed with it, but she is not currently on meds because I didn't like that she seemed so 'zombified' on them. I remember how I felt on anti depressants; like there was this other person in my head saying "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm happy! Everything's great!" when deep down I felt miserable. I don't want my children to go through their lives like that.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #24
Llyallowyn

Quote:
'Sam', huh? I like it! ^_^

I believe you said you were female, Wyn? They(the doctors and therapists that we talk to) say that ADHD coupled with autism is normal for girls on the spectrum. My daughter was diagnosed with it, but she is not currently on meds because I didn't like that she seemed so 'zombified' on them. I remember how I felt on anti depressants; like there was this other person in my head saying "Yeah, I'm fine, I'm happy! Everything's great!" when deep down I felt miserable. I don't want my children to go through their lives like that.
I hope I am female. Otherwise I should see my proctologist pronto. I might name a future child Wyn ^_^

I used to take Adderall, and it made me depressed and withdrawn. The anti depressants... Well, Prozac made me suicidal, and Wellbutrin made me feel the way you did. With meds, it is about finding a balance, but I myself choose to stay unmedicated for your very reasoning, and learning to deal with it in therapy is a much greater achievement than just popping pills. And you can't always afford the pills.

I had no idea that that is so common though. You learn something new every day.

Last edited by Llyallowyn; 06-05-2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: I can't spell worth a penny these days...
Old 06-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #25
ShadowMerchantBC

Question There is no vaccination for our inevitable demise

The soul purpose of vaccination is to save lives and ward off disease and sickness. But the more human lives you save the more populated the earth sphere becomes, the greater the strain and the deeper the suffering. This is a paradox. Disease death sickness and extinction are mother natures way of keeping balance within the earth sphere. Our fate as a whole is inevitably sealed and cannot be prevented in the greater sceam of things - only postponed. But rest assured that one day our footprints as deep as they are, will subside - lost within the annals of a decaying world. Why fight the storm? The tides will rise, the winds will blow, thunder will strike and all you can really do is kneel down in submission to a greater untamed power at work - mother nature!
ShadowMerchantBC is offline   Reply With Quote